August 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    August Goal: 200 running miles.

August Running:
    07.30.18 - 08.05.18: Running Miles - 57 / Weekly TSS - 676 / Fitness: CTL - 84

Goals 07.30.18 - 08.05.18:
    Run: 6 Days, at least 55 miles with a LR of 17 on Wknd.

Base 2 : Week 1 of 4
    07.30.18 - 7.4 m.
    07.31.18 - 1.3 m. and Biking.
    08.01.18 - 9.5 m.
    08.02.18 - Too sore.
    08.03.18 -17.1 m.
    08.04.18 - 7.4 m.
    08.05.18 - 14.2 m.

Upcoming Events:
    08.25.18 - Tour de Donut Bike Ride

Notes:
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Was getting ready to head out for my run when I realized that I wanted another pair of shoes, so I had to stop and order them.... Now I can go do my run...

1163 reviews and close to 5 star, really impressive. Those look lite and fast.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    So this is all self diagnosed, but as a former LMT, (& nurses aide) I think I have a pretty good idea of what is physically going on. True, I'm not a doctor or NP, but I when I read through different sources, go back to my old books & such, I think I'm a least in the right ball park anyways.

After my run yesterday, I felt a nice, sharp pain in my right hip. Did not go away throughout the day or evening, and is still with me today. When I move, do self manipulations or stretches I am oh so aware that it is inflamed. Ya, I think I've got a case of acute hip bursitis. Dang it.

Its all my fault, I've not been as stringent - ok, I've not stretched out after my runs this past week or so, and I've ignored my body's signals to take time, stretch &/or yoga it out. But with my monthly goal set higher (I know, "injuries" come 1st) because I have that "Revenge" 5K in a few weeks, just how long should I take off running to let it get better?

I am on a rest day today, plan was to run tomorrow & Tuesday, rest Wed. (run 2 days, rest 1 routine) Now thinking plan is just doing Yoga tomorrow & seeing how it goes for Tuesday, either yoga, swim or run if I feel up to it, rest Wed, then back running on Thur? Or is that pushing it?

I had trochanteric bursectomy 6 months ago. You should also find insane tenderness at the bursa. Shots helped. Hopefully it calms down with rest and self treatment.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 I don't really pay attention to macros. I find that if I give myself too many "food rules" my diet falls apart. I just try to stay in my daily calorie range.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    mkaypaige wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I am starting back up on MFP and new to this group! I love how involved everyone is and I think that even though I haven't ran in a while, I walk a couple of miles a day, this would be a great group for me to be a part of to start my running journey.
    Since my fiance and I just bought a house, I'm starting late, and I am new I am going to set a goal of 25 miles.
    Hopefully I am able to do more than that. After reading through the posts I think you guys will be motivation enough for me to beat this goal!

We just bought a house too! :)

Welcome to the thread! 25miles is about a mile a day for the rest of the month. Or 2 miles every other day. Are you ready to run a whole mile? Its okay to do something like run/walk or other means to work up to it. Just need to be careful not to push too, especially as you are getting started. If you are, that's great! Go for it! We will all cheer you on. If not, that is okay and we will still cheer you on your way to get there. :)
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Travel day for me. 1056km from start to finish.... say 630 miles or so if my math is right.

Macros: I don't watch them now but I think after my half marathon in 2 weeks I am going to try a lower carb plan again. I lost 70 lbs doing that a couple years ago, have regained a bit since. 2 weeks out from a major race isn't a good time to change things up, hence afterwards.
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Those look lite and fast.
    Which is the opposite of me... now that you put it THAT way, what the hell was I thinking? Lol
    But I have been jonesing for these since they came out. Xero primarily has made their name in hurache running sandals and this shoe is basically their sandal with a mesh casing... and who can't love a 5,000 mile guarantee on the sole?
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Yes, welcome @mkaypaige! What @PastorVincent says is right on. And also be sure to carve out a significant portion of your day keeping up with this thread ;)
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Rest day. I managed to get in at least some strength training (day isn't over yet, I can get in my abs and lunges.) Big step is getting it in Monday.