August 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent Nice! I only have one pair with that many miles...
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo Great job on that 8k!

I walk 5k almost every weekday at lunch, even on days I run many miles. I just can not comfortably sit in the office and start at the screen all that time and NOT get out and move around. Go stir crazy on bad weather days.
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    @KeepRunningFatboy You have that bike race coming up soon.... you ready?
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options

I walk 5k almost every weekday at lunch, even on days I run many miles. I just can not comfortably sit in the office and start at the screen all that time and NOT get out and move around. Go stir crazy on bad weather days.

lol yep you got it. my job is pretty varied but still a long time standing at a desk (yes, I have a standing desk lol). I also do postgraduate study so anytime away from the computer is good time.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    So im too lazy to go back half way through last months thread. Hit me with your sock recommendations. I cot some New Balance ones but I keep getting blisters in my instep. Time to get proper ones.

Anyone heard of steigen?
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    tDjxm8.png

1HK2m8.png
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »

lol yep you got it. my job is pretty varied but still a long time standing at a desk (yes, I have a standing desk lol). I also do postgraduate study so anytime away from the computer is good time.

Yeah, during the day I am a software developer... at night I am a published author... and all the times in between I am doing research for the classes I teach, and the sermons I give. I get A LOT of screen time.

So I feel ya...
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    So im too lazy to go back half way through last months thread. Hit me with your sock recommendations. I cot some New Balance ones but I keep getting blisters in my instep. Time to get proper ones.

Anyone heard of steigen?

I run in Nike Dry Fit, or Under Armor heat socks gear during the summer.

When it turns cold, I switch to Darn Tough wool socks. I hear good things about Smart Wool also but have not tried them myself.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options

Anyone heard of steigen?

You want June for the last sock conversation I think, starting with My Very First Blister. I ended up buying some Under Armor socks as recommended by @PastorVincent and they’ve been great so far, although I haven’t tried them for a run over 4 miles yet. For my longer runs I’ve been wearing Wrightsocks but they do give me the occasional case of hot foot so I plan to try the thinner Under Armor ones on my long run this weekend. I haven’t had a second blister yet, though!
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm scheduled for 3.5 today but that will not be happening. I forgot that I'm manning the lib booth at National Night Out. Sitting out in the heat. Fun. It'll be cool enough to run when I get home, but way too late for me to feel comfortable running. :|
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    New to running so at the end of August i want to run 5k. I know it doesn't sound much but I'm more of a couch potatoe so this month its low but later months I may up the mileage.

Don't discount yourself! Forward is always good. Welcome to the group!