What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    As long as it's something that won't immediately go bad, I'll just think of it as something to look forward to when I get home.

Or I'll try, anyway XD
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    That you get drunk faster then you would expect...

I poured myself a drink that I normally would have been okay with at 155 lbs. I was not intending of drinking enough to get "drunk". And yet, there I was completely schnockered on just 1 drink! It went straight to my head! I wouldn't think that 17 lbs. would make that much of a difference. But as a short statured woman apparently it does. Lesson learned.

This happened to me after a pint of cider one sunny afternoon (I discovered it was 14%!). Now any cider is limited to a half and I look for lower strength :smiley:
  • lindaannsizelove
    lindaannsizelove Posts: 1 Member
    what is your secret? i’m new to this site and i lost 15 pounds my first month following low carb and now on a week long plateau! i want to lose 50 more pounds and it’s frustrating me that things aren’t budging. intermittent fasting seemed to stall thing out so i’m back to just low carb and 1200 calories a day.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member

I poured myself a drink that I normally would have been okay with at 155 lbs. I was not intending of drinking enough to get "drunk". And yet, there I was completely schnockered on just 1 drink! It went straight to my head! I wouldn't think that 17 lbs. would make that much of a difference. But as a short statured woman apparently it does. Lesson learned.

I had this last weekend. I had two pints of cider (one 6% one 5%) and I felt definitely more than a little tipsy. Very unexpected!
  • harzicn
    harzicn Posts: 35 Member

Same here. I've recently found myself getting slightly merry on tiny quantities of
    Wine. Never was a big drinker, but I never seemed to ever feel drunk. It's quite odd.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member

Hey, even as someone tall I noticed a difference! ;D But I'm pretty happy with it. Drinks are EXPENSIVE. And I'm cheap, so if weighing less means I don't have to shell out as much dough, that's just one more benefit!

Very true! I've always been kind of a lightweight though, so now I'll have to be a little more conscious about how fast I drink. Back in my 20's 1 drink every 2(or more) hours was more then enough to keep the buzz going without going into overly drunk/trashed territory. (I really hate being actually drunk.) 2 is usually my max anyways. I was also lighter then. 21 year old me never realized there was a correlation between my weight and the limit on what I could drink. :open_mouth:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!