The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Tell me of your 40th. I am turning 40 this year. Oh La Laaaaaa!

Nothing special. It's 50 that felt different to me.

How did 50 affect you Tony?

Just felt weird all day. Kind of numb feeling at the thought of it. Most birthdays before that, meant absolutely nothing to me.

Something strange about being so old, but it hasn't really "affected" me in any other way yet. :)

I know what you mean! I will be 56 in a week and a half and I sometimes don't realize how "old" I am. I am technically retired, a grandma and at some places eligible for senior discounts (ugh). I may be "old" but I don't really feel it! (thank goodness) Like you, it hasn't affected me in other ways and I hope it stays that way for a long time! Here's to the :Fabulous Fifties"!
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day all you M agers. Let's get today done and head to weekend.Get them workout's in.
  • melabarrie
    melabarrie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    G'morning folks. I'm 44 and loving my forties. Loved my thirties when I entered it, and thought it couldn't get better then bam, the forties came and they've been excellent. I look forward to what the fifties have to offer. But until then, I'm just gonna enjoy this Wednesday. Glad it's a bit cooler too!

Have a great day guys, whatever you get up to!
  • bigrichieAF28
    bigrichieAF28 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone. I think at 35 I may be the baby of the group. Regardless, it's a pleasure to be here. Everyone have a great day. Crush your goals!!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone. I think at 35 I may be the baby of the group. Regardless, it's a pleasure to be here. Everyone have a great day. Crush your goals!!

Rub it in why don't ya 😄
  • bigrichieAF28
    bigrichieAF28 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Rereading that, it sounds bad. Definitely not throwing stones. I enjoy this thread over all the others.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Rereading that, it sounds bad. Definitely not throwing stones. I enjoy this thread over all the others.

Nahhh you're good I was just teasing ya😅

You young whipper snapper lol
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    My mind says I'm 35. My aching body says nope!

Yup, this.....

Good morning all ;-)
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Good middle of the week, middle agers (even the 35 year old ones :) ). 30 years old was the big birthday for me--I remember thinking I'll never be young again. Anything after that was fine. 56 now and it feels kind of weird being closer to 60 than 50, but I'm in the second best shape of my life (after the free body we're given until we're around 20) so I just keep saying that to lessen the blow. Carpe diem!
  • blueunicorn125
    blueunicorn125 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Good Mornin’ y’all! Happy hump day!
  • tismeagain77
    tismeagain77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am going on 41 this fall. Feel free to add me! In the last few years was diagnosed with fibromyalgia which has made working out painful, so I stopped, gained 40 lbs and have decided it needs to come off, need to fight through the pain on the days that I can.
  • nb297
    nb297 Posts: 9 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I'm ready for this journey! Turning 40 this year, got on the scale at my physical yesterday. And I'm 10lbs heavier than I was pregnant with my daughter......9 months pregnant......12 years ago! So 40 for 40 is my goal. I'm most worried about meal planning. I'm kinda the run around shoving food in my mouth, in between taxi to 4 teens, full time job and taking care of my mom in law. Feel free to add me!! I need friends going thru the same, cause my overweight dachshund doesn't count!!
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    GM all - my 30th birthday I celebrated in Italy by myself, my one and only trip (so far) to Europe and worried I would never get married.

My 40th Birthday I had just left my now ex husband but he did not know it yet so he awkward fly in to surprise me, but as weird as those were - 50th was hard! I just could not wrap my mind that I was that old. Still can't and I will be 51 in a few weeks.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    My mind says I'm 35. My aching body says nope!

Ditto.
    Have a great day all. :)
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    I think I know what you mean, 40 hit me really hard, it was like BAM how'd I get this old.. Im not looking forward to 50 truthfully 😔
    I often see much older people and wonder if they still think of themselves as younger on the inside..
    I feel about 30 😅

I have never felt better. The only time I know that I'm 60 is when I look in the mirror and see some old guy with grey hair wearing my clothes. :D

LOL! I peaked at your profile and I think you've stumbled on what should be the motto and goal of everyone over 50:
    "STAY INJURY FREE! "
  • crymil1227
    crymil1227 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All! I got up out of bed and ran this morning before work! It WILL be a great day!!!
  • solorex
    solorex Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Way to get after it @crymil1227 ! I've got a lap around the lake I have to make up tonight after work since I ended up getting drug out to trivia night @ Boston's Pizza last night.

But hey, we aced the Hair Metal Bands category! :lol:
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    I think I know what you mean, 40 hit me really hard, it was like BAM how'd I get this old.. Im not looking forward to 50 truthfully 😔
    I often see much older people and wonder if they still think of themselves as younger on the inside..
    I feel about 30 😅

I have never felt better. The only time I know that I'm 60 is when I look in the mirror and see some old guy with grey hair wearing my clothes. :D

LOL! I peaked at your profile and I think you've stumbled on what should be the motto and goal of everyone over 50:
    "STAY INJURY FREE! "

Haha. I think it's probably the goal of every endurance athlete, whether young or old. I just finished a 24 week build with only a few scrapes and bruises, so that is a win! :)
  • dblbbl88
    dblbbl88 Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day all!! I just love seeing all of your beautiful faces in the morning!