Myfitnesspal

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Tummy surgery after 180 pound weight loss [warning - some graphic pics]

SystemSystem MFP Staff Posts: 1,776 MFP Staff MFP Staff Posts: 1,776 MFP Staff
This discussion was created from replies split from: So you want a nice stomach.
edited August 2018

Replies

• alexmosealexmose Member Posts: 793 Member Member Posts: 793 Member
    Following
  • alexmosealexmose Member Posts: 793 Member Member Posts: 793 Member
    Following
  • GoodLardyGoodLardy Member Posts: 163 Member Member Posts: 163 Member
    VUA21 wrote: »
    @middlehaitch

First day post surgery. Dr says a bit over 4lbs of skin was removed. Had to get a second drain put in today. Here's the pic of my 1 day old scar.

j0c4ygpdonpy.jpg

Looks fantastic already! Thank you for sharing with us. Wish you a speedy recovery!
  • nutmegoreonutmegoreo Member Posts: 15,510 Member Member Posts: 15,510 Member
    Update: Day 5 recovery. Anesthesia pump removed and completely off of painkillers. (Ouchie, but not unbearable). For the first time in nearly 20 years I sat up and my stomach did not cover my groin and half my thighs. Still bloated, in some pain (more soreness than actual pain).

nu32w74ukoko.jpg

It looks great.
  • mmebouchonmmebouchon Member Posts: 855 Member Member Posts: 855 Member
    Update: Day 5 recovery. Anesthesia pump removed and completely off of painkillers. (Ouchie, but not unbearable). For the first time in nearly 20 years I sat up and my stomach did not cover my groin and half my thighs. Still bloated, in some pain (more soreness than actual pain).

nu32w74ukoko.jpg

Take care. You did an amazing job of getting to the pre surgery stage! Congrats on the new tummy.
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Member Posts: 28,073 Member Member Posts: 28,073 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

nu32w74ukoko.jpg

It looks great.

I agree! Absolutely awesome!
  • VUA21VUA21 Member Posts: 2,073 Member Member Posts: 2,073 Member

nu32w74ukoko.jpg

I didn’t have a full abdonimalplasty like you I had a mini one! 07rk19bx30k4.jpeg

@rickiimarieee May I ask how long ago you had your surgery? Flattened belly good!!!