Replies

• bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Online personas not matching real life ones.

Well I don't know about about you but I look exactly like my profile photo

Is a persona a picture?

Well it's a part of what I present to the people on here so it would be part of it

Maybe it's my lack of understanding with the English language, but I thought the word persona is directly derived from personality. And isn't proper to separate ones looks from their actions when examining personality.....kind of the, don't judge a book by its cover sort of thing?

Well, if you want to get super technical, this is the definition of persona: the aspect of someone's character that is presented to or perceived by others.

It's not just based off of someone's personality. It can be based on a lot of things like, for example, sometimes you'll see someone show up to work and they drive a super fancy car and they wear nice clothes so you might think, "oh, they have a ton of money, they must live x kind of life," but then at the end of the day they go home to the apartment that they rent because they can't actually afford a home and the rest of their closet is made up of inexpensive clothing.

So their persona at work is, in part, someone who is financially successful, despite not actually being that way in reality.

But anyways - I was just making a joke because I use a lot of gifs of Tina Belcher and I've had her as my profile photo for months

I also was making a joke to see how far you would go to prove you were right.....;)

I wasn't even lol I was trying to be so nice to you and you come at me with this nonsense! :p

Que? Xoxo :)
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    People who don't eat pizza crust but want bread sticks.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    People who don't re-rack weight :/:/:/
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »
    People who don't re-rack weight :/:/:/

Just wanted to see you bend over
  • shaf238
    Options
    This is why you always watch me squat you creep!
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »
    This is why you always watch me squat you creep!

For form purposes
  • shaf238
    Options
    You know I didn't need your supporting hands...that was only my warm up set...
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    When my supply company calls me while I am legit busy asking if I need to order any lab supplies.. ummmm.. I just placed a $2,000 order last week. Check your damn records!
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    When someone's nails are so long they click on their phone screen. Please cut those.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    When someone's nails are so long they click on their phone screen. Please cut those.

Yes! This even drives me crazy on myself, once they even touch the screen, I am filing them down.
  • shaf238
    Options
    That kissing your teeth noise :|
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    When someone asks your opinion and does whatever they were going to anyway.

It drives me crazy when this irritates people. Just cause i ask your opinion does not mean its now set in stone i have to do it your way!!

Whew, sorry...old argument between an ex.😛
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    I don't need to know every single little thing you do. You don't need to post every 10 year old movie that watch on fb. Or that you're getting ice cream with the kiddos for the 8th time this week.
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    When someone says “At the end of the day” 20 times in one sentence.

Yes. It makes me cringe if it's said more than just once.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I do not like long, fake nails on women, or fake toenails. Yuck.

• kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I don't need to know every single little thing you do. You don't need to post every 10 year old movie that watch on fb. Or that you're getting ice cream with the kiddos for the 8th time this week.

Facebook brings out the narcissism in people! What I hate is when people post a pic of themselves and then wait for all the wow you look good, you are so hot, etc, etc. etc. etc.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »

I worked with a lady that would get acrylic nails on her toes and then have traditional french tips and thought: wtf is she doing that for?! It looked disgusting, like she had footlong toenails.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »

I worked with a lady that would get acrylic nails on her toes and then have traditional french tips and thought: wtf is she doing that for?! It looked disgusting, like she had footlong toenails.

I like french tip natural nails. Fakes, yuck.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    kds10 wrote: »

Facebook brings out the narcissism in people! What I hate is when people post a pic of themselves and then wait for all the wow you look good, you are so hot, etc, etc. etc. etc.

I go back and forth when I update my profile pic on fb.... which I do every 3-4 months maybe.....
    I want to update it, but at the same time I don't want to come across as looking for attention. Its like an internal struggle EVERY SINGLE TIME. At the end, I come to the same conclusion.... "Who cares! I like this pic."

Of course, later, I wonder if I am supposed to "like" everyone's comment, or comment "thank you" to everyone who compliments me.....
    WHAT IS FACEBOOK PROTOCOL?! This is too stressful.
    I feel like I should post this in the weirdos thread....