• hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    hud54014 wrote: »
    I feel the same about this, as well as bathroom stalls and parking spots
    @hud54014
    Not using a urinal next to another guy is a standard guy rule, you just don't do it unless there is no other option available. I think it is rule two, rule one being that you don't talk to anyone once you enter the bathroom.
    I figured it would apply to exercise equipment as well.

k5qcd59t9evy.jpg

I wanted to remake that cartoon with treadmills instead of urinals. I just don't get it.

comparing urinals to treadmills.....

I don't have a favorite urinal (although I'm working on it) but I might have a favorite treadmill.

If somebody is on a treadmill next to my favorite treadmill, they are probably in for some company.

now comparing urinals to sinks makes sense.... although, I've always thought having both is quite unnecessary if not opulent.

I have a favorite stall. It’s the 2nd to last and farthest from the bathroom entrance. I don’t know how that would apply to urinals, but give it a try and let me know if it changes your mind.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I don't know if it was a comparison, I just can't figure out why someone would go out of their way to get on a treadmill next to someone. I like my personal space.
    If the person gets on the treadmill next to me and puts on their headsets to watch the TV in front of that treadmill I can accept that. If the gym is busy and there are not a lot of choices I can accept that. When the entire row of treadmills is empty and they walk all the way over and get next to me I wonder "why?". It baffles me.

I don't have a favorite treadmill, I use the one away from the most people. I do look for a treadmill next to a treadmill with a "Sorry temporary out of order" sign on it, that way at least one side of me is safe.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Mean_Spice wrote: »
    My pet peeve is complainers who complain without really knowing the circumstances.

OK all, you got me. Yes, I am that slow walker that holds you from getting to your destination 5-10 seconds sooner. Of course, like everyone else, I try to make up some excuse for your 10 second tardiness. But you are right, I did on purpose. I volunteered for military service (it beat being drafted at the time). I volunteered for service in Vietnam, I volunteered for Desert Storm. I volunteered to jump out of perfectly good airplanes. I volunteered for Ranger school. I volunteered to have that quadruple fusion and decompression in my lower back and to have foot long metal rod to stabilize the vertebrae. It had nothing to do with my service connected disabilities, I just wanted that Disabled Veteran handicap license plate that everyone is craving.

Point is, think before you judge. The person you are judging may be a disabled veteran, someone on the phone just finding out the results of that biopsy their spouse had. Someone that just found out about a loved one who needs a special prayer. One of those that are first responders and are being called in to support an emergency. Or a million other things that are affecting them.

It's impossible to know EVERY circumstance. Especially when they're all strangers. I'm all for being kind and compassionate but you could also flip everything you just said the other way because you don't know why one person is in such a rush - maybe they're trying to get to the hospital for an urgent appt, maybe if they're late for work they'll get sacked, maybe they just really need the loo?!
  • shaf238
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    shaf238 wrote: »
    When someone corrects a typo...with another typo. Take more damn care!!

Your so right about this won. I two have a problem with this. Its like their not even trying.

I. Hate. You.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    If I said this before I am sorry, I have to say it again. When the entire row of treadmills is empty you DO NOT have to use the machine next to mine.

I'm sorry. I have done this before without thinking.
    @nooshi713
    I am really wondering about this. I am not trying to be rude, I want learn something about human behavior. If you had a choice of any machine, why would you walk down the isle past empty machines and get on a machine next to someone? I am trying to understand.

I did not think about it. Maybe I liked what was on the TV above that machine?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    -Someone talking to me when I’m trying to read
    -People standing too close to me in lines
    -Littering
    -When an online order doesn’t come when it’s supposed to

Or when you order something, you’re excited for it to come in and then you realize its out of stock so it never came. Me shopping online at footlocker every time they have a sale.

I also hate when someone is taking to me when I’m
    reading. And when people don’t consider personal space.

Yep .. the shopping one, I've just waited 3 weeks for my Samsung s9, got an email yesterday saying sorry we cannot provide that phone.. then why the *kitten* advertise it😠
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I feel the same about this, as well as bathroom stalls and parking spots
    @hud54014
    Not using a urinal next to another guy is a standard guy rule, you just don't do it unless there is no other option available. I think it is rule two, rule one being that you don't talk to anyone once you enter the bathroom.
    I figured it would apply to exercise equipment as well.

k5qcd59t9evy.jpg

I wanted to remake that cartoon with treadmills instead of urinals. I just don't get it.

I don't have a favorite urinal (although I'm working on it) but I might have a favorite treadmill.

If somebody is on a treadmill next to my favorite treadmill, they are probably in for some company.

now comparing urinals to sinks makes sense.... although, I've always thought having both is quite unnecessary if not opulent.

I have a favorite stall. It’s the 2nd to last and farthest from the bathroom entrance. I don’t know how that would apply to urinals, but give it a try and let me know if it changes your mind.

I might be mistaken, but this sure sounds like an invitation.

giphy.gif
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    kds10 wrote: »
    Two ladies at Wal-Mart yesterday were trying a bunch of shoes on and couldn't be bothered putting them back in the box or back on the shelf just left them on floor. And walked away. I ended up putting them away

As a person who works in retail, I love you!!!
  • 2baninja
    Options
    lmaskey wrote: »
    Pedestrians who think they have the right of way 100% of the time. Don't even look when they're crossing RIGHT IN FRONT of your car. Who's going to survive THAT crash?

OMG yes, I blame those stupid "pedestrians have the right of way" signs, all they did was give people the idea that they have the right of way every time. A car can not stop on a dime, no mater how slow it's going.
  • 2baninja
    Options
    People who are constantly saying "I'm sorry", they say it so often, I feel they just say it to say it, it has no meaning, every other word out of their mouth is I'm sorry, shut up already.
  • 2baninja
    Options
    If I said this before I am sorry, I have to say it again. When the entire row of treadmills is empty you DO NOT have to use the machine next to mine.

I'm sorry. I have done this before without thinking.
    @nooshi713
    I am really wondering about this. I am not trying to be rude, I want learn something about human behavior. If you had a choice of any machine, why would you walk down the isle past empty machines and get on a machine next to someone? I am trying to understand.

Other people on here have commented that they have a specific machine they like, or others that they don't like, so they'll grab a close one because of that, I'm the opposite, I'm very anti social, so I'll pick a machine far from everyone else...
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I did not think about it. Maybe I liked what was on the TV above that machine?
    Okay, that is fine. I see it all the time. I have seen a person get on a machine next to someone and first person stopped their machine and move to another machine.
    I thought one older guy was creepy when he got on a machine next to what looked like a teenage girl. Then I noticed he always gets on that machine.

It is just a personal space thing to me.
    2baninja wrote: »
    I'm the opposite, I'm very anti social, so I'll pick a machine far from everyone else...
    I am not anti-social but I am not at the gym to socialize. I will pick a remote machine as well, and someone will walk all the way over and get next to me. I don't want to chat or be friends. I want to do my thing and get on with my life. I am not there to make friends, or pick up any women. In the lobby, outside of the gym I will talk with any of these people, but please respect personal space. (And wipe down the equipment when you are done.)

• ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    fake drama of reality TV shows.
  • TCO76
    TCO76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Dudes who road rage!! Calm down little 😸
  • shaf238
    Options
    TCO76 wrote: »
    Dudes who road rage!! Calm down little 😸
    I will NOT calm down
  • shaf238
    Options
    ChaelAZ wrote: »

Reality TV shows full stop
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    ChaelAZ wrote: »

I sure miss the tv shows of the 70s and 80s. Now it is all reality fake crap. Although I was a huge fan of "Who wants to be a millionaire?" and they say that was the show the kind of started the whole reality genre.