Less Alcohol - August 2018 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this group. While I am in the modification group-I appreciate all the comments and insights

Keep up the great work! AF for just over a month now and plan to stay AF Through August. Beginning next month, I'll likely follow your example of limiting consumption to weekends and restricting to non-binge levels.
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @WinoGelato, well done! In logging on does that mean you carefully log your calories? I have never managed to make that a consistent habit but now that I’m feeling less angst about alcohol maybe I’m ready to try to make that a discipline. Weight isn’t a huge issue for me but I’d certainly be glad to lose some. I realize this is probably a very stupid question to ask on MFP but do you find logging food/calories is important?
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @WinoGelato, thanks for the reply. I know it's off-topic and don't mean to take the discussion on a new direction. Wow. I'm going to have to try that. It sounds really daunting. 1975 days? I'm super impressed. I'll go find other discussions if I need further info, but thanks!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    LC0924 wrote: »
    Just another new-ish person who wanted to say I appreciate all of you and your insights - moderating or abstaining, you’re all great ☺️

Happy you’re here, too!
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Since we are so into streaks over here - I may have never gotten past 8 days AF (but again, not really trying for that) but I am on my 2,000th consecutive day logging on MFP. Just a little humblebrag but wanted to make the point that no matter what your goals are, half the battle is just showing up. And I firmly believe the reason I'm able to still count myself successful at maintaining my weight loss is that I kept showing up, even after my goal was attained.

Whether you are a moderator or an abstainer - just keep showing up. It really does make a difference.
    donimfp wrote: »
    @WinoGelato, well done! In logging on does that mean you carefully log your calories? I have never managed to make that a consistent habit but now that I’m feeling less angst about alcohol maybe I’m ready to try to make that a discipline. Weight isn’t a huge issue for me but I’d certainly be glad to lose some. I realize this is probably a very stupid question to ask on MFP but do you find logging food/calories is important?

Thank you girls, you make us feel very welcome.
    I dont have the urge to drink as I used to when I was here back in Feb and March. The few things I have done to help was keeping within the calorie goal like what's been mentioned and weighing and wanting a result.

Saying that I have had a couple of times where I have let it go and partying hard. Then to spend days regretting it, detoxing til I fill better.
    I've lost 15kg since Feb I'd say from mostly cutting back on drinking. To me when I drink, I then have to eat something with it and then I run out of drink so I bet a top-up. Then I'm a little happy and loose focus on what food I'm eating.
    I now say to people that serve , cooked I have a plain soda or 2 before i start, I'm really thirsty". I find that fills me abit, and then when I have alcohol I can take it slow and enjoy.
    I watch everyone else going down my old path and then consequences that go with it. I feel sorry for them but they don't want to change.

Thanks everyone again, for sharing and joining, I love reading your post too. =)<3
  • ElC_76
    Options
    I did it!! 5 days AF-looking forward to a glass of wine tomorrow. The challenge will be to not overindulge. I won’t lie, there were a couple of days when I wanted to give in, but I managed to stay the course. Thanks for listening!

Hey!, your Awesome B):) I'll be looking forward to seeing how u went. I know it tough *flex* we're stronger as a team. Xo
  • ElC_76
    Options
    klorben wrote: »
    Hi- I’m new here, and so glad to have found this thread. Not looking to go completely AF, but I’m trying to find a way to strongly moderate the amount I drink. As of now, I drink about 2-3 times a week, but will consume several drinks during those few days.

My number one difficulty is that my husband is a heavy drinker on the weekends, and I’m quick to give in to peer pressure. Our early dating days were spent going to bars and socializing, and so we both still love to do that. But that leads to bad choices (food and drink) and a high bar tab!

I would love advice on how to manage my own drinking when surrounded by others who are drinking a lot.

Hello I'm glad u dropped it and reached out. I have had the same situation, I did try and go af but found I couldn't manage it. So now I have a strategy. Drink soda water b4 and in between helps so much. I can feel your situation, .. give this a try if u like and I'll be very interested how u go..
    I wish u ATB!!.. <3
  • ElC_76
    Options
    @SpanishFusion I believe in prayer too. Also try meditation. You cant think clear while your anxious. I find that helps to get back into focus. Remember what u believe, stay strong.
    Wish you the best. I'll be adding you to my prayers. o:)<3