Intermittent fasting

Hey!! Has anyone done intermittent fasting? If yeah how is it going for you guys ?? I just started my first week now :)

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    my experience with IF and what would be considered anecdotal evidence, is that I have always done fasting, 16:8 mostly but sometimes 18:6. for me There was NO difference between "clean" fasting and non clean fasting. I gained weight fasting and I have een lost and maintained my weight fasting. it hasnt made any difference in my health issues otherwise. what has is finding the proper "diet" for my health issues,being active and taking meds that I do need to take. I have tried not taking them and for ME diet and exercise alone is not enough.

even when I didnt fast and there was a time I did and nothing changed. lost weight the same. health issues stayed the same. it was only when I started eating a certain way that for Me,my health markers improved, losing weight helped some but some of the health issues I had happened when I was at a healthy weight(which was up until my mid 30s. I dont fast for any specific reason except for that Im not hungry in the morning and Im not a breakfast eater 99.9% of the time. I have no appetite early in the day. I eat when I get hungry which for me is after noon sometimes as late as 3pm and I usually stop eating at 9pm sometimes earlier. But in my experience which is more than 30 years worth. fasting for me made no difference in anything, I even have RA and it makes no difference for me in inflammation. my levels were high fasting until I started weight training and then my levels went down.

But again this is MY experience and its not going to be the same for everyone else. The only thing fasting does for me is keeps my blood pressure really low and I mean 90s/60s but once I eat its around 116/76 (of course it varies) which is in the normal range. its never high though
  • SuzOh
    SuzOh Posts: 262 Member
    2nd day of intermittent fasting. I'm doing 14/10 (read it was better than 16/8 for women) and so far I'm just really hungry. I've been used to eating breakfast for years so it's rough getting up and waiting hours to eat. I don't think I ate enough yesterday, so I'm going to try to eat a little more and at least get to my calorie goal. I'm going to commit to it for a week.and then decide if it's for me. So far it's not looking good. Lol
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    jaylyn24 wrote: »
    Hey!! Has anyone done intermittent fasting? If yeah how is it going for you guys ?? I just started my first week now :)
    SuzOh wrote: »
    2nd day of intermittent fasting. I'm doing 14/10 (read it was better than 16/8 for women) and so far I'm just really hungry. I've been used to eating breakfast for years so it's rough getting up and waiting hours to eat. I don't think I ate enough yesterday, so I'm going to try to eat a little more and at least get to my calorie goal. I'm going to commit to it for a week.and then decide if it's for me. So far it's not looking good. Lol

I did an 18:6 for four weeks a couple years ago. Eating window from 6 am to noon. After the first week, the hunger pangs subsided. It worked well for weight loss, but that was because we were only getting abour 800 calories per day. I should also mention that it was on a meditation retreat in Thailand. As soon as the retreat was over, I went back to my normal eating patterns. It just didn't suit my lifestyle.

mosspm123 wrote: »
    SuzOh wrote: »

Oh, and I forgot to add, apple cider vinegar and green tea also speed up weight loss :)

I have yet to read any credible evidence of this.