What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• bean6344
    bean6344 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Cabbage and Tuna casserole. Tried cabbage as a noodle substitute and it tasted pretty darned good.
    n3pjyfti4872.jpg
  • travelling_lots
    travelling_lots Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Air fryer chicken wings, Thai pomelo salad, rice.

That’s an interesting salad. What’s in it?
    I love salads and that one looks great!

SE Asian salads are great and don't require oil in the salad dressings. Skip the oil in the recipe below by just buying roasted peanuts and ready made fried shallots from the Asian supermarket in the SE Asia department and logging those instead. I blitz dried shrimp in the food processor to a powder for adding to SE Asian salads.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/pomelo-salad-with-chile-lime-peanuts-and-coconut

Thanks for the salad receipe.
    Had a picnic sat yesterday morning. I made it minus the peanuts. Due to allergies for some one there. But it was delicious
    Thank you!
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    JL2513 wrote: »
    The most amazing carrot cake ice cream sandwich. Worth every damn calorie.
    wqlfw236j3tw.jpg

I'm sure it was yummo...but I'd never know it was a 'carrot cake' sandwich...where are the carrots and nuts, etc.? :p
  • travelling_lots
    Options
    Oh my god. That looks soooooooooo yummy!
    Yes receive please.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    JL2513 wrote: »
    The most amazing carrot cake ice cream sandwich. Worth every damn calorie.
    wqlfw236j3tw.jpg
    40m4omb87xjw.jpg

I imagine that must have been quite the ice cream sandwich for you to say so because you eat some of the most delicious looking things on this thread! I love carrot cake and ice cream sandwiches, so I am definitely drooling over here!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options

SE Asian salads are great and don't require oil in the salad dressings. Skip the oil in the recipe below by just buying roasted peanuts and ready made fried shallots from the Asian supermarket in the SE Asia department and logging those instead. I blitz dried shrimp in the food processor to a powder for adding to SE Asian salads.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/pomelo-salad-with-chile-lime-peanuts-and-coconut

Had a picnic sat yesterday morning. I made it minus the peanuts. Due to allergies for some one there. But it was delicious
    Thank you!

I see that the original recipe only uses coriander. I often add basil and mint too. Any SE Asian green herbs. Perilla leaf and sawtooth coriander if you can source them would be good too. If the peanut allergiic person can eat cashews, that's a common replacement in southern Thailand.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Roast veggies with croutons and gorgonzola with a squeeze of lemon. Air fryer potato wedges. Pan fried sea bream on a dirty plate.
    tdk5jufnr9cw.jpeg
    r2cc3ruxvatu.jpeg
    r3webdi0zbfk.jpeg

• ColoradoChlo
    ColoradoChlo Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    v9iay11dp9el.jpg

Nothing fancy here. Egg whites w/ spinach, turkey bacon, light whole wheat english muffin.
  • travelling_lots
    Options

Thank you!

I see that the original recipe only uses coriander. I often add basil and mint too. Any SE Asian green herbs. Perilla leaf and sawtooth coriander if you can source them would be good too. If the peanut allergiic person can eat cashews, that's a common replacement in southern Thailand.

Thank you, I wasn't aware of the peanut substitute. The mint and basil sounds good too
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    @acpgee You must be an awesome cook. I can't eat fish but everything you make looks great.
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    I'm sure it was yummo...but I'd never know it was a 'carrot cake' sandwich...where are the carrots and nuts, etc.? :p

No nuts, but there were definitely carrot pieces in the ice cream :)
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    The most hilarious English translation, but surprisingly very tasty buns.
    zv78j3x9ab6x.jpg
    f18ko8u4se19.jpg
    sjev1xe6aoqy.jpg
    9tlec6gjblwj.jpg
    7ru4yvq7u6qv.jpg
    qs511mowwopa.jpg
    dnhk5b99q0bu.jpg

• denswrex
    denswrex Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Kalbi and primavera i0ykbh53iuca.jpeg