What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• travelling_lots
    travelling_lots Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Roast veggies with croutons and gorgonzola with a squeeze of lemon. Air fryer potato wedges. Pan fried sea bream on a dirty plate.
    tdk5jufnr9cw.jpeg
    r2cc3ruxvatu.jpeg
    r3webdi0zbfk.jpeg

Always wondered. Do you put the veg directly in the BBQ / grill or inside foil. Yours dish looks great.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    ElC_76 wrote: »
    I swear I don’t have an addiction..... okay maybe a slight one lol.
    Sweetgreen salad with chicken
    moyl7lqn17we.jpeg

Y U M M!!!!.. luv !! What's in it.. looks beautiful

This one was: romaine, mesclun, cucumber, tomato, spicy broccoli, roasted peppers, cilantro, roasted chicken, limes juice, balsamic vinegar, and a side of cesar yogurt dressing
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    ElC_76 wrote: »
    I swear I don’t have an addiction..... okay maybe a slight one lol.
    Sweetgreen salad with chicken
    moyl7lqn17we.jpeg

Y U M M!!!!.. luv !! What's in it.. looks beautiful

This one was: romaine, mesclun, cucumber, tomato, spicy broccoli, roasted peppers, cilantro, roasted chicken, limes juice, balsamic vinegar, and a side of cesar yogurt dressing

Thanku!!,.. I'm going to give it a whirl ;)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,636 Member
    Options
    Roast veggies with croutons and gorgonzola with a squeeze of lemon. Air fryer potato wedges. Pan fried sea bream on a dirty plate.

Always wondered. Do you put the veg directly in the BBQ / grill or inside foil. Yours dish looks great.

Cut the veg to similar size for even cooking. Toss in olive oil. I like to do this in a plastic bag. Salt and pepper to taste. Place directly in oven, BBQ or air fryer. No foil.

• journeyto69
    journeyto69 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My breakfast. SMOOTHIE:60 g cottage cheese, 0.5 banana, 60 g frozen mixed berries, 10 g whey protein, 5 g nuts, water. carpmioct2cg.jpg
  • journeyto69
    journeyto69 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    kk1cj4opdh2g.jpg
    My lunch. PIZZA: 130g of pizza dough, 70g of cheese, 15g of prosciutto, 30g of tomato sauce, 30g of mushrooms, 1 egg, 10g of ricola, 1 tablespoon of olive oil
  • travelling_lots
    Options

Cut the veg to similar size for even cooking. Toss in olive oil. I like to do this in a plastic bag. Salt and pepper to taste. Place directly in oven, BBQ or air fryer. No foil.

Thanks. That will be a new way of cooking for me
  • acpgee
    Options

General cooking times for different veg at the bottom of this site.

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-roast-any-vegetable-101221
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @PaulChasinDreams - During the summer I make a similar blend of fresh veggies using the veggies and fresh basil from my garden. I like to add fresh (or sometimes frozen) corn in with the zucchini and tomatoes. It gives it an nice sweetness an crunch.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    @PaulChasinDreams - During the summer I make a similar blend of fresh veggies using the veggies and fresh basil from my garden. I like to add fresh (or sometimes frozen) corn in with the zucchini and tomatoes. It gives it an nice sweetness an crunch.

Right on thank you for the tip. That sounds like a great addition to the dish :smile:
  • racheladleruk
    racheladleruk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight was Vietnamese beef stew (478 cals per portion) with baguette. Cooked all day in my slow cooker...the house smelt amazing when I got in from work!

2uwnloehtv05.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Dinner was not a success. Spinach sauteed with garlic and boiled new Jersey Royals tossed in butter were fine. Nothing can go wrong with some sliced tomato. Batch cooked freezer meatballs in leftover lower fat cheese sauce split when re-heated in the microwave. Cheese sauce was no fat cottage cheese, semi-skimmed milk, and grated mature cheddar blitzed together in the food processor.
    iy8drmhig8p3.jpeg
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    -Not a meal, but a little Starbucks hack: unsweetened passion tea, then I added my own low cal crystal light mix in.
    -Yes..another salad from sweetgreen
    -Shirataki veggie high protein stir fry
    -Baked crispy zucchini, roasted chicken, lettuce cups, savory Greek yogurt dip
    -Sara lee low cal bread

q5193ri96l2c.jpeg
    8djn24k0g0qk.jpeg
    l3cq0l8xpbgp.jpeg
    zp9b4clgp9ju.jpeg
    2k488jhrznuj.jpeg
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    -Not a meal, but a little Starbucks hack: unsweetened passion tea, then I added my own low cal crystal light mix in.
    -Yes..another salad from sweetgreen
    -Shirataki veggie high protein stir fry
    -Baked crispy zucchini, roasted chicken, lettuce cups, savory Greek yogurt dip
    -Sara lee low cal bread

q5193ri96l2c.jpeg
    8djn24k0g0qk.jpeg
    l3cq0l8xpbgp.jpeg
    zp9b4clgp9ju.jpeg
    2k488jhrznuj.jpeg

Sounds beautiful and.. I am so into salads, yumm. Thanks for sharing. I reckon it's awesome when a guy cooks. Well done to this that do!
  • travelling_lots
    Options

General cooking times for different veg at the bottom of this site.

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-roast-any-vegetable-101221

Thanks. That's an amazing chart. Printed and handy now.