What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• travelling_lots
    travelling_lots Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Clean the fridge salad: somewhat odd combo of heritage tomato, cucumber, dill, capers and gorgonola. Bucatini mixed spiralized courgette, pecorino and Marcella Hazan's pesto.
    kif9pp7xkrc1.jpeg
    fvoeyzzlk9aj.jpeg

Yet, everything looks tasty. And I already ate :-)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,674 Member
    Options
    Business first class meals from my flight from LAX to Paris. Didn’t get the lounge Buffet plates before taking off lol but here was the inflight food I had, not too bad.... the real food fun begins though once I settle into paris😎
    gl4cl6a94819.jpeg

I love the way you can tell you are watching what you eat from this photo. A tiny bite is missing from of each of the little patisserie.

Do please eat a salade aux gesiers on my behalf in Paris if you can handle pan fried duck gizzards on a salad. It's available in almost every cafe, and the thing I miss most from when I used to live in Paris. If you are somewhere upmarket, salade du Perigorde is similar but will also contained thin slices of smoked duck breast.

When you are hungry for the local calorie bomb the Parisian hot dogs are amazing. A baguette sliced open, containing two grilled hot dogs smothered with grated gruyere cheese melted under the grill served with dijon mustard. It's on every brasserie menu. I also miss frissee aux lardons, a salad of curly endive with bacon and vinaigrette made with the warm bacon fat topped with a poached egg. And you can't leave Paris without eating confit de canard. A duck leg slow braised in duck fat.

Oh, have some Vietnamese food while you are in Paris too. Ex French colony so the standard is pretty high for outside of Vietnam.

• travelling_lots
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @pinggolfer96 I would strongly recommend air canada Bus class when you can. You would get choices and great healthy meals to choose from. To this day I have not been sorry about my meals or worried about eating the wrong stuff.
  • AhmedM94
    AhmedM94 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ls88548kgjxr.jpeg
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    v1v5eo0miqbw.jpeg
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    ElC_76 wrote: »
    Interesting idea :)

Interesting as in 'that sounds good' or interesting in "Wha the hey?!?!?!"

Interesting as in, hmm.. I might give it a try .. ;)
  • ElC_76
    Options
    JL2513 wrote: »
    Turmeric cookie + ricotta orange ice cream sandwich. Banana cookie ice cream in a cookie cone. Shortbread cookies + vegan strawberry coconut. Salted caramel liquid nitrogen ice cream and peanut butter cookies.0tz282diafh3.jpg
    uh5etzp1c94b.jpg
    okzezlm2jv2c.jpg
    9vaw3ypw6v4v.jpg

Now this is my weakness .. not good for diets.. :s

I’ve been off sugar for a year. Looking at all that makes my tummy turn. In yucky way 🤪😝😖

Yep, I can imagine. If you've been off it everything seems far too sweet.
    I'm a bit like that. The look of it gets me in but I can only take it in small portions, I wouldn't be able to finish it. :)
  • ElC_76
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Simple omellette for breakfast.
    te0qkhnqe6ai.jpg

Bison burgers for dinner.
    14b3vrrsqp52.jpg

Very appealing.. :):):)
  • ElC_76
    Options
    Business first class meals from my flight from LAX to Paris. Didn’t get the lounge Buffet plates before taking off lol but here was the inflight food I had, not too bad.... the real food fun begins though once I settle into paris😎
    gl4cl6a94819.jpeg
    pji8i5m68q2w.jpeg
    chde38gn2kaf.jpeg
    3tgsxtuikfcq.jpeg
    2ay009nsnhmf.jpeg
    8winnxxllyxy.jpeg
    Quiche Lorraine (ham and cheese), French bread, and a small side balsamic salad at a random restaurant we stopped in at for a quick bite (and to use the bathroom lol) twbl94ywwd2t.jpeg

Nice.. well presented.. looks good food. =D
  • ElC_76
    Options
    Light quick lunch for nowkw8t0qmlfxmf.jpg

:) nice!!
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    dt01gliv5d4x.jpg
    e8wdnw2kv37o.jpg
    a78ayb3s41e0.jpg
    fmd9if7xs32g.jpg
    v3ct8m2rk8pr.jpg
    95aenky05qiq.jpg
    iubh0b6i8s0q.jpg
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    @pinggolfer96 I would strongly recommend air canada Bus class when you can. You would get choices and great healthy meals to choose from. To this day I have not been sorry about my meals or worried about eating the wrong stuff.

I’m not worried lol I’m enjoying myself
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Not that typical for what I usually eat but I thought I have a go at a raw(ish) salad to go with some shrimps.

I hadn't put it on yet but I made a Miso, Ginger, Soy and Seasame dressing to go with it.
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Hmmm well that was somewhat of a fail. I noticed the app now allowed you to upload pictures but it's come out as an attachment not embedded...
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,674 Member
    Options
    Hmmm well that was somewhat of a fail. I noticed the app now allowed you to upload pictures but it's come out as an attachment not embedded...

It comes out as an attachment on the app sometimes for me, especially when I am not using wifi. On a laptop it comes out embedded.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash and zucchini have been a few of my favorites lately.

3c8cmj2a9cnk.jpeg
    7jx568qgk6su.jpeg
    l6f47e204imb.jpeg
  • travelling_lots
    Options
    gl4cl6a94819.jpeg
    pji8i5m68q2w.jpeg
    chde38gn2kaf.jpeg
    3tgsxtuikfcq.jpeg
    2ay009nsnhmf.jpeg
    8winnxxllyxy.jpeg
    Quiche Lorraine (ham and cheese), French bread, and a small side balsamic salad at a random restaurant we stopped in at for a quick bite (and to use the bathroom lol) twbl94ywwd2t.jpeg

gl4cl6a94819.jpeg
    pji8i5m68q2w.jpeg
    chde38gn2kaf.jpeg
    3tgsxtuikfcq.jpeg
    2ay009nsnhmf.jpeg
    8winnxxllyxy.jpeg

Not that typical for what I usually eat but I thought I have a go at a raw(ish) salad to go with some shrimps.

I hadn't put it on yet but I made a Miso, Ginger, Soy and Seasame dressing to go with it.

Looks delicious better than the bus class meal.
  • travelling_lots
    Options
    Spaghetti squash and zucchini have been a few of my favorites lately.

3c8cmj2a9cnk.jpeg
    7jx568qgk6su.jpeg
    l6f47e204imb.jpeg

Look healthy and tasty
  • travelling_lots
    Options
    JL2513 wrote: »
    Turmeric cookie + ricotta orange ice cream sandwich. Banana cookie ice cream in a cookie cone. Shortbread cookies + vegan strawberry coconut. Salted caramel liquid nitrogen ice cream and peanut butter cookies.0tz282diafh3.jpg
    uh5etzp1c94b.jpg
    okzezlm2jv2c.jpg
    9vaw3ypw6v4v.jpg

Now this is my weakness .. not good for diets.. :s

I’ve been off sugar for a year. Looking at all that makes my tummy turn. In yucky way 🤪😝😖

Yep, I can imagine. If you've been off it everything seems far too sweet.
    I'm a bit like that. The look of it gets me in but I can only take it in small portions, I wouldn't be able to finish it. :)

—-
    I think it’s amazing how our bodies work. Took me 3 weeks to be off sugar completely and when I get an odd craving fruit is more than sufficient to satisfy my sweet tooth.
    But I’m a visual person, things need a good presentation to look good and try to eat. For sweets or savoury.