Bad advice?

Options

Replies

• mpst90
    mpst90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you drink x amount of water , 'water cells' will replace fat cells.....
  • Ninkasi
    Ninkasi Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    mpst90 wrote: »
    If you drink x amount of water , 'water cells' will replace fat cells.....

Maybe my coworker was right, the CO2 in my fizzy water is trapped in the "water cells" too and that's what made me fat. I'll have to thank her for showing me the light, lol.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    if you shake your salad in a closed tupperware (as in to try and coat every last delicious bit with salad dressing), the veggies will lose all of their nutrients and cause you to gain weight.

I thought that it shakes the calories out of it! That's why I ask for my martinis shaken, not stirred.

No no no no. For salads, it shakes the nutrients right out of them! The calories stay and are multiplied 100fold!

(yes. We all looked at her as if she'd grown a second head. She was serious!)
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    if you shake your salad in a closed tupperware (as in to try and coat every last delicious bit with salad dressing), the veggies will lose all of their nutrients and cause you to gain weight.

I thought that it shakes the calories out of it! That's why I ask for my martinis shaken, not stirred.

No, no, it BONDs the calories even more tightly to the drink so you absorb them all...

BOOOOO!
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    My brother in law swears up and down that golfing is cardio. I tried to explain what cardio is to him, but he refuses to believe it. He also thinks you cant have more than a few carbs a day.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    they have all been bleached"....
    Speaking of bleaching...I was watching a video about the U.K. vs the U.S. the guy in the video said the United States doesn't have brown eggs because they bleach their eggs to kill the salmonella which turns the eggs white.

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I once listened to a convo where one of thepeople said "you will only loose weight if you dont eat anything white, you NEED to cut out all bread, white rice, pasta and even things like cauliflower as they have all been bleached and this will make you hold on to fat"

I also sat listening to to 2 ladies talking about slimming world and the one said "on the day of your first meeting eat LOADS, all high carb, high sugar, high fat so when you are weighed you will actually weigh alot more than you actually are because they fat and sugars stays in you body for 3 days, so by the time you have your next weigh in ....it will all be out of your system and will have a big loss for your first week.

There have many convos Iv heard (on the bus, at the gym, between friends and family, in the school play groud etc) and Im just like "ok then mate" but have not said a word because my common sense and knowledge of CICO would be laughed out the place.
    I mean come on, I eat white food whos gonna listen to me lol

The all been bleached bit is hilarious. It is scary that some actually believe this kind of garbage though.

As far as cheating scales go, someone should tell her that she really should just eat a high sodium meal the day before weigh-in, while increasing exercise in the lead up so there is some muscle repair needed. Then you add water without any extra fat. Nah, let her suffer the consequences.....