Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• erickirberickirb Posts: 12,352Member Member Posts: 12,352Member Member
    BBQ'd smoked pork chops, fresh beets, and grilled zucchini! Mmmm
    edited August 2018
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,294Member Member Posts: 7,294Member Member
    Crispy skin salmon fillet with grilled broccoli and cucumber salad.
  • dolcezza25dolcezza25 Posts: 136Member Member Posts: 136Member Member
    shakshouka
  • 777Gemma888777Gemma888 Posts: 8,960Member Member Posts: 8,960Member Member
    esui77ylex64.jpg

I'd posted in the wrong thread. Chicken Alfredo with hot peppers. Salad.

edited August 2018
    Yesterday's dinner was ground turkey lasagna with oven roasted veggies and garlic knots (Costco).

2eyx2k5.jpg
    vhzu2q.jpg

*Didn't cook tonight (last night).
    edited August 2018
  • suibhan6suibhan6 Posts: 81Member Member Posts: 81Member Member
    I cooked breakfast. Two soft boiled eggs with 9 stalks of boiled asparagus (done along with the eggs). The eggs got a minor sprinkling of sea salt, and the asparagus got a bit of butter and oregano.

I didn't cook lunch, because I went to a country fair with their horrid food choices, and I had a planned eat of some of those. The steamed gyozo were actually pretty healthy. It always amazes me at these country fairs with all their agricultural exhibits and awards for perfect tomatoes, that the fairground food itself is so beyond unhealthy... one truck was selling fried Oreos, fried Reeses cups, fried Butterfingers, and so forth...

Dinner will be pan fried scallops with reasonably healthy oil, and either more asparagus, or some cabbage. Gotta mix things up!
    edited August 2018
  • BuzzopiaBuzzopia Posts: 29Member Member Posts: 29Member Member
    spaghetti and garlic bread
  • FireVixen_FaythFireVixen_Fayth Posts: 153Member, Premium Member Posts: 153Member, Premium Member
    Does mixing a powder into unsweetened cashew milk count? XD
    Does mixing a powder into unsweetened cashew milk count? XD

If you put that together and it's a meal, it counts in my book. Did you make your own cashew milk? I love the taste of cashew milk over almond.
  • elsie6hickmanelsie6hickman Posts: 3,863Member Member Posts: 3,863Member Member
    I'm making a lasagna but in lieu of noodles I'm using thin strips of zucchini.
  • acpgeeacpgee Posts: 4,138Member Member Posts: 4,138Member Member
    I'm the weekend cook and we went to a dinner party last night so I haven't cooked for a week. Will be doing Sunday roast in the air fryer tonight. Leg of lamb, roast potatoes, roast broccoli with lower cal cheese sauce made by blitzing cottage cheese, grated cheddar and a little chicken stock in the food processor.
  • suibhan6suibhan6 Posts: 81Member Member Posts: 81Member Member
    Breakfast. Leftover Vietnamese summer rolls I brought to yesterday's pot luck.
  • kristingjertsenkristingjertsen Posts: 166Member Member Posts: 166Member Member
    Breakfast--Bob's Redmill 10 grain hot cereal cooked with 1 tsp earth balance and 1/4 cup soy milk, 2 eggs over easy, grilled onions and peppers, coffee with splenda, 3/4 cup soy milk, and a dusting of 100% cocoa powder. We just bought a Panini press and I am experimenting with cooking veggies, meat, fish on the mini grill (as well as traditional sandwiches for the men in my family).
  • kristingjertsenkristingjertsen Posts: 166Member Member Posts: 166Member Member
    Elsie, I just read your post. I am going to tell my husband about the Cuisinart Indoor grill. Our panini press, pots and pans, and a lot of our kitchen equipment is Cuisinart. I love it, especially after 20 years of using hand me down pans that I bought at thrift stores.
  • sunnyside1213sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,223Member Member Posts: 1,223Member Member
    crust-less quiche.
  • dolcezza25dolcezza25 Posts: 136Member Member Posts: 136Member Member
    panzanella (bread salad) with: tomatoes, cucumbers, capers, celery, garlic, basil and parsley
  • marilunymariluny Posts: 428Member Member Posts: 428Member Member
    I made a surprisingly tasty salad.

about 2 cups of butter lettuce
    6 shrimps cooked with chili powder
    a hard boiled egg
    half an avocado
    a bunch of cherry tomatoes
    Red onion
    Feta cheese

A vinaigrette made of olive oil, lemon juice and dijon.

It was seriously so good. Especially with this insane hot weather lol
  • acpgeeacpgee Posts: 4,138Member Member Posts: 4,138Member Member
    On bank holiday Monday in the UK I did a not so authentic tapas/mezzes spread. Hubby assembled the prosciutto with melon. I did roast cherry tomatoes in the air fryer according to the River Cafe Simple cookbook, grilled courgette and aubergine, whipped feta with sumac, Portuguese carrots dressed with toum instead of the classic garlicky vinaigrette. We had some brown bread, kind of homemade in the bread machine with that. Oh yeah, the soused herring hidden under a ton of parsley because my filletting skills leave a lot to be desired.
    jvwfmju0iame.jpeg
    e4u6lkj73e06.jpeg

• teagirlmediumteagirlmedium Posts: 677Member Member Posts: 677Member Member
    A baked potato with pico de gallo and guacamole.