Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Replies

• eljorge71
    eljorge71 Posts: 1 Member
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Been baking all week. I'm hosting a women's gathering tomorrow. No idea how many people are showing up, so of course I go overboard, lol! Fruit sushi, vanilla cookies, meringues, mini blueberry scones, vegan chocolate cheezcake macadamia nut truffles, and smoosh fudge. (Along with bagels and pita, fruit and veggie platters, and some nibbles...)

It all sounds good, but I think I need to know more about fruit sushi and "smoosh fudge"...! :)

Haha me too!! Whats fruit sushi?? any pics??
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,285 Member
    It's sushi using fresh fruit instead of fish/veggies, and the rice is a dense pudding. Here's a link again: https://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/fresh-fruit-sushi/ Mine wasn't nearly this pretty, but it should give you an idea...
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    It's sushi using fresh fruit instead of fish/veggies, and the rice is a dense pudding. Here's a link again: https://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/fresh-fruit-sushi/ Mine wasn't nearly this pretty, but it should give you an idea...

That's so cute!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »

That's so cute!

It really is! It makes me want to try to make it.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited August 2018
    @estherdragonbat But what about "smoosh fudge??"

ETA: The fruit sushis look adorable!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,285 Member
    Melt chocolate chips in a sauce pan. Stir in sweetened coconut, craisins, walnuts, and a couple of tablespoons brandy, rum, or cranberry juice. "Smoosh" into an 8x8 pan lined with waxed paper. Chill. Once it's cold, cut into 16 pieces. Easy-peasy!
  • gstaubs1
    gstaubs1 Posts: 200 Member
    I went to BJ's Brewhouse and had a burger and a beer last week and still managed to lose weight. Just need to keep up at the gym and work hard. Let the haters hate lol...
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Sign me up for that
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Melt chocolate chips in a sauce pan. Stir in sweetened coconut, craisins, walnuts, and a couple of tablespoons brandy, rum, or cranberry juice. "Smoosh" into an 8x8 pan lined with waxed paper. Chill. Once it's cold, cut into 16 pieces. Easy-peasy!

Kind of sounds like home made Cadbury fruit and nut bars. Yum!
  • nataliecg926
    nataliecg926 Posts: 82 Member
    I've lost 70 lbs since the end of November 2017 eating nowhere near clean. I once had a McDondald's ten piece chicken nugget meal and large fries for supper 3 times a week for 2 months and still lost on average 1.5-2 lbs each week :D (not sure I recommend doing that but it was a Mcdonald's kind of month..or two)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    I've lost 70 lbs since the end of November 2017 eating nowhere near clean. I once had a McDondald's ten piece chicken nugget meal and large fries for supper 3 times a week for 2 months and still lost on average 1.5-2 lbs each week :D (not sure I recommend doing that but it was a Mcdonald's kind of month..or two)

Did you eat anything else throughout the day or did you just exercise to burn the calories off? I'm not judging, just curious how I could get away with that. LOL
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member

Did you eat anything else throughout the day or did you just exercise to burn the calories off? I'm not judging, just curious how I could get away with that. LOL

Eh, it's 970 calories for a 10 piece nugget and large fries. If you skip breakfast and have a lightish lunch (or have light breakfast and light lunch), that's very doable, so long as you're not on the bare minimum of 1200 calories/day. I do that any time I know dinner is going to be a calorie bomb.

• Lipstick_n_lunges
    Lipstick_n_lunges Posts: 1,201 Member
    If you have people judging then kick em out, all food is welcome lol no food left behind
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    Ruatine wrote: »

Eh, it's 970 calories for a 10 piece nugget and large fries. If you skip breakfast and have a lightish lunch (or have light breakfast and light lunch), that's very doable, so long as you're not on the bare minimum of 1200 calories/day. I do that any time I know dinner is going to be a calorie bomb.

Being short, and a sedentary job I am unfortunately at the 1200 calorie mark. I skip breakfast altogether most days to save calories for later. Then I work out to try to get some calories back, even then it's no where near a 2lb a week loss like it claims to be.
  • Ruatine
    Yeah, when you're smaller, sedentary and/or already at a lower weight, the losses just don't come as quickly and the calorie level isn't there to be able to indulge as much. I've read that a lot of people in that situation will bank their calories earned from exercise when they want to be able to indulge.
  • pinuplove
    Yeah, when you're smaller, sedentary and/or already at a lower weight, the losses just don't come as quickly and the calorie level isn't there to be able to indulge as much. I've read that a lot of people in that situation will bank their calories earned from exercise when they want to be able to indulge.

Not to mention you run into that 1200 calorie 'floor' when choosing 2 pounds a week. 2 pounds a week might actually only allow you 950, but MFP (rightfully) won't give a person that as their target, so the user is left thinking they can eat 1200 and lose 2 pounds because that's what MFP said. I wish they'd add something along the lines of 'appropriate goal' suggestions and make that more clear in the setup.
  • Ruatine

Not to mention you run into that 1200 calorie 'floor' when choosing 2 pounds a week. 2 pounds a week might actually only allow you 950, but MFP (rightfully) won't give a person that as their target, so the user is left thinking they can eat 1200 and lose 2 pounds because that's what MFP said. I wish they'd add something along the lines of 'appropriate goal' suggestions and make that more clear in the setup.

Yep, absolutely. I like the table that gets tossed around quite a bit:

Pound per week goals for number of pounds until normal weight range is reached:
    75+ lbs set to lose 2 lbs
    Between 40-75 lbs set to lose 1.5 lbs
    Between 25-40 lbs set to lose 1 lbs
    Between 15-25 lbs set to lose .5-1 lbs
    Less than 15 lbs set to lose .5 lbs
  • MagnumOpus1
    MagnumOpus1 Posts: 161 Member
    If you have people judging then kick em out, all food is welcome lol no food left behind

Lol Tell em'!
  • pinuplove

Yep, absolutely. I like the table that gets tossed around quite a bit:

Pound per week goals for number of pounds until normal weight range is reached:
    75+ lbs set to lose 2 lbs
    Between 40-75 lbs set to lose 1.5 lbs
    Between 25-40 lbs set to lose 1 lbs
    Between 15-25 lbs set to lose .5-1 lbs
    Less than 15 lbs set to lose .5 lbs

Yes, thanks for posting that! I see it here all the time, but not everyone makes it into the forums. Would be nice to see something similar in the guided setup.
  • nataliecg926
    nataliecg926 Posts: 82 Member

I never eat breakfast. I'm not hungry in the mornings and am an afternoon/night eater. So I would have my first meal of the day at least after 1 or 2 PM, sometimes as late as 4 (still do). If I get to eat a good amount in the evening I am satisfied haha.

I started at over 1700 calories a day and this was probably when I was at 1600 a day (I'm at 1530 now). So I would have a small lunch around 300 - 400 calories, I would have the McD's (around 1,000 calories) around 7-8 pm (I like eating late suppers), and still have enough for a small snack if I wanted. It worked for me but a lot of people prefer breakfast and a larger lunch so it might not fit in their day. I don't exercise besides walking my dog and I don't eat back those calories, as little as they are. CICO is all I go by and it has never failed me :smile: