August 26 - 10 km club run/5 km water girl
    August 27 - 14 km run
    August 28 - 20 km run
    August 29 - 10 km Interval Running
    August 30 - rest day
    August 31 - 23 km run

Total distance 367 km - goal 350 km.

Yay made goal this morning.

Wow. I bow down. I'm looking forward to running longer than 10 k but can't get my head around 20k being normal. You are an inspiration.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Morning everyone, Friday here so last day of the month. Congratulations to everyone who has achieved or close to achieving their goal. My goal was 130km but that got dropped early cause of this tendon strain in my ankle. I've managed 85km this month which I'm still really happy with.

Im kinda disappointed this morning in a weird way haha. I was getting ready to go out at 540am and I heard the skies open up. It started absolutely started pouring! So I got all syched up to actually run in the rain. I had @PastorVincent in my head telling me to get over myself. I did grab a cap as suggested (sorry can't remember who suggested it). Just as I opened the door miss 2 woke up so I put her back to bed. It only took a few minutes but the rain eased a bit. I headed out all ready to run in the rain, but it stopped! And never rained the whole run haha. So I prefer that but I was all ready to report I ran in the rain lol.

I feel like im back to form (mostly). I ran a good 5k, and got my 3rd best 5k time! So I no longer dislike my shoes, I think its just a mental state thing. The tendon is holding out as long as I don't push too fast, I could feel it a bit when I pushed the pace on my final km this morning so I eased up. Listening to the body and all that lol.

HA! Well good on you for being ready to do it regardless! :D
  • travelling_lots
    travelling_lots Posts: 377 Member

@PastorVincent About your run...eeeks, nasty!
    But seems like a great group of people, they all looked liked they were having fun once it was over. Hope you did too.
    Congrats on doing it.

Not sure what you are referring too... Perhaps you meant someone else? :D

Did you not do the hilly race?
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited August 2018
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    8/1 rest
    8/2 9miles
    8/3 4.22miles
    8/4 13.1miles
    8/5 rest
    8/6 8.5miles
    8/7 4miles (treadmill)
    8/8 4miles
    8/9 9.4miles
    8/10 4miles
    8/11 13.1miles
    8/12 rest
    8/13 7.8miles
    8/14 5miles
    8/15 5miles
    8/16 rest
    8/17 7miles
    8/18 17miles!!!!
    8/19 rest
    8/20 9.26miles
    8/21 4miles
    8/22 9miles
    8/23 4miles
    8/24 4miles
    8/25 12.09miles
    8/26 rest
    8/27 9.2miles
    8/28 5miles
    8/29 rest
    8/30 9miles

9 miles this morning. I realized afterwards that I mistakenly add up the mileage I was supposed to do and missed a mile... duh. I guess I’ll add the extra mile to tomorrow’s run.

It was definitely hot this morning but the shady areas were better. Definitely needed more water.

Re socks, I like the no show socks. It helps with the tan lines. Thankfully I don’t have issues with them slipping down.

Re pedestrians and traffic... I hate most drivers- lol. I will say running has made me a more courteous driver especially towards other runners/bikers/walkers. I definitely try to make eye contact with drivers, but I’ve also just run across intersections when it’s my right ie I have the walk sign. It drives my husband crazy. I don’t run in the dark so that helps and I stay on sidewalks. I always wait my turn at intersections. Drivers turning right on red are the ones you have to watch for! Most of the time they never look to the right, just left to see if it’s clear to turn. Also, drivers turning left in an intersection.

3/18/2018 Shamrock half marathon
    3/24/2018 Don't Sit on Colon Cancer 5K
    5/28/2018 Run to Remember 5K
    10/7/2018 Crawlin Crab half marathon
    10/13/2018 Joggin for Frogmen 5K
    11/18/2018 Norfolk Harbor half marathon
    12/2/2018 Busch Gardens Christmas Town Dash 8K

People turning right on red without looking are The Worst (bikers call that the "right hook"). There's an intersection near me where the right turn is largely blind until you get right up to the corner, so people will often honk at people waiting to let pedestrians cross, or worse, go around them to the left. Maybe the thing that makes me the angriest is people turning right in front of busses that have stopped to let people out - a friend from college had two friends from high school who were killed by someone doing that.
  • PastorVincent

@PastorVincent About your run...eeeks, nasty!
    But seems like a great group of people, they all looked liked they were having fun once it was over. Hope you did too.
    Congrats on doing it.

Not sure what you are referring too... Perhaps you meant someone else? :D

Did you not do the hilly race?

Nope, it is next month. I MIGHT do it though. :)
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Is the September 2018 Running Challenge generated yet?
  • PastorVincent
    Teerai wrote: »

Nope, it is still August... :D
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    DANG. This 5k has a 37% grade!

Hell On Hills - Claims to be "the world's steepest 5k"
    http://www.hellonhills.com

What do you think @LaDispute57 ? I have a coupon if you want to try it! :D:D:D

That is very tempting! I am always about inflicting unnecessary pain on myself... Unfortunately, that is a week after my 50k and also I will be Dayton, OH for my son's year end soccer tournament.
  • PastorVincent
    DANG. This 5k has a 37% grade!

Hell On Hills - Claims to be "the world's steepest 5k"
    http://www.hellonhills.com

What do you think @LaDispute57 ? I have a coupon if you want to try it! :D:D:D

That is very tempting! I am always about inflicting unnecessary pain on myself... Unfortunately, that is a week after my 50k and also I will be Dayton, OH for my son's year end soccer tournament.

Starting to look like if I do it, it will be alone. Which is true pretty much all of the races anyways. Ah well.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member

Patience grasshopper.
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2018

Well it’s the first time it’s not up at least a day early Lol
  • PastorVincent
    HEY Y'ALL! Was wondering around REI today and looking at headlamps. What do y'all use/suggest? I run both trail and road...
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    HEY Y'ALL! Was wondering around REI today and looking at headlamps. What do y'all use/suggest? I run both trail and road...

My husband uses a cheap one he got at Home Depot - I haven't tried a dedicated running one to compare the two. I would have expected the Home Depot one to bounce but it doesn't.