Options

Replies

• SandSeaSkySoul
    SandSeaSkySoul Posts: 212 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    2Racks wrote: »
    Does height really matter, just curious I’m 5’8, but I feel I might be missing out on some potential matches.

It matters to some women (I presume you mean in this context) but not to others.

If we are talking in general I would say women prefer to date men who are taller than them. It's not particularly rational but then attraction is about dem feelz rather than logic.

It's irrational today because we don't have to rely upon men, to be tall & strong, like prior to other equipment being available! However men to this day still prefer women, with wide hips because it was a belief that you had to've that figure, to carry a child healthily to full term & also not die, during childbirth but current medical intervention, makes much of this nonsensical!

Although as Albert Einstein theorized, that he didn't know what World War 3'd be fought with, his belief was that World War 4'll be fought with sticks & stones because the technology that we'll have to use, to fight it with'll obliterate everything! So we'll plausibly revert, to those primitive times again!
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    lililomo wrote: »
    if a man had all the qualities you liked, but he was shorter than you - you'd turn him down?
    i dated men shorter than me, but i'll admit my husband is 6'3" :D

Yes I would turn him down. I am 5 feet. I dont want to date a midget. My kids have to have a chance in life. I only date men 6 feet and taller.

I am 5'10".....there are a million reasons a woman wont date me.....height has rarely if ever been the issue.

Surely, that can't be true! ;)

Well....maybe not literally........;)
  • SandSeaSkySoul
    Options
    I am 5' 3", I've found that men above 6' 2" believe that I'm too tall & men under 5' 10" believe that I am too short! The shortest man that I've taken an interest within was 5' 7" & the tallest 6' 2"!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I dreamed about drowning in an ocean made out of orange soda last night.

It took me a while to work out it was just a Fanta sea...

If they dont shake their head in disbelief but also chuckle at the same time

I lol'd.
  • george5911
    george5911 Posts: 3,910 Member
    Options
    I dreamed about drowning in an ocean made out of orange soda last night.

It took me a while to work out it was just a Fanta sea...

If they dont shake thier head in disbelief but also chuckle at the same time

I did both
  • 2Racks
    2Racks Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    2Racks wrote: »
    Does height really matter, just curious I’m 5’8, but I feel I might be missing out on some potential matches.

Nope! Apparently we are perfect couple height. Who else would you ever need? :tongue:

😊

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    lililomo wrote: »
    if a man had all the qualities you liked, but he was shorter than you - you'd turn him down?
    i dated men shorter than me, but i'll admit my husband is 6'3" :D

Yes I would turn him down. I am 5 feet. I dont want to date a midget. My kids have to have a chance in life. I only date men 6 feet and taller.

Chance in life for what? I am well under 6ft. have a great career, two healthy kids, am a good athlete and still participate in sport at almost 40 years of age, and upstage many of the taller and younger folks.

Preference is one thing, you like taller, but yours isn't a preference it is a must. I prefer fit women but will date women of many sizes/body shape even if not my preferred body type.

ersxbxrahnnl.gif
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I only rut with gigantesses.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    St4rFire wrote: »
    I used to (think) I was pretty particular -- no redheads, nobody shorter than me, nobody fatter than me, nobody balder th... no, wait. Nobody with kids, nobody who smokes, nobody without a job, nobody who wasn't active/ate healthy, no addicts (of any nature.)

Reality: I dated a short redhead, I keep dating bald guys, I dated a dude who was pretty chunky and obsessively gambled his way into prison, I dated a guy who didn't have a job/smoked/refused to eat anything that wasn't heavily processed/never wanted to do anything at all except play video games P.S. also had a kid... I guess I'll give anyone that breathes in my direction and makes me laugh a chance. 🤷

OT: As far as pursuing? I really thought this guy was pretty awesome, we had some deep conversations that just felt natural and I was comfortable around him, until I found out he was with someone, and told me his "go arounds" for avoiding getting caught. 🤦 You do that to her, you'll do that to me... boy, byeeee 🙃
    Yeah we all have a preference but reality can work out very differently ey??
  • SandSeaSkySoul
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I prefer taller men at first glance, there are a few things that attract me initially but can easily go right out the window once I get to know them better. Attraction is more then just the physical. Im 5'9"... all of the men I have been in long term relationships with have been about my height, and they loved the fact that I was taller... especially when I wore heels. Someone once told me... height doesn't matter, we are all the same height when we're laying down ;)

It’s all good laying down, it’s when your over the dresser it poses some challenges ;)

I am not too picky about height. Just that they must be a little taller than me at least. At 4’11, I think most can understand why. I admit I typically find taller men attractive 5’8+ but I wouldn’t not give a man a chance shorter than that.

My mother is 5’8 and my Dad 6’4. I have no clue how I turned out so small.

It's plausible that your other ancestor's genetics, were more dominant than your parents! For example: I know of a little girl, that looks exactly like her grandmother but not, her own parents!