Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday Sept 6
    2L of Water - :( 1.5
    Calories in Green by 150 - :( 67
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :/
    5 Fruits/Veggies - :/
    Walk - possibly, will be selling today so will have lots of steps in - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Move every hour at work, reinstate 10 Somethings? - :/
    Yoga or Pilates - NO EXCUSES - :(

Fruits and Veggies
    Sept 1st - 0/5
    Sept 2nd - 3/5
    Sept 3rd - 4/5
    Sept 4 - 5/5
    Sept 5 - 5/5
    Sept 6 - 4/5

JFT - Friday Sept 7
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 Fruits/Veggies
    Walk
    Write in Journal
    Move every hour at work, reinstate 10 Somethings - Won't be in office much today
    Yoga or Pilates - NO EXCUSES

Will update later and respond to people, running late!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap R 9/6
    1) Finally! Dew point was 51 & comfortable, temps nice & cool to walk dog before work / 3.68 mi 1:01:59 = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley: can't use sunglasses smiley, since sunrise is at least 20 minutes after we leave the house (hate getting up in dark, and it's only going to get worse!) ~ reflective gear needs to come out pretty soon
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 15,237 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 40 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories green / > 12c water = Snack after supper of string cheese & net calories -88 :( , sodium 1,252 (ack) >:) , sugar -24, fiber excellent, protein ok & 12c water :neutral:
    4) Find most recent weekly weigh-in post & update :smiley: / same for most recent monthly goals :smiley:
    5) At work: complete at least 3 samples = Good progress, only 2 more samples left to test then final stage :smile:
    6) Evening: make veg soup for supper now that weather is more seasonable :smiley: yum! / bake banana zucchini bread :( too tired / boil eggs :smiley: / drain rain barrel :smile: so much rain, need more containers / look up race packet pick-up info for Fri. :smiley: pick-up hours 4-6:00 East HS cafeteria / more to-do's? made hummingbird syrup & refilled feeder, kitchen compost bucket out to bin :smiley:
    7) Unplug 9:30 :smiley: / floss :s / retainers :s / bed & TV off 10:30 :smiley:(walk dog before work F)

JFT TGIF 9/7 ~ Turned off early alarm & did not walk dog before work (dog jumped on bed to snuggle between me & hubby). <3 Decided to listen to my exhausted body & sleep another hour. Lack of sleep is not my friend (low energy & make unwise food decisions). :#
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Forgot that it's monthly bday celebration at work building... logged unexpected food as snack & will prelog rest of meals for today. Since I'm taking 2nd rest day this week, keep net calories w/i 100 green. Drink > 12c water.
    3) Evening: pick up race packet for tomorrow / prep bib & clothes for Sat. a.m. / bake banana zucchini bread / other to-do's?
    4) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / bed & TV off 10:15 (leave for 5K by 7:10 a.m.)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @sarah74_vt Good to see you! Welcome back!

@Bex953172 Wow!!! You are my hero! You sure did rock it today, getting across town in 15 minutes and using a pretty up stairs!!!! You go, mama!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    @PackerFanInGB @mytime6630 Yup, that 3" in height means I should weigh 20 more pounds less but I think I'm going to aim at the 150, see how I feel, sit there for a while, and then decide what I'd like to do. My BP has been acting up. Apparently seeing stars can be one of them indications to get it checked more often. I was at the pharmacy during one starshow so I took a measurement. The pharmacist turned white as a ghost when it came up 80/35. Hubby wouldn't stick around to remeasure it again.

Wow -- that is low for your blood pressure!! I also tend to have very low blood pressure ... the lowest I've gotten was 76/40. I can usually tell though ... I tend to get very light headed and have to sit down. We have a BP monitor at home. My doctor said he could give me meds to increase my BP, but I really don't want to do that. He tells me I would also have more energy. But I just hate taking any meds if I dont have to. Hope you feel better soon. And yes, that would be awful to lose 3"! So far I am still 5'11" ... so I'm still pretty tall!
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You all have been so busy. Can see it, just can not read it. Surgery went well and I can see much clearer at distance. Bad news-my mirror is at the distance I can see and wow, am I old and saggy. I need to drink much more today. Else no exercise until next week and wear goggles. Scale at hospital said 188-that's 2 less than previous but 50 to go. SATURDAY=think we are going somewhere to help with a Navy Seal Run. Calories watching, water drinking, and try to walk about a bit (I don't run). Yard badly needs mowing but want to give eyes a few days. I love Autumn but not hot mess.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    You all have been so busy. Can see it, just can not read it. Surgery went well and I can see much clearer at distance. Bad news-my mirror is at the distance I can see and wow, am I old and saggy. I need to drink much more today. Else no exercise until next week and wear goggles. Scale at hospital said 188-that's 2 less than previous but 50 to go. SATURDAY=think we are going somewhere to help with a Navy Seal Run. Calories watching, water drinking, and try to walk about a bit (I don't run). Yard badly needs mowing but want to give eyes a few days. I love Autumn but not hot mess.

I'm so happy to hear your surgery went well. Have a nice time at the Navy Seal Run. That sounds like fun!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Ah man after today I can't get anything done. Not tidying, not even having a bath. I'm absolutely shattered.

Not sure what my goals are gonna be tomorrow. I really want to relax.. Or SLEEP. But I'm sure the kids will be up bright and early. I might just set the girls up with dvds for the day so I can go read or something.

Night all, signing off for the night! Too tired to even be on here lol!

And on a completely unrelated note..
    I just cracked this open..
    gdgngf1zr8b6.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    MLS1582 wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968 Yes, pickles totally count as a vegetable!

Reasons I will NOT make brownies tonight:
    1. The oven makes the house hot and we don't have A/C
    2. My spanks are already tight enough that when I pull them off I have to fight the urge to paint my face blue and white and run through the house waving them over my head while screaming "FREEEEDOOOMM!"
    3. I'm on track for today - no need to bugger that up!
    4. I'll feel really good in the morning when I wake up knowing that I didn't bugger things up today.
    5. They're kind of a pain to make.
    6. It won't just screw me up for today, because I'll keep eating them until the whole batch is gone which will likely destroy today AND tomorrow (I'd like to say that it'd mess up 4-5 days, but realistically I'd eat the whole batch between tonight and tomorrow).
    7. There are a million better things I could eat - like a bowl of cereal - easier to make; fewer calories; no hot house; only mess up today!

LMBO... You're funny...😀😂 "the spanks part"
    Totally proud of you! I needed that laugh.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. AM long run: 20 laps, aim for <1 hr. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Find a blog post written in September and comment. Make coffee. Finish Week 7. Draft week 8. Clean out the cup. Bring the cup home.
    3. Class 2-3: Create Slides. Vocabulary. Create character designs? (Make part of character assignment). Finish challenge book.
    4. Class 4 - Type project work. Create Slides. Check on progress reports.
    5. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs and/or other concerns. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. PRINT WEEKS 7-8!
    6. Update class websites. Create key for Possessives worksheet. Have K use keys to mark student work. Grade reflections and add to response document. Input grades.
    7. Dinner: shrimp bowls. Leave for theater by 6:45. FIND PSA. Put spoons and water flavors in school bag.
    8. Prep Sat lunch and dinner. Chop celery. Keep count of saag portions (7). Meds. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00; no alarm.

JFT Saturday
    1. Feed cats. Pack lunch/dinner. Brush teeth. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. At park, steps to 10k by 2:30; 22k by end of shift.
    3. Park treat: ice cream cone OR popcorn.
    4. Write essay. Review Weeks 7-8. Select recipes for next week. Add to grocery list.
    5. Find blog posts to comment on next week.
    6. Snack: Halo Top - ONE SERVING. Prep saag and measure/log portions.
    7. Fold laundry while watching Good Place.
    8. Prep Sun lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00; alarm set for 6:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    Today: 183.6

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, creativity, responsibility, optimism - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about..
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Convert lesson plans to unit format.
    12. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest.