WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• WVgirlie1
    WVgirlie1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I believe that September is the new January also. Lol kids get back on their schedule and so do I.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :) Our big adventure this morning was a trip to the drug store for our yearly "flu shot date". We also got our names on the really long waiting list for the new shingles vaccine.

:)Pip and Kirby, congrats on your ride so far. Lunch at Deception Pass sounds awesome.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Love the night time eating ideas. I am going to have a larger meal with protein for lunch and then try a lighter dinner. The idea of 13 hour fast 7pm to 8 am is something I’m willing to try. My teaching day starts very early and woah to my poor students if I’m hangry :#

NYKAREN
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    @Wendy. Bwaaaha
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I had the first shingles shot (of the two shot series) a couple of weeks ago. My poor arm hurt for 2 days. They told me the second one needs given between 60 days and 6 months later. Lisa, I’m glad to hear the second one doesn’t hurt as bad. Hubs is on the waiting list. They’ve run out here again.

Okie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :) I live in a small community about which it is said that "it is where old people go to visit their parents". The over 65 population is huge considering how small the town is so our share of the vaccine has run out faster than it might elsewhere. I'll be glad to get it no matter what the side effects. I had the older version when it first came out but my doctor said that the new one is much more effective.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Pip - Did you have to ride in the rain? It rained here but not a lot. Glad you are having a good time.

I think they are running out of the shingles vaccine everywhere. I got the first one last week but when I asked about it at the clinic they told me they would have to check to see if they had any. My arm was sore for a couple of days and I was really achy but don't want to have shingles again. I got the old shot and then had shingles twice. My doc said the old shot was not meant to prevent shingles only the post herpetic nerve pain that could follow. This new one is actually meant to prevent shingles. We shall see. I need to get the booster sometime after Halloween.

I made a lower cal version of apple crisp today using apples from our tree. I think the arborist was right, they do seem sweeter since we used compost on the tree this spring.

I am having a quiet day today by myself. Dson took his dad to the Huskies game. They are playing North Dakota I think. DD should be home from her trip tomorrow. I will be glad to have her back. The horses took a gate that goes from the shelter into the barn off its hinges, got it wedged in the opening and then walked over it bending the wire and the frame. They scattered a bale of straw and some bedding around and broke part of the door frame going out to the paddock but luckily could not get into the tack room or the feed area. We just had 40 bales of new hay delivered yesterday so that could have been a real mess. DD's old buckskin mare has a few scrapes on her but didn't see anything on the other two.

KJ - It is so nice you can be so creative about the things that you do at your day care.

Heather - Edie looks more than ready for the challenge of school.

Rita - Lovely scenery. Glad you are enjoying the hosting.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Well I'm back lol..had the ice cream social here at my condo complex....me and another man we're the scoopers. We made a darn good team and sent ice cream home.with alot of them.....we gotta Hardy applause for our efforts lol...going tomorrow to do some cleaning at my dad's house so the real estate lady can take pictures.....my son wants to come down to my place to do laundry and watch the football game ..and I said yes....I don't ever get to see him...
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi friends. Wow! So many cool pictures! I have enjoyed looking at them and reading all your posts. Don't have much to say today except I am really going to try to get on here, at least on one place, every day. Football team lost, but at least they played hard til the end, which hasn't been true with our last coach. It's beautiful here and I am cooking up some cauliflower soup. We'll see how it is. Have a good evening! Meg from fall-ish Omaha.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Kylia ~ You are a very pretty lady even at 155. My weight stayed in the high 120's until I got in my 50's. Since then 40 lbs has crept up on me. Ugh!

I was less than 97 pounds until I quit waitressing in 1998. The weight started raising, then reached its max of 155 in 2003 after quitting smoking. I haven't been that high since 2009 at 139. Thank you for a compliment. I appreciate it.
    <3
    Kylia
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Did Kathy Smith’s Build Muscle Shrink Fat DVD. Boy, was it hard getting back in the groove of exercising after spending every day walking on the beach! The plan for tomorrow is to do a Leslie Sansone walking DVD.

Rebecca – congrats to you and your son

Weighed myself. According to the Wii, since before we left I only gained 1 lb. But since my last official weigh-in I gained 4 lbs. Not too bad for the vacation.

NYKaren – night time eater here!

Carol – even with all the problems on the trip, it was still lovely. I’d go back in a heartbeat, but I know that it’s VERY expensive. The graduation will be in Miami in a few years. Evidently, they only have a graduation once/year for all the people in each of the semesters. So you might wind up finishing 6 months before the actual graduation.

Lanette – Jess will be in school in St. Kitts for 2 years, then she comes to the states to do her Clinical. I think she’s hoping to do it at NC State, but who knows where she’ll wind up?

Have a chocolate zucchini loaf in the oven for Vince right now. Shhhh…don’t tell him there’s zucchini in it or he won’t eat it. I’ll just tell him it’s a chocolate loaf. Actually, I put some of the mini chocolate chips in it so if a bit of the zucchini isn’t pulverized from the food processor, I can just tell him that what’s hard is probably a chocolate chip.

Rye – it probably won’t be for another month or so before we close the pool. We usually have to (much to my dismay) in mid-October. Nice weather would be good……

You go pip!!!!

Barbie – we got the new chickenpox vaccine right before we left. If we got it now before Vince turned 65, insurance would pay for it 100%. Had we waited, medicare wouldn’t have paid 100%. Therefore, we got it now. We should be getting the second shot in a few weeks. There has been a shortage all over the country. This is what we were told when we called to get the vaccine. We got the last two doses in this county

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Pip - Did you have to ride in the rain? It rained here but not a lot. Glad you are having a good time.

I think they are running out of the shingles vaccine everywhere. I got the first one last week but when I asked about it at the clinic they told me they would have to check to see if they had any. My arm was sore for a couple of days and I was really achy but don't want to have shingles again. I got the old shot and then had shingles twice. My doc said the old shot was not meant to prevent shingles only the post herpetic nerve pain that could follow. This new one is actually meant to prevent shingles. We shall see. I need to get the booster sometime after Halloween.

I made a lower cal version of apple crisp today using apples from our tree. I think the arborist was right, they do seem sweeter since we used compost on the tree this spring.

I am having a quiet day today by myself. Dson took his dad to the Huskies game. They are playing North Dakota I think. DD should be home from her trip tomorrow. I will be glad to have her back. The horses took a gate that goes from the shelter into the barn off its hinges, got it wedged in the opening and then walked over it bending the wire and the frame. They scattered a bale of straw and some bedding around and broke part of the door frame going out to the paddock but luckily could not get into the tack room or the feed area. We just had 40 bales of new hay delivered yesterday so that could have been a real mess. DD's old buckskin mare has a few scrapes on her but didn't see anything on the other two.

KJ - It is so nice you can be so creative about the things that you do at your day care.

Heather - Edie looks more than ready for the challenge of school.

Rita - Lovely scenery. Glad you are enjoying the hosting.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

Yup, ride no matter what, it wasn’t bad , it didn’t rain all 4-1/2 hours