WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Talked to youngest Navy son this afternoon. He graduated from A school with honors. So proud of that kid💗! Sadly he won't likely get leave before he goes to Japan, and I am really sad about that.. I had a good cry earlier, I just miss him so! Its been since last Christmas since I saw him. Now even longer. I told him to take a pic of his boot camp pic.
    nk3luervhdli.jpeg

Rebecca 💗

Aaah, Rebecca:- well done and congratulations to youngest son. I can imagine how sad you must be about not seeing him for such a long time. I suppose you were expecting his long posting to Japan because of your years as a Navy wife?
    I was curious and googled Whidbey Island and it looks a lovely place to live.
    Keep your chin up
    All the best
    Karen UK xxx
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    NYKaren - I’m a big time snacker. I save a huge portion of my calories for evening snacks. I know if I ate bigger meals I wouldn’t want to snack (for hunger at least), but I like to snack so I just plan for it. I know when I’m away from home I don’t snack like I do at home.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Michele ~ Your trip sound dismaying! So many little snafus. Glad you are home again safe.

Heather ~ Yes, that lane is lovely but I would be a little scared of going down it in the dark and even during the day. Where I live, there is so much crime on the news every day that I would be fearful.

Pip ~ OK....that can't be your air steam hanging up in the air. I suppose a replica of some sort. Remember, I'm an old lady.

I have gained 4 lbs over my usual weight and must make the effort to get back to what I know is healthy eating.

Carol in GA
  • 1948Peachy
    Options
    Kylia ~ You are a very pretty lady even at 155. My weight stayed in the high 120's until I got in my 50's. Since then 40 lbs has crept up on me. Ugh!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Michele ~ Your trip sound dismaying! So many little snafus. Glad you are home again safe.

Heather ~ Yes, that lane is lovely but I would be a little scared of going down it in the dark and even during the day. Where I live, there is so much crime on the news every day that I would be fearful.

Pip ~ OK....that can't be your air steam hanging up in the air. I suppose a replica of some sort. Remember, I'm an old lady.

I have gained 4 lbs over my usual weight and must make the effort to get back to what I know is healthy eating.

Carol in GA

Oh sorry, that’s just a wind chime
  • 1948Peachy
    edited September 2018
    Options
    PIP said, Oh sorry, that’s just a wind chime!

I kind of figured that. Big wind chime! :):)<3:)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,329 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Happy Saturday Ladies!

Heather - I love your little lane. Walking or running in peaceful shady surroundings like that is the best. A short part of my walking route in the is a private road similar to that with a heavily forested state park on the one side. I nearly always see something interesting and lately have been able to grab a few ripe blackberries. Crossing fingers you'll be moving to Hove in the near future. Stars lining up and all that. B)<3

Karen in NY
    - Here's how I cope with the night time eating. I really like the intermittent fasting idea of 16 hours (or more) between the night meal and next day meal, so if I stop eating at 8 pm and don't eat until noon the next day (or later if I'm not famished) I can plan to eat up until bedtime. Now then, depending on what I eat that late at night it can be a problem so I'm careful to just plan for a nice bowl of yogurt or cottage cheese with a little fruit. (Dairy is my friend!) I found out I need some carbs before bed anyhow to keep my blood sugar from going wack-o when I get up in the morning. During the 8 or so hours of eating I make sure I get plenty of protein and of course healthy fats. I know this wouldn't work for everyone. So I'm like Okie!!

Michele - welcome home! You had an interesting trip for sure. Lots of things to be aware of if ever visiting on St. Kitts! How long does your daughter's schooling last there... is it a couple years?

Rebecca
    - thank you for posting the photo of your son. Will you be able to have video chats with him? At least something like that would be better than letters...which guys aren't always good at writing. Sheesh, eh?

Pip
    - looks like good cool riding weather. Neat jacket and so glad you made your goal! And superb job Kirby getting the deck stained, we had a couple good hot drying days. Our deck is done and stained, I did a little touch-up yesterday before it clouded over but should be OK. I see the water beading up on it. So the next thing is getting some type of mats or carpeting for this fall and winter since it will be slipperier than snot once it freezes over. The deck guy offered to mix some sand in with the stain but that wouldn't make a dent as it too would be covered with the equivalent of frozen rain. I order a 10' roll of "ice carpet" from Harriet Carter that DH might be able to staple down, we had something similar (I think) we used on the old deck.

The deck guy and his helpers were very easy to work with. Did things a little differently than what we'd discussed but are happy with the result. We might have him redo the shower -- like Lisa's house, it has a step plus the fiberglass has a crack (fortunately not leaking and rotting the joists and subfloor). However, DH and I have decided that's the end of remodeling/fix up on this house unless something just plain breaks, leaks, or is something structural and needs immediate attention. Part of it is the money, part of it is the stress and interruption to his otherwise peaceful day.

Barbara AHMOD
    - good job in the sorting and giving away. Very proud of you for tackling that. When do things return to normal at your house?

Rye
    - your photography "art" is always stunning. Oh, and I don't think I congratulated you on your BMI!! Your before and after photos are a testament to your dedication and journey to better health. Your bod is in such good shape!! Are you sure you're not in your 30's???

Kylia
    - love your vacation photos. Little towns like that are so neat, like stepping back in time. That photo of you, your daughters and granddaughter - I thought you were sisters!!

OK I need to get crackin'. Have a good weekend ladies!

Lanette
    Cool SW WA State
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    Rye that need to pick something up and look at it and not let go is used against us when we shop. The sellers know we are much more apt to buy it if we hold it in our hands. Even knowing this I struggle sometimes with shopping and end up with purchases I do not need. I to struggle with letting go of something I already own.

:heart: Margaret
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Yeah Pip!

Okie