WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Welcome "sbreuls". You'll find much support and meet many interesting folks on this chat.Car

Lanette ~ That was funny about the washing machine snafu. Once I put some eggs in my instant pot to cook and found out in the end that I had not put any water in it.

Carol in GA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Love all the pictures.

Lanette love the acronym.

Janet kudos to your daughter.

Finally coming up for air. I was sick for three days with a bad cold. When I went to choir on Wednesday the woman who sat down next to me said my daughter had been sick for two weeks and I am starting to get sick. I knew I should have moved. I missed singing on Sunday because of it.I have been eating lots of veggies little to no sugar and lots of essential oils. I think I am over the worst of it. I just feel a bit tired. I was able to get my to do list done today.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    bethhagan wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone for the suggestions! Day 2 and I didn't go over my calories on day 1....is it possible to not eat enough calories?
    My trigger time is in the evening after work. I think I am going to meal prep this weekend for next week. It is too easy to grab something quick and unhealthy in the evening.
    You guys sound like a bunch of fun women after reading this thread.
    I'm a cost accountant by day and a photographer/gardener/crafty soul on nights and weekends.
    I have two daughters in college and two Shih Tzus at home. No husband.
    Anyone else have similar interests?
    Thanks again for helping me get started.
    Elizabeth

Yes you need to have a minimum amount of calories for your body to function properly.
    I also have a problem with the evening, I am so tired and lazy when I get home I stop way too often and grab take out instead of making something healthy.

I am a crafty soul, I like to paint simple paintings, wood crafts and scrapbook. I am very impatient so I like things I can start and finish in just a day or two. I tried cross stitching and never completed the project because I lost interest in it. I also have two daughters, one is married with 2 children and the other is in hairdressing school getting married next summer. I have a husband of 31 years and no pets.

Tracey in Edmonton.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did Kelly Coffee Meyers Cardio Quick Fix DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Kathy Smith Step Workout since we have a Newcomer general meeting. As much as I hate to say this, I really can’t wait for April when I no longer have to do this. I just don’t like the direction that this organization is going in.

Speaking of cats – I had this really weird dream last night. I dreamed that Jess came home with 10 kittens. They were jumping all around and Loki was jumping like them, only he’s not exactly a kitten. I know where this dream came from. See, many years ago Denise brought a kitten here. We asked her to keep it in the bathroom but she let it in the bedroom. Ever since then, we’ve had a problem with one of the cats (we think it’s Loki) peeing on the bed. Not the floor, just the bed. We were keeping the bedroom door closed. Now that Shadow is with us, what we’re doing is keeping the door open. Hopefully, the cat will eventually get the idea that the bedroom is no longer “forbidden territory”. His peeing is not related to the fact that Shadow is here. He’d do it when she wasn’t here. I know for a while some cat would go to the bathroom in my exercise room, but knock on wood that hasn’t happened in a long time. Last night I’m not sure if there was pee on the bed or not. If there was, it was just a small area. It looked like it even dried. I rinsed out the sheet just in case. So that’s what brought on this dream.

Janetr – congrats to you and your daughter. I know what Vince went thru passing those exams so I know how grueling they are. You have every right to be bursting with pride.

Heather and Carol – I was thinking about DJ. I know that she “likes” a lot of my diaries. Not sure why she doesn’t come in, tho. I’m thinking about her in the path of this storm

Lynette – Raleigh is supposed to be mostly cloudy today, morning thunderstorms tomorrow, scattered thunderstorms Thursday, Friday and Saturday 80% chance of rain. I haven’t read anything in the paper about worse conditions in the Raleigh area. I will keep my eye out, tho. You know, my FIL used to say when he retired “I don’t know where I found the time to work”. I just thought “yea, right”. Now I understand what he meant!!!! I remember when Vince first retired and I was working, when I got home from work I constantly got “you’re not putting THAT in the dinner (not like he hadn’t had it that way for the past 20 years) “load the dishwasher this way” “do this with the washer” where finally one day I just said to him “just go downstairs, just go downstairs” I’m the person who cleans as she goes along and in advance of something. Like today I’m vacuuming the house for the pool party. I’m going to think optimistically. Vince still has the items from putting up the new screening on the porch. When I asked him the other day where things went, he told me that he wants to get more up. Well, it’s just cloudy. Guess what’s not getting done? What a good pic CRAP…so true

Wbruls – welcome! Baby steps and that weight will come off.

Barbara and everyone else – we’re pretty far inland, at the foothills of the mountains. The last time a hurricane hit here was Hurricane Hugo 30 years ago. I’m sure we’ll get rain and cloudy weather, but I have a feeling we aren’t going to get a hurricane. Vince wanted to get the generator out, tho. We moved that from PA and haven’t had to use it. I honestly don’t think we’ll have to, but it makes him happy to have it out so it’s really not a big deal

Thank you, too, for everyone. Just knowing that this is a place where I can vent, etc and no one judges me but many times gives me a different perspective is great

Snowflake – they choose the team for you around here. They base it on handicap. One bowler has a high handicap (like me), one a very low handicap, and one with a handicap in the middle. Otherwise, you could potentially get three good bowlers on one team and they would win all the games. That would make the others feel defeated. You sign up for the league and at the orgizational meeting they tell you who your teammates will be for that season. I do hope everything works out for you with the appliances

Elizabeth – I’m not an accountant, but my hubby is a retired CPA and janetr’s daughter just got her CPA license. But I do like to do different crafts. I just don’t find quilting to be very relaxing at all. Right now I’m working on this rectangle loom and making a scarf for dd’s bf.

Exercised, then we took my car to the Mazda dealer. Turns out when they put in the transmission, they didn’t put the transmission dipstick down all the way so it developed an airbubble and a lot of fluid came out. So we went back about an hour later and picked it up. I vacuumed the whole house then strung some popcorn. Had dinner. Vince is shooting so I think I’ll go to the local cheap theater and see Mama Mia Here We Go Again.

Michele in NC
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Heather, the photo of Bea and Edie is just adorable.... I'm sure when they are teens they won't appreciate it, but it is really cute!
    Tracy, I was watching the news the other night when it said about areas getting snow already, it is too soon!
    I'm a bit of a crafty soul as well. I crochet, some knitting and quilting. A wee bit of embroidery, did a wall hanging announcing our grandson's birth, it turned out really well!
    I'm at work so must go do some!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Keep my friend Sue and her hubby Bob in your thoughts and prayers ..DJ too.. hopefully they are evacuating and have homes to come home to.
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Tracy, meant to add I hope things work out for you with the appliances. I would not be happy having to go to a laundromat again!
    NYKaren, wow, your friend really does have a lot on her plate. She could use all the shoulders she can get, I'm thinking.....
    Allie, is the house up for sale yet? Hope it goes quickly for you!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Ooooooo
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    sn0ij3bah66l.jpg

I have my own Charlotte the spider..... She is on the outside of my big sun room window. Not as scary. She seems to be eating well.
    Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    h7um6ci5chg0.jpg

I would have to wear all of this butt naked, because I do not own any clothes fancy enough. Fun to muse though!!!
    Rebecca 💗
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • wbreuls
    wbreuls Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. My first name is Wendy.