JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY Friday 9/7/18
    1) Log all my food for the day :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calorie total for the day :)
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake for the day :)
    4) Go to the gym :)
    5) Clean the house :)
    6) Laundry :)

JFT Saturday 9/8/18
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calorie total for the day
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake for the day
    4) Go to the gym
    5) Work on orders from my shop
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Be kind :/ let myself get too hungry and got mean
    2. Lots of water :)
    3. Log all food :)
    4. Cook dinner at home :)
    5. Call both propane companies and decide on final provider - set up budget plan :)
    6. Call oil company and set up budget plan >:)
    7. Be present. :)

Jft Saturday
    1. Be kind
    2. Be present
    3. Log all food
    4. Lots of water
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    I've had a well poop day today.

You know I said I dragged the pram up the stairs on the canal yesterday? Well it turns out my back doesn't approve. Pulled a muscle from what feels like top to bottom!
    And I know alot of you will hate me saying this as I'm the "baby" of the group but man I feel so OLD. I never got aches and pains like this even in my early 20s!

Anyway having a sore back has just made me proper miserable. Hoping it's a bit better tomorrow..
    I think it gets me down because I know that I just have to push through because of the kids and my partner. Whereas ideally I'd like to sit and rest all day I just can't do that.

My partners had a poo day too. He lost his temper this morning and broke some glasses in the bedroom. So i had to clean all the glass up and wipe the Vimto off the walls. Got a tiny bit of glass in my foot too but got it out pretty quick!
    Tbh I'm glad that's all it was. The neighbour has been renovating the house since Casey was born, and they come at ridiculous times. Drilling on our connecting wall at 8.30am?! It's not the owbers fault it's the builders as. She doesn't live there. Anyway my partners the kind of person who will go in the house and take the drill off him and throw it in the road and break it. And I'm surprised it's taken him 6 months to really lose his temper! I've had to go round 3 times to tell them to stop making so much noise and certain times.

Anyway enough rambling.
    Still in a bit of a mood myself so might pop on a bit later
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hey! I saw MLS had a great day. And as I type, I think maybe FLORENCE has arrived. Just needed rain here--no big worry at all.
    Can not read at all. So tired of the fuzz and need to see. Got into a SCAM today and am just that perturbed that I haven't let it go. Did watch calories-too tired to eat. Did not drink enough so maybe take iced water to bed. Son already behind in school but technically, we did the missing item today. Took FOREVER. Went to volunteer at the 9/11 Run today as a bag filler and hander out person but they did not need me after an hour or so. Kids learn about 9/11 but not the same as my recall of that day--9 year old son did not even really note there was a reason for the run or salute to first responders. Heck, he was not even thrilled by the Virginia Beach mounted police/horses. Some great ROTC kids did the colors and a running mom sang the anthem. WOW-she was great. Will return to the Military Aviation Museum which I had not known and there is a neat little park of metallic dinosaurs. Going next week to see a Viking ship and then on the 21 we are going on a 2 hour ride of a sailing ship in the Bay.
    Ok-SUNDAY-as usual, Do NOT be late to church. Calories will be my thought and drinking water my floater! No idea what I can pull out of dryer to wear but then maybe -nope, no nap. I need to get back to exercise-will check the Y for fall schedule and maybe even just walk in rain. Yard is a jungle and I do not know when I can mow again even if eyes are better due to rain. Oh well, my moment will come.
    Hope all is well with you and yours.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    MLS1582 wrote: »
    Nailed it! I ate 3 meals today. No snacking!! Whoop Whoop! First time this has happened in a while for me.
    I didn't workout due to some unexpected short travel, but I'm okay with it. I'll go for a nice run tomorrow morning.

Woot Woot!!!! Nice! I don't think I could do it, so I'm impressed!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Friday
    • Log every bite :)
    • Physical therapy appointment :)
    • No-Drama mama :)
    • September bills :)
    • Finish videos on HSMC :# There are a LOT of them to watch! Still not done.
    • 15 minutes decluttering digital photos >:)
    • Monthly Challenges April water :) / May 15 min self-care :) / June mindful :) / July Preplanning :) / August PM Snacking :) / September 5 freggies per day :)
    • Gratitude journal :) / Meditation :) / Read :) / lights out 10:30 :)

Happy Saturday! I am just now getting on here and it is after 6:00 pm. A little late to post goals, but that's okay. Both of my sons came over and brought the grands with them, so we had lots of activity and excitement! Both of my sons' kids live about 2 hours from here and I don't always get to see them at the same time due to visitation schedules. Was a nice day but I'm EXHAUSTED!

So, for the remainder of today here are my JFT's:
    Journal every bite
    15 minutes decluttering digital photos
    HSMC Videos for challenge/course
    PT exercises
    Begin reading the James Patterson book my SIL loaned me
    Gratitude journal / Meditation / Read unplugged one hour prior to sleep

Monthly Challenges:
    April = water
    May = 15 min outside or self care
    June = June mindfulness
    July = Preplanning
    August = PM Snacking/close kitchen at 8:30pm
    September = 5 freggies/day

• PackerFanInGB
    edited September 2018
    Options
    <3
  • MLS1582
    MLS1582 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    MLS1582 wrote: »
    JFT - Saturday
    1. Go run! I'm SO excited about this. Things have been so crazy that I've only been able to run once a week for the past month or so. The upside to that is it means I'm always looking forward to running. The downside is that I've gone from back-of-the-pack jogger to frequently-passed-by-walkers snail. Today I'm going to explore a new trail. I have no idea how long it is, and I can't wait to find out!
    2. Eat 3 times - no snacking
    3. ab workout

As a fellow slow runner I have always appreciated this quote: “no matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.” The only person you’re really competing against is yourself. Do what you can and that will be good enough!

That quote was what I kept telling myself through my whole run this morning! It was great to get back out there, and I know I'll get back to running more often eventually - life's just nuts right now, and it means my hard-fought-for 10-11 minute miles have slid back to 12+ minute miles.

I did run 4 miles today though! I found out that the new trail is 1.9 miles long - a very nice distance to run out and then back!
    I ate 3 meals and 2 snacks, so TOO MUCH. I'll try it again tomorrow.
    Add in my completion of my ab work out and I've achieved 2/3 goals.

I'm calling that a decent day, though to be honest, the over-eating is my biggest concern. It has to stop. I should probably start actually logging my food again, but I just don't want to. Maybe I'll suck it up and do it anyway this week. We'll see.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies... I LOVE YOU LADIES
    GOOD NIGHT LADIES💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
    Just for tonight... It's Benadryl, water and tissues
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    1. Water
    2. Laundry
    3. Shop for work
    4. Work
    5. Groceries
    6. Brush and Floss
    7. Bed by 10:30

Hello all and hugs too! Have a great rest of your weekend. Get some good rest and take care of yourselves. I'll be keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. <3
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all

Little tired here after a very late night at a party last night. It was about an hour’s drive away and by the time I’d dropped some friends home it was around 2am when I got to bed. But I’m really proud of myself for staying on track. I had a good time although felt very very sober once the dancing started (I was designated driver by choice but it’s tough when everyone else is super drunk!).

This morning I’m going to work out then have a quiet coffee by myself before I head to pick up the girls. May treat myself to a nap later but def a gentle day!

Saturday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Pamper time - eyebrows, tan, nails. ✅
    - Laundry ✅
    - Hot yoga at lunchtime? ❎
    - Buy cards, wrap gifts ✅
    - Water!! ✅
    - Eat protein before the party ✅
    - Have some fruit and veggie snacks and water in car for the drive home ✅ So glad I did this!
    - Go straight to bed however I feel after the party. ✅ although I did mess about on my phone to wind down a bit before sleeping

Sunday goals
    - morning workout
    - Put away laundry
    - Tidy room
    - Walk and coffee
    - Pick up girls
    - Rest

Have a lovely Sunday all x
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Feed cats. Pack lunch/dinner. Brush teeth. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. At park, steps to 10k by 2:30; 22k by end of shift.
    3. Park treat: ice cream cone OR popcorn.
    4. Write essay. Review Weeks 7-8. Select recipes for next week. Add to grocery list.
    5. Find blog posts to comment on next week.
    6. Snack: Halo Top - ONE SERVING. Prep saag and measure/log portions.
    7. Fold laundry while watching Good Place.
    8. Prep Sun lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00; alarm set for 6:50.

JFT Sunday
    1. Feed cats. AM park run - 6 miles. Pack lunch. Brush teeth. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. WRITE ESSAY DEAR GOD. Omelet for breakfast.
    3. Park treat: Cotton candy.
    4. Review Weeks 7-8. Meet with B.
    5. Find blog posts to comment on next week.
    6. Snack: Halo Top - ONE SERVING. Write villain narrative.
    7. Fold laundry while watching Good Place.
    8. Prep Mon lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    Today: 184.8

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, creativity, responsibility, optimism - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about..
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Convert lesson plans to unit format.
    12. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Good Morning JFT friends.

Haven't lifted much over the summer but lifted weights yesterday. Even with less weight on the barbells, I'm really feeling it. I have to stop overthinking and just take action. So glad I got back to the gym.

Post my results from health challenge.
    Post weight on Happy Scale.
    Pretrack meals with a goal of 1600 calories.
    Get back up to 150g of protein (made good progress yesterday).
    Track water-feeling dehydrated (almost at my goal yesterday).
    All meals & snacks will be eaten sitting at a table (a few more days of this effort and I think the habit will return).
    Walk dog in neighborhood.
    Church at 10am. Be patient with my daughter who is joining me today.
    No bingeing after church.
    Try a yoga class online.
    Meditate 25 mins.
    Evening walk.
    Plan menu for week.
    Lights out at 10:00pm.

Remind myself that healthy habits can be easily revived. I have to ignore the desire for a quick fix...

If I had the choice would I:
    A. Lose weight quickly and reach goal with a great chance of regaining weight?
    B. Lose weight slowly with healthy habits so that I will most likely maintain the weightloss?

Have a great week!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,765 Member
    Options
    JFT - Saturday Sept 8
    2L of Water 😕 only 1
    Calories in Green by 150 - 🙂340
    Outside 15 minutes - 😕
    5 fruits and veggies-😕
    Try to get a walk in 😕
    Run errands 🙂
    Have fun crafting with girls! 🙂

JFT - Sunday Sept 9
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 minutes
    5 fruits and veggies

Fruits and Veggies
    Sept 1st - 0/5
    Sept 2nd - 3/5
    Sept 3rd - 4/5
    Sept 4 - 5/5
    Sept 5 - 5/5
    Sept 6 - 4/5
    Sept 7 - 0/5
    Sept 8 - 1/5

Had a great day crafting yesterday with my eldest daughter and her best friend. They “ran away from home” to get a break from children. I truly believe every mom with young ones need that and they try to do it once every 3 months or so.

We all worked on our own projects and we all Kush about finished.

I am off in about an hour to go spend the night with my cousin 2 hours away. Her hubby left got s course today so we’ll probably stay up way too late and eat too much junk. I’m going to try to stay within calories but truthfully I’ll enjoy myself too.

• MLS1582
    MLS1582 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sunday
    I'm keeping things simple. Overall, my eating habits are BY FAR my biggest weakness and the biggest thing I want to change, so I'm sticking with that.

I'll eat 3 times today - no snacking.
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sunday
    No eating anywhere but at the kitchen table. The worst is after dinner, lots of wasted calories.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY Saturday 9/8/18
    1) Log all my food for the day :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calorie total for the day :)
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake for the day :/
    4) Go to the gym :)
    5) Work on orders from my shop :)

JFT Sunday 9/9/18
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calorie total for the day
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake for the day
    4) Do groceries
    5) Work on orders from my shop
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB ThredUp is an online consignment shop...kind of. Pretty much it's a website where people send in their lightly used clothing for store credits to buy other people's lightly used clothing but you can also just spend your own money. I love it soo much. If you buy things that aren't final sale you can send the pieces back no questions back for store credit to buy other things. They have every size imaginable and clothes from Walmart and Kohls to designer clothes right off the runway. It's pretty crazy. Go check it out. Last week I got 16 items for $54 including shipping.

WOW! I was 150 posts back! It's been almost a week since I have posted. I dont know why. It's not like I haven't had the time. I just haven't had the motivation. The weather has been so bad here this week. It's been SUPER humid. After smoking for 10 years, doing anything in high humidity makes it really hard to breathe. I describe it as breathing through a wet wash cloth. It has rained this whole weekend as well. And it has cooled down significantly. It's not supposed to get above 70 today when it was in the 90's the past week. Definitely a drastic change. I dont mind too terribly though. I like cool weather so much better than hot and sticky.

The DH has decided that we need to have a barbeque for my birthday in a few weeks. I wasn't sure if we were going to do anything. I didnt want to bring it up but I'm glad that he is going to put something together. I'm not sure that he has told my parents yet though! Lol. I share a birthday with my BIL's daughter so over the last few years my birthday has revolved around her and TBO, I've been kind of jealous...is that wrong? But the DH wants to celebrate me this year :smiley:

So I had lunch from a deli today but I am going to record it all. It's going to depress me but I really need to stay accountable. We have been getting a lot of takeout the last two weeks and really need to get back on track to eating healthy again.

So onward and upward!

1. Log food!
    2. Do laundry
    3. Put food in the crockpot
    4. Eat some of the fruit I cut up yesterday
    5. Pay bills!
    6. Dinner/Dishes
    7. Spend some time with the DH
    8. Tech off by 10:15
    9. Light off by 11.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,212 Member
    Options
    Missed another day getting on here .... and so many posts! I'll try and read back and see what I missed.

Simple goals again today
    1. log all food
    2. sept challenge - 5 veggies
    3. drink water!!!