September 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    Ok, so only logging miles actually spent running since I need to get to 3.2 without stopping. So where as I went 1 mile today only actually ran .54 of that mile. -stop laughing. Lol

My goal since I am late and not good at this will be 17 miles for Sept (HERE GOES NOTHING)

9/12 - .54

Upcoming Race
    Oct 27th - Monster Dash 5K

No laughing here, you're doing totally awesome! I only ran my first full 5K this spring after taking the winter mostly off and spending last summer and fall gradually working up to 1 mile (and wow did that mile feel amazing!). You'll get there for sure if you're patient and persistent! I'm not sure what my "no walk break" record is right now because I stopped keeping track, but I did 10K without walking this AM, so it's at least twice what it was at the beginning of the year. :) The nice thing I learned is that other runners don't care if you have to walk from time to time because pretty much everyone walks sometimes!

I know you are right. Just used to be able to do a half and now I struggle to do a block. More laughing at myself then others laughing at me.

And hey I’m MN too BTW
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Running glasses.

Ive tried running with some nice Oakley's which are fine but tend to bounce on my nose, but if i wear my hat just right i can wedge the ear pieces under it. They are hot since they wrap around.

I tried running in Rx sunglasses. Hmm, not really made for running and didn't work any better. (I looked famous).

I tried running in my rx driving glasses. Again with staying on the nose, sliding down constantly.

I tried some Wiley X rx glasses, (from work) and the ear piece broke. Taped them up an use them cycling.

Eye visit today. New doc. Old one was fine, not complaining- he did his part in getting my prescription correct and checking my eye health. New guy has been added to the practice. He suggested Oxygen brand. Said they are new, he wears them in the gym, lifting (really? 😝) running (more believable). So.. off we go to find them. They just came in. Not even out on the shelf yet. I agree to try them. Not what i expect, which is more of a sport style wrap around type.

I must say I'm very eager to try them on a run. I bounced around like a nerd in several pair, found one on fit and am very hopeful to have found an excellent choice. They are super light, which may help the sliding/bouncing issue.

Figured there may be other running nerds that need glasses. Oh wait? We're all nerds. Right? We all wear eye protection, right? (Answer Yes. And go get some cheapies if ya gotta).

What works for you?

Tldr. Yay new glasses!

The Oakleys that do the full wrap around your face are by far the most comfortable I found. I like them better than my Under Armour ones that I wear BUT the UA ones are darker, and fog up slightly less so I have to sacrifice for function.

Not heard of the ones you got, will have to try to remember to look for them.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Running glasses.

Ive tried running with some nice Oakley's which are fine but tend to bounce on my nose, but if i wear my hat just right i can wedge the ear pieces under it. They are hot since they wrap around.

I tried running in Rx sunglasses. Hmm, not really made for running and didn't work any better. (I looked famous).

I tried running in my rx driving glasses. Again with staying on the nose, sliding down constantly.

I tried some Wiley X rx glasses, (from work) and the ear piece broke. Taped them up an use them cycling.

Eye visit today. New doc. Old one was fine, not complaining- he did his part in getting my prescription correct and checking my eye health. New guy has been added to the practice. He suggested Oxygen brand. Said they are new, he wears them in the gym, lifting (really? 😝) running (more believable). So.. off we go to find them. They just came in. Not even out on the shelf yet. I agree to try them. Not what i expect, which is more of a sport style wrap around type.

I must say I'm very eager to try them on a run. I bounced around like a nerd in several pair, found one on fit and am very hopeful to have found an excellent choice. They are super light, which may help the sliding/bouncing issue.

Figured there may be other running nerds that need glasses. Oh wait? We're all nerds. Right? We all wear eye protection, right? (Answer Yes. And go get some cheapies if ya gotta).

What works for you?

Tldr. Yay new glasses!

The Oakleys that do the full wrap around your face are by far the most comfortable I found. I like them better than my Under Armour ones that I wear BUT the UA ones are darker, and fog up slightly less so I have to sacrifice for function.

Not heard of the ones you got, will have to try to remember to look for them.

I really like my Oakley's. But if i wear a hat, or about 2 miles into a run i get a bounce. I try to lift my head up, look further out, but on trails thats not always wise. I'd considered doing the Oakley's in rx.

Ill see if i can find a pic of these. I do worry about them not being wrap around. I have had my eyes burn before off the water in regular frames. Not sure if that would happen running.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso Wow how little i know. Did not know there was a women's Oakley. I may relinquish these to DH, although he'd likely just lose them. Haha!

I was eyeing the kids choices. I need a good running hat and am sure I'll have to go with kids sizes because nothing i buy fits. I'm always tying the back strap rather than using the Velcro because theres not enough Velcro to stick to fit me.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso Wow how little i know. Did not know there was a women's Oakley. I may relinquish these to DH, although he'd likely just lose them. Haha!

I was eyeing the kids choices. I need a good running hat and am sure I'll have to go with kids sizes because nothing i buy fits. I'm always tying the back strap rather than using the Velcro because theres not enough Velcro to stick to fit me.

I got mine at the vault store (outlet) and got 2 pair for like $100 or so. After an exhaustive search of every brand and sporting good type store.

My regular glasses are kids. They are the exact same as the adult, just smaller and $100 less on the frame. 😂
  • joannedrummond5
    joannedrummond5 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    September 1 - rest day
    September 2 - 13 km Club Run
    September 3 - 23 km run
    September 4 - 23 km run
    September 5 - rest day
    September 6 - 10 km Hill Repeats
    September 7 - 14 km run
    September 8 - rest day
    September 9 - 5 km