September 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    As we move into a season change, I thought it a good time to remind everyone of how the different temperature scales work with respect to humans out doors...
    w9rkiv2ol1lg.png

Along those lines, here how the Fahrenheit scale was devised: https://www.livescience.com/39916-fahrenheit.html
  • travelling_lots
    travelling_lots Posts: 377 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @travelling_lots - wow - talk about a close call! Have you ever seen this video? The music is annoying - but it reminds me of your experience!
    @biketheworld

Great video! Never seen it.
    They are beautiful to look at though. Thanks for sharing.

It gave me the hibbie jibbies looking at it when I noticed the foot. That’s too close for comfort.

Can’t believe it he/she managed to tape it. I was holding my breath with one skunk. With those 5 I would have fainted probably. Lol
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @jele30 Congrats on your race. Way to beat your time!
    @RunnerGrl1982 great 5K as well. Congrats on your first race of the year!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @jele30 Great job!
    @RunnerGrl1982 - Well done! YAY!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @garygse I would kill to have a 1.15m stride! I think I did that ONE time. My normal stride is about 1.05m, but lately it is under 1.0m. Granted, I am only 5'4", but still...
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @Scott6255 5'4"? U kitten me? I figured you were 6'2" and 55yo. :tongue:

I'm 5' 5" and my running stride length is ~0.90m. shorter stride, mid foot strike, docs orders. @garygse must be 8 feet tall with a stride like that! :wink: daddy long legged fella, must look like a white Bolt :lol:

This got me wondering so I went and looked...

n63vg2l85ntd.png

No idea if that is any good or not, but that is the stats from my last run :)
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @jele30 and @RunnerGrl1982 well done!

I got up this morning for a 5k race pace run, got about 500m and realised I forgot to take my inhaler. I ral another 200m but knew it just wasn't going to happen. So I came home. I'm taking my gear to work and will try a couple of hill runs at lunchtime instead.