• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    yay @MegaMooseEsq congrats
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,097 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary At least you finished the race. I wouldn't like all of that mud either! Hope all the fall hurt was your pride.

@zdyb23456 Hope Florence doesn't hit too hard. Stay safe.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,097 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Didn't get any runs in over the weekend, so I'm a little bit behind. Hopefully, I can get back on track with my schedule this week. I skimmed over the 5 pages of comments I missed. Congratulations to those of you who completed races over the weekend and especially to all of those who accomplished PRs. You all are awesome and inspiring me to get my butt in gear and get out there! Thank you!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Awesome pictures @mbaker566!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    So ran in to a little water on my lunch walk...
    (note, that sign in the first picture is at least 7 feet tall, and used to be on a wall well about the river water line)

I may have chuckled a bit at this as we prep for Florence to hit the coastline north of us and bring torrential downpours for a bit.

ETA:bet @HonuNui can relate to this pic sir.
  • workaholic_nurse
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. Runners are such a great group to belong to!

I can't say I'm a 100% better but I sat down and figured out a new training plan to get me to a half marathon. I'm not sure this will be a PR but I'm aiming for 2:30. I think that's doable. I'm usually between 2:20 and 2:45. I also want to have fun since I'll be running the strip at night. Need to find some glow sticks. Where do ravers shop? 😂

Try your local camping supply store or Halloween shop for the glow sticks or check these out:
    https://www.amazon.com/Cyalume-SnapLight-Industrial-Sticks-Multi-Color/dp/B01H6A3MCO/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1536602035&sr=8-9&keywords=chemical+glow+stick

ETA: or these https://www.walmart.com/ip/Way-To-Celebrate-Value-Pack-of-4-Glow-Stick-30ct-Multi-Colors/156440646
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    (note, that sign in the first picture is at least 7 feet tall, and used to be on a wall well about the river water line)

i feel you. the dog park was partially underwater. there is not supposed to be a pond here. it is supposed to be a nice trail.
    amtxcia12sbu.png
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. Runners are such a great group to belong to!

I can't say I'm a 100% better but I sat down and figured out a new training plan to get me to a half marathon. I'm not sure this will be a PR but I'm aiming for 2:30. I think that's doable. I'm usually between 2:20 and 2:45. I also want to have fun since I'll be running the strip at night. Need to find some glow sticks. Where do ravers shop? 😂
    do you have a Spencer's or Hot topic near you?
    or now the halloween stores or places like target in the halloween section. possibly camping sections too
    or if you have the time-Amazon
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

I may have chuckled a bit at this as we prep for Florence to hit the coastline north of us and bring torrential downpours for a bit.

ETA:bet @HonuNui can relate to this pic sir.

:D We are pretty far inland here in Pittsburgh, PA, USA. Not that you can tell by these pictures... :lol:
  • workaholic_nurse
    Options
    @PastorVincent I feel ya', but even as far inland as Minnesota(where I used to live) had high water signs for certain roads and snow melt is spring could flood certain areas out.