September 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    I did my run/walk for the scheduled 20 minutes today...well, actually 20:12. I managed to do 1.55 miles, so a 13 min/mile pace. I'm happy with that. With warm up and cool down walks, had a total of 2 miles. I am thinking about signing up for the Pioneer 5 mile race at Davy Crockett's birthplace in December. Hopefully, I can get down to 12 min miles by then. I know this is extremely slow for most of you, but I have never been a runner, so 12 min miles is a pretty lofty goal for me right now. :D

exercise.png

You should do it! Even if you don't get down to 12 minute miles by then , do it anyway.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Enter to win swag from NUUN!

https://goo.gl/ZyLgG6

ETA description of swag package. I want it all!

PB your next marathon!

Fall marathon season is here and we've teamed up with our favorite partners to help you bring your personal best!

Prize pack includes:

Free race entry
    6-month supply of Nuun Hydration
    Honey Stinger variety pack
    Hydroflask 32 oz bottles
    KT Tape variety pack
    ROLL Recovery R3 roller
    SPIbelt belt + hat
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Aw @juliet3455 sorry. That sucks. If i win it, ill send you something i dun want. 😁
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    04/09 3.15 miles
    05/09 3.18 miles
    06/09 3.20 miles
    07/09 3.17 miles
    11/09 3.16 miles
    12/09 3.19 miles
    13/09 3.17 miles - my legs really bothered me for the whole run crampy and tingly. Maybe I'm dehydrated but don't know why.

exercise.png

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,036 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 Wow! That will be an interesting race if the conditions stay like they are now. Good luck with that!

@pudgy1977 You can do this! I hope you got out and ran when you got home!

@zdyb23456 Hope the storm doesn't hit you too hard. Stay safe!

shanaber wrote: »
    Ok - I said I wasn't going to try to catch up and now I have spent at least a few hours just reading... lol I have to know what you all have been doing/discussing here!
    I do the same thing. LOL

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    eek
    i had to replace my vivosmart. just bought the vivoactive 3(no music)
    i hated spending that much money on something but hopefully it will last longer than the smarts, if not, i'll buy the next incarnation of vivosport when the time comes around. or maybe i'll give a forerunner a try.
    i did get free 2 day shipping
    but eek. that was a lot of money

I have the same vivoactive 3. So far it works great. *knocks on wood*
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    No run tonight, work stuff, but hopefully tomorrow! :)
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Do not remember if I posted this yet... this is from one of the parks I run at.

This will give you an idea how bad the flooding was here last weekend. The top picture is a day after the rain stopped. The two under it are the same location on the third day after the rain stopped. The water is still receding and probably was a good 15 feet deep in places on the trail and walkways.

Hopefully, it will keep receding before the remains of Florance reach us and push it all back up again! :)
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,036 Member
    Options
    @pudgy1977 I know you want to run a mile without stopping to walk. Just wanted to let you know that I have decided to train the Jeff Galloway way, which incorporates planned walks into every running session. It's supposed to help cut down on injuries and fatigue without slowing you down very much, if at all. Something you might want to consider.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    @garygse ok You get a pass on the glasses. Which yes @shanaber are prescription. I still may get a pair of women's Oakley's. Or least check mine against them, see if sizing is my issue.