9/14: Rest
    9/15: 9 miles
    9/16: Rest
    9/17: 5 miles + 5 x 100m strides

Miles Completed: 54 of 70

Upcoming Races:

Santa Monica Classic | 5K | September 9th, 2018 Official Time | 32:39
    Los Angeles Marathon | March 24th 2019
    @mbaker566 Vests aren't cheap. I would check Amazon. I got my Nathan there for around $70 (I think). I've had it for years. I bought a new bladder for about $30 this year because my bite piece is going but the vest is still in good condition.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 Vests aren't cheap. I would check Amazon. I got my Nathan there for around $70 (I think). I've had it for years. I bought a new bladder for about $30 this year because my bite piece is going but the vest is still in good condition.

Many of us use the Wunjo vest. They are EXCELLENT vests. Check them out:

https://wunjosports.com

I have the most expensive one, the X5 Ultra - and it was $70+ shipping.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Amazing marathon world record broken this morning in Berlin — 2:01:39! Holy cow that is FAST!
    @MobyCarp If that was me on a double HM course I would have been lapped before the first loop. 2:12 is my HM time so it really puts it in perspective.

I would have just bearly stayed ahead of him depending on how good of a run I was having! I seriously do not think I could have kept up with him on my bicycle!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @MobyCarp I'll have to check with the running store. Unfortunately they are 60 miles away. But I can call them and ask what they think about it. @noblsheep I have seen replacement bands online, but the one that I ordered didn't fit. I may just have to keep trying until I get the right one. So far the super glue is holding.

@hesn92 I did C25K in October of 2016. I remember Week 5 Day 3 like it was yesterday. I was both excited and nervous about it. @rheddmobile is right. It really is a turning point, at least it was for me.

I would just keep trying. Super Glue, IME, does not hold up well to water so I suspect it will not last you.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp I'll have to check with the running store. Unfortunately they are 60 miles away. But I can call them and ask what they think about it. @noblsheep I have seen replacement bands online, but the one that I ordered didn't fit. I may just have to keep trying until I get the right one. So far the super glue is holding.

@hesn92 I did C25K in October of 2016. I remember Week 5 Day 3 like it was yesterday. I was both excited and nervous about it. @rheddmobile is right. It really is a turning point, at least it was for me.

I would just keep trying. Super Glue, IME, does not hold up well to water so I suspect it will not last you.

Yeah. I'm worried about it getting wet. It really does suck living an hour away from just about anything.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options

Many of us use the Wunjo vest. They are EXCELLENT vests. Check them out:

https://wunjosports.com

I have the most expensive one, the X5 Ultra - and it was $70+ shipping.

If I needed a vest I'd definitely look at this one. I've been pretty happy with my nathan though and can't justify a replacement since it's almost perfect condition.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

You made me look. Amazon description says, "Replacement band for Garmin Forerunner 35, Silicone Replacement Fitness Bands Bracelet Sport Strap WristBand Accessory with Screwdriver for Garmin Forerunner 35." For that description, the pictures, and $8.59, I'd go with it and not worry a lot if it didn't work. The similar offering for the 630 was exactly as expected. You might be able to find a cheaper price; I didn't work very hard on the search.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart I also found a YouTube video showing how to replace the strap for a Garmin 35. Based on that video, I'd say any claim that it isn't user replaceable is BS.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    9/6 3.45
    9/7 3.1
    9/11 3.15
    9/12 3.5
    9/13 3.1
    9/16 7
    9/17 4

Total 27.3 /60

Switched my week runs from 3-4-3 to 4-3-3 because today is my flex day so I have more time than a day where I work. My legs were like why? And I told them to hush and after about 2 miles they felt better. I did take a few .10ish walk breaks because of the heat after 2.5 miles. It gets warm quickly once the sun comes out!

Now I think I have two rest days due to later evenings. I hope to start getting more weight sessions in though. Going to try to start today after my hair appt.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 Speed demon does look so happy after his run! Love that you have opportunities to take your dogs out for socialization. Sorry your second run didn't turn out so well. But, at least you were out there running and doing much better than I can or ever have.