Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi All~~

It is so good to be home after three weeks of running around.

I don't even want to tell you what the scale said this morning. Yesterday I thought it was totally OK to eat 8 maybe 9 oatmeal pecan cranberry cookies--store made but almost homemade. Friends sent me home with them. Gah.

Although I love you all, I want to say Hey to Eryn. How did you do during the hurricane? I was blessed with no damage and only a bit of a mess with leaves and branches down. How did you do?

*tossing entire self onto lounge chair hoping a Cabana Boy will find me and bring me an umbrella drink and dinner!!*

Lana

245.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

Hey Lana!! Thank you!! We did just fine! After all the scares with the path, we honestly didn’t even get an inch of rain! Just some wind and some rain here and there but nothing like Wilmington, etc got! I’m so glad to hear you did well too!! What a blessing for sure.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hellooo all!

Wanted to check in again before bed today. I made good decisions today, and for that I am proud! Ate well, within calories, and I even got some exercise in! Though I am horribly sore from my Monday workout, I decided not to skip the workouts altogether, but adapt them and do something less intense. I did some weight exercises and some without weights, and did an almost 3 mile walk instead of my run! Proud I did something. I need to get in the habit of moving, period, so this was a good step for me.

Off to bed now! Another busy day tomorrow. I hope everyone has a good one!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Today did well on the calorie count. Did not get any walking in, however. Went to physical therapy to have shoulder worked on, then was a pile of jello the rest of the afternoon. I plan on getting at least a mile of walking tomorrow.
  • jtophinke
    jtophinke Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ErynVee wrote: »
    Hellooo all!

Wanted to check in again before bed today. I made good decisions today, and for that I am proud! Ate well, within calories, and I even got some exercise in! Though I am horribly sore from my Monday workout, I decided not to skip the workouts altogether, but adapt them and do something less intense. I did some weight exercises and some without weights, and did an almost 3 mile walk instead of my run! Proud I did something. I need to get in the habit of moving, period, so this was a good step for me.

Off to bed now! Another busy day tomorrow. I hope everyone has a good one!

Great job! I need to get back to lifting weights again!
  • jtophinke
    Options
    Totally peeved! Walked 10 minutes at lunch then came home and walked another 50ish minutes. Found out about an hour or so before I go to bed that my battery died at like 8 a.m.. 8000 steps short of my stepbet goal and yesterday was my rest day for the week. Guess what I'm doing right now trying to get the last of my steps logged so I don't lose my bet! This is why I have a love hate relationship with technology.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,339 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

New medication side effect is often a rash and luckily it is only a 5 day dosage. Hate when I have to have the side effect to get the benefit.

FB was being weird last night, so luckily whatever it was stopped. Isnt technology grand?

My Sup has the same illness again that kept her out for most of the summer, so once more around the barn.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options

Eryn - So relieved that you also escaped the wrath of that hurricane. What a huge mess for some people.

Sara - Good morning. I wonder what is wrong with your supervisor. It could be anything; she or her spousal unit could be going through some awful treatment for something. You never know. I hope that you find creative ways to deal with however this absence is affecting your job. Hugs.

Waves to everyone else who stops by.

BBL

Lana

242.0 today
    250.0 highest
    222.0 Insane goal for birthday Dec. 16th
    185.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Today did well on the calorie count. Did not get any walking in, however. Went to physical therapy to have shoulder worked on, then was a pile of jello the rest of the afternoon. I plan on getting at least a mile of walking tomorrow.

PT can be a bear sometimes! In a past life I think they were torture chamber staff (: JK. stay tough - all that hard work should pay off. They have done great things for my back and hips!

Lana - now you were hard on yourself about the cookies - put it in the past and move on! Being gone for that long is tough - I am rooting for you and your goal by your birthday!

Wave to all from dreary rainy WI. Couldn't get my walk in this AM. Will walk the halls at work - boring. (:
    Have a great Thursday!
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted in here in a LONG time. Is there a way to see your recent posts in various forum threads? Anyways, I am posting here because I'm ready for my comeback story to begin.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,985 Member
    Options
    I just saw this thread. Can someone define what a serial starter is? I've heard the term on MFP before, but not sure of the exact meaning. Thanks.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Snowflake - August 3, 2019! I might be off a week or so on my countdown, but I think i am pretty close (: Yours?

July 6 2019.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Justin741 wrote: »
    I haven't posted in here in a LONG time. Is there a way to see your recent posts in various forum threads? Anyways, I am posting here because I'm ready for my comeback story to begin.

if you want to follow a thread in the message boards, at the top of the page there is a little star, click on it, it turns yellow. You will then get notifications anytime someone posts.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I just saw this thread. Can someone define what a serial starter is? I've heard the term on MFP before, but not sure of the exact meaning. Thanks.

Someone who has started the weight loss journey more than once. This is my 3rd time losing.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Snowflake /Tracey? thank you for being handy to answer questions, I am hiding from low flying creatures at work.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Just popping in for a second
    I did get in 2 miles of walking today! Now home to bake cookies for a party this weekend. Luckily, I have made these cookie so much over the years that I no longer like them! LOL But everyone just expects me to bring them to any and every gathering. So I oblige.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Found out lady I nominated at work got an award (she was nominated by more than one person) and someone won an honorable mention on the T Shirt contest I entered, the idea was similar to mine but I dont have the software to make it look "perfect" so at least the idea was a good one. So many people at my place of work are looking to leave, Comes in waves.

Dinner became a fried wheat tortilla with fried sweet potato and cheese, not bad for off the cuff.

Air Show through Sunday and dog at Vet all day Sunday, see many dog treats in her future....

Wishing all a good night.
  • jtophinke
    Options
    Finally got up and did yoga this morning!
    3miles successfully logged!
    Ready to sit back and watch TV and maybe relax.....yeah right I'm a Mom there's no way I'll get to relax.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Before my night is done, 2 NSV (non scale victories)

1. I have eaten more Potassium (supplements are expensive) and I do not have the leg cramps (and I have been walking after dinner.
    2. I have not had one bag of potato chips this week.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com/pasta-with-butternut-sauce-spicy/

next recipe I am thinking of trying from Skinnytaste
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Air Show this weekend flying overhead and Dog to Vet, need to make sure dog gets extra treats.

Have grocery list set up to get makings for the above posted recipe and a "bacon swiss spinach strata". We shall see.

Window open and fans on, lower 90's and need to air out a little.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.