JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY Friday, 9/21/18
    1) Log all my food for the day :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having Diet Coke :/
    5) Work on orders from my shop :)
    6) Go to the gym :)
    7) Clean the house :)

JFT Saturday, 9/22/18
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having Diet Coke
    5) Work on orders from my shop
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. AM long run: 20 laps, aim for <50 minutes. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. FINISH week 9. Write blog post. Send in mission support requests for students with significant missing work and/or absences. Take Julius Caesar books to storage. Print socratic seminar papers IF NEEDED. Put essay directions on ipad. Find and download sources. Revise References page. Write recommendation for student and for teacher.
    3. Class 2-3: Socratic Seminars. Staple partner observations to connections paper.
    4. Class 4: Continue with research.
    5. Review assessments. Grade character analysis essays. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block.
    6. Update class websites. Grade Skills Essays. Add twitter handle to blog and university ID. Include as signature?
    7. Groceries. Finish essay if possible. Leave for theater by 7:00.
    8. Prep Sat lunch/dinner. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. Feed cats. Pack lunch/dinner. Brush teeth. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. At park, steps to 10k by 2:30; 22k by end of shift.
    3. No park treat. :(
    4. At park, finish essay. Grade Skills Essays.
    5. Review Weeks 9-10. Grade character analysis essays.
    6. Snack: Halo Top - ONE SERVING. Add "edit stories for CWG" and "send in guidance requests for students with attitude concerns" to Monday's JFT.
    7. Review 'ongoing' notes for ideas. Look for Malala lesson/unit ideas.
    8. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    Today: 186.8

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, creativity, responsibility, optimism - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager.
    12. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    1. Eat when hungry - stop when full :| Stressed, should have eaten sooner
    2. Drink 4 waters at work :)
    3. Grocery list - stop at store :)>:)
    4. Be Kind Bring back inner cheerleader, kick out inner critic. :| still a naggy voice - good news is cheerleader piped up a bit this morning and Im getting out of my own way
    5. Test and chem hot tub >:)
    6. Wash blankets at laundromat :)
    7. Finishing touches on guest house - move ladder, coffee and danish, silverware and cups, make bed, move tv. :)>:) Friend not coming :'( but got some stuff done anyway.

JFT
    1. Eat when hungry - stop when full
    2. Grocery shop - redo meal plan to be a little healthier now that theres more time in the weekend to prep
    3. Hot tub chems
    4. 2 Things off to do list
    5. Log all food
    6. Take meds
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon my fair ladies!

Yesterday was great! It was my last day of work before my vacation and it was the day we observed our 4 year wedding anniversary. I didn't care about food for a single instant yesterday. Lol. I ended up eating like half a dozen fresh specialty donuts from a bakery down the road from the bank. MG bought for them for me! I could go on for hours about how awesome she is and how much I really really like her but that would take up too much time. Just know that she is the total and complete opposite of she who just not be named. It's really nice to have a comfortable work environment. She also bought me lunch (BLT and French fries). And apparently she's getting me something next Monday for my birthday. Lol. She's amazing!

Dinner we went to our favorite little Italian place and I had chicken roasted red pepper vodka. It was amazing! I also bought us cupcakes from a bakery down the street from the bank who is also one of our customers. 😁 It was just a really good day. I went to bed kind of early because I got up at 6 yesterday morning to feed my Godmommy's cat before work. So I was pooped by like 10!

We slept until 11 this morning before I remembered I had to feed the cat again 😆😂 I ran and did that and have been sitting on the couch since.

Today is the first day of a 9 day vacation! We are doing some house stuff and a day trip or two but that's about it. So onto today's goals!

JFT 9-22-18

1. Log all food. Be accountable
    2. Do some laundry
    3. Create shopping list
    4. Start cleaning up the deck
    5. Make something for dinner
    6. No mindless snacking
    7. Do something fun
    8. Bed whenever but remember you're getting up early tomorrow!
  • MLS1582
    MLS1582 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    JFT- Friday
    At 1750 calories, it wasn't a great eating day, but it could have been worse.

JFT - Sat
    1. Log everything
    2. Keep it reasonable
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Recap 9/21 TGIF
    1) Walked dog 2.66 mi 46:01 before work / had to shorten route since another me/alarm fail ~ apparently I forgot to unmute my phone after choir last night & "missed" my alarm / no time for stretching = happy dog :smiley: & ok me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 12,213 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 73 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged, including veggie pizza at BFF's tonight / don't go overboard with friends ~ enjoy 1-2 adult beverages / keep net calories reasonable / 12c water = Did ok, only one (largish) adult beverage... net calories estimated -46, sodium -1,345 (yikes), sugar green (yay), fiber low-ish, protein good & 10c water :neutral: Anyway, it was a fun evening :D
    4) Taking Kitty and dog to vet after lunch for routine visits / last year took hubby and me 3 tries with Kitty / don't stress & have positive attitude that we will get Kitty in carrier = Hubby & I followed our plan so she didn't suspect us, got Kitty on first try (thank you God ~ I'm pretty good at the scruff hold ~ way better than hubby :wink: ) and vet visits done for the year :smiley:

Had a very roller coaster day at work Friday: issued draft report on recently closed project and received some positive feedback for once, then some very negative news ~ due to past mgmt decision, I may not qualify for wage increase. This despite fact I've rec'd every incentive bonus possible in the last two quarters. I'll discuss with manager on Mon. since she was off Fri. ~ out of my control, and I'm trying not to freak over the weekend.

JFT Sat. 9/22
    1) Farmers market: bought lots of yummy produce including my favorite apples, Cortland, fresh salmon, eggs, pears, veggies, and finally got my free loaf of bread from Great Harvest (filled my bread card up). :smiley: Now have all the veggies for pot roast.
    2) Walked dog 3.59 mi 1:02:52 on gorgeous last day of summer = happy dog :sunglasses: & happy me :sunglasses:
    3) Errands w/ hubby (free air in car tires & everything on sale except electrical fixtures we needed ~ I always love when we can get everything on sale :smiley: ). :smiley: Later I assisted him while he replaced double light switches in kitchen ~ we found some very scary wiring inside the wall, probably there since house was built 29 years ago, we're just really glad there hasn't been an electrical fire. :o Hubby was able to figure out screwy wiring & fix properly... tomorrow when he finds his electrical tape, we'll finish up the job.
    4) Belated anniversary dinner (only 1 month later) w/ hubby <3 at Red Lobster & we shared dessert ~ I logged everything, which is surely an NSV. :D Net calories nearly double the usual (very red) & sodium sky-high, but no regrets! :p
    5) Finally balanced bank accounts & remembered to make online payment for cc on day before due ~ whew! :blush:
    6) Prep veggies tonight to go into crockpot before church tomorrow
    7) Bed by 11:00

JFT Sun. 9/23
    1) Put veggies & roast in crockpot for supper
    2) Bible class & church
    3) Walk dog
    4) Packers game on TV noon
    5) Wash dishes
    6) Find & update last weekly weigh-in post
    7) Net calories green & 12c water
    8) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / verify alarm, in bed & TV off 10:30 (walk dog M before work)
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I
    LOVE
    ALL MY
    SISTERS💝🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    ((((((( all )))))))
    Last night I tried to post twice and both times MFP lost my post. Then my phone battery ran out. Please know I was on it and thinking of each of you. <3

JFT Saturday
    1. Water
    2. Water pic
    3. Studio time
    4. Laundry
    5. Movie out?
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30

YOU'RE JUST PEACHES AND CREAM🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈👏👏👏👏🌹💝
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Feed cats. Pack lunch/dinner. Brush teeth. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. At park, steps to 10k by 2:30; 22k by end of shift.
    3. No park treat. :(
    4. At park, finish essay. Grade Skills Essays.
    5. Review Weeks 9-10. Grade character analysis essays.
    6. Snack: Halo Top - ONE SERVING. Add "edit stories for CWG" and "send in guidance requests for students with attitude concerns" to Monday's JFT.
    7. Review 'ongoing' notes for ideas. Look for Malala lesson/unit ideas.
    8. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Sunday
    1. Feed cats. AM park run - 4 miles. Brush teeth. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. FINALIZE AND SUBMIT ESSAY. Review weeks 9-10.
    3. Breast Cancer Awareness event - Grade Skills Essays.
    4. Grade character analysis essays. Meet with B.
    5. Find blog posts to comment on next week.
    6. Dinner: Shrimp! Write blog post.
    7. Input grades. Add to Reflection Responses. Add edit stories for CWG to Monday JFT. Add pack shoes to Monday JFT. Add upload music to Monday JFT. Add send in guidance requests for students with attitude concerns to Monday JFT.
    8. Prep Mon lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    Today: 188

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, creativity, responsibility, optimism - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager.
    12. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Recap 9/21 TGIF
    1) Walked dog 2.66 mi 46:01 before work / had to shorten route since another me/alarm fail ~ apparently I forgot to unmute my phone after choir last night & "missed" my alarm / no time for stretching = happy dog :smiley: & ok me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 12,213 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 73 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged, including veggie pizza at BFF's tonight / don't go overboard with friends ~ enjoy 1-2 adult beverages / keep net calories reasonable / 12c water = Did ok, only one (largish) adult beverage... net calories estimated -46, sodium -1,345 (yikes), sugar green (yay), fiber low-ish, protein good & 10c water :neutral: Anyway, it was a fun evening :D
    4) Taking Kitty and dog to vet after lunch for routine visits / last year took hubby and me 3 tries with Kitty / don't stress & have positive attitude that we will get Kitty in carrier = Hubby & I followed our plan so she didn't suspect us, got Kitty on first try (thank you God ~ I'm pretty good at the scruff hold ~ way better than hubby :wink: ) and vet visits done for the year :smiley:

Had a very roller coaster day at work Friday: issued draft report on recently closed project and received some positive feedback for once, then some very negative news ~ due to past mgmt decision, I may not qualify for wage increase. This despite fact I've rec'd every incentive bonus possible in the last two quarters. I'll discuss with manager on Mon. since she was off Fri. ~ out of my control, and I'm trying not to freak over the weekend.

JFT Sat. 9/22
    1) Farmers market: bought lots of yummy produce including my favorite apples, Cortland, fresh salmon, eggs, pears, veggies, and finally got my free loaf of bread from Great Harvest (filled my bread card up). :smiley: Now have all the veggies for pot roast.
    2) Walked dog 3.59 mi 1:02:52 on gorgeous last day of summer = happy dog :sunglasses: & happy me :sunglasses:
    3) Errands w/ hubby (free air in car tires & everything on sale except electrical fixtures we needed ~ I always love when we can get everything on sale :smiley: ). :smiley: Later I assisted him while he replaced double light switches in kitchen ~ we found some very scary wiring inside the wall, probably there since house was built 29 years ago, we're just really glad there hasn't been an electrical fire. :o Hubby was able to figure out screwy wiring & fix properly... tomorrow when he finds his electrical tape, we'll finish up the job.
    4) Belated anniversary dinner (only 1 month later) w/ hubby <3 at Red Lobster & we shared dessert ~ I logged everything, which is surely an NSV. :D Net calories nearly double the usual (very red) & sodium sky-high, but no regrets! :p
    5) Finally balanced bank accounts & remembered to make online payment for cc on day before due ~ whew! :blush:
    6) Prep veggies tonight to go into crockpot before church tomorrow
    7) Bed by 11:00

JFT Sun. 9/23
    1) Put veggies & roast in crockpot for supper
    2) Bible class & church
    3) Walk dog
    4) Packers game on TV noon
    5) Wash dishes
    6) Find & update last weekly weigh-in post
    7) Net calories green & 12c water
    8) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / verify alarm, in bed & TV off 10:30 (walk dog M before work)

I hope things work out for your wage increase, bad news on a Friday that you have to sit on all weekend always sucks, but it seems you still had a good weekend.
    We are in the same boat with electrical issues. We had to replace all outlets when we moved in here except dryer and stove, we learned last week we should have looked at them too.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    MLS1582 wrote: »
    This is kind of a big update, but posting here really helps hold me accountable. I want you all to have an idea of what's going on, so that you can yell at me if I start slacking! Overall, the last week has gone REALLY well, and I want to keep it up!
    I live rural (no cell service, 45 min drive to nearest grocery - RURAL). Since Hubby got a new job in the city, we have a house there, as well (We'll consolidate and all live there at the end of this school year). For now, we spend weekends there. That means I'm only at the rural house from late Sun to early Fri. The only internet available there is satellite. It sucks and is wicked expensive, so I cancelled it. That means I only have access to MFP from school and from the new house. Most days, I'll pre-track dinner before I leave school and finalize everything the next morning and post my JFT here. I cannot use this as an excuse to quit logging or posting! This is me committing to sticking with it!

JFT - Saturday
    I did log everything, but it came out to about 1900 calories. It's still less than it would have been, had I not been logging.

JFT - Sunday
    1. Log everything (even if it means writing it on paper and updating here once I get to school in the morning)
    2. Keep it under 1400 calories

Just for today, I can make this work and keep my eating reasonable. Maybe tomorrow I'll gorge myself on stupid stuff and turn into a blimp, but Just For Today I'm going to make good choices.

I understand Rural that’s how I grew up, my brother still has no cell service. Pencil and paper is a great idea, buy yourself a little notebook to keep with you. The first time I lost weight that’s how I tracked it. You can do it!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Saturday Sept 22
    2L of water - 😕 1.5
    Calories in Green by 150 - 🙂 400
    Only 1 evening snack - 😕 no but I had too many calories left
    5 fruits and veggies- go buy some! - 4/5 and yes
    Finish cleaning - 🙂❤️🙂

JFT - Sunday September 23
    2L of water
    Calories in Maintenance
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Enjoy the day

Fruits and Veggies
    Sept 1st - 0/5
    Sept 2nd - 3/5
    Sept 3rd - 4/5
    Sept 4 - 5/5
    Sept 5 - 5/5
    Sept 6 - 4/5
    Sept 7 - 0/5
    Sept 8 - 1/5
    Sept 9 - 2/5
    Sept 10 - 2/5
    Sept 11 - 3/5
    Sept 12 - 2/5
    Sept 13 - 6/5
    Sept 14 - 3/5
    Sept 15 - 1/5
    Sept 16 - 1/5
    Sept 17 - 2/5
    Sept 18 - 4/5
    Sept 19 - 4/5
    Sept 20 - 1/5
    Sept 21 - 1/5
    Sept 22 - 4/5
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    JFT 9-22-18

1. Log all food. Be accountable 😀 Even the 3 servings of trail mix
    2. Do some laundry 😀
    3. Create shopping list 😀 Kinda of. I didn't add anything for the BBQ yet.
    4. Start cleaning up the deck 😀 My first day of vacation and we worked outside for an hour!
    5. Make something for dinner 😀 Turkey burgers
    6. No mindless snacking 😭 Trail mix attack in the evening
    7. Do something fun😀 Spent the evening listen to our favorite podcast and hanging out. It's nice.
    8. Bed whenever but remember you're getting up early tomorrow!😀I was in bed with the light off by 1030... Lol.

JFT, 9-23-18

1. Log all food. Be accountable
    2. Weigh in
    3. Make dinner
    4. A yoga video
    5. Spend the day relaxing
    6. Bed whenever.

A super simple day. It's rainy and cold so we're gonna spend the day in the couch listening to the podcast. Lol.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Hi all I’m way behind but hope everyone is doing ok and I will try and catch up later.

I’ve had a rough few days. My sister had her scheduled double mastectomy with reconstruction on Friday. I stayed at my boyfriend’s place on Thursday night as he is quite close to the hospital and started Friday well with a walk 3.5 miles to be there for 7:30 (I figured I’d be sitting around for much of the day so may as well get some outside activity while I could do got up at 5:30 to squeeze it in). We waited hours and hours and she was eventually taken into theatre at around 2pm. I was on my own until she woke up around 6pm. Thereafter was a bit of a disaster as something had gone wrong and she only had one implant and was confused and upset and no one could answer any questions as the consultant had gone home.

It’s a very long story but to cut it short, she will hopefully be fixable cosmetically but will require more surgery further down the line. We will get results and hopefully an all-clear next monday.

We are all exhausted. I was there 16 hours Friday, 13 hours yesterday. My mother has been working herself into the ground looking after our kids, my niece who has disabilities got taken ill at one point yesterday, and I seem to have fallen out with my boyfriend who has not been the most supportive.

I’ve barely slept and eaten nothing but junk and I feel physically and emotionally wrecked. Can’t believe I have to go to work tomorrow. But all of that pales in comparison to what my sister is going through.

So all I can do is put my big girl pants on, try and get a good night’s sleep tonight and eat well and hydrate tomorrow so I can be as strong as possible. I will not get on the scales until I feel mentally stronger. I don’t want to know what damage I’ve done!

Thanks for reading if you made it this far. Lots of love to you all. Tomorrow is a new day xx

I don’t think there are words to help at this time. Just know I’m thinking if you and your family.