Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Replies

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Mostly just people who will talk for 20mins, do 1 set, talk another 20mins, pull out cell phone/play video, etc.
    Seated calf raise machine esp. & leg equipment in general seem to take the most abuse from people relaxing on, marking territory, laying stuff on
  • domf_0105
    domf_0105 Posts: 75 Member
    People who don’t re-rack their weights and just leave them all over the place. Pisses me off.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Mostly just people who will talk for 20mins, do 1 set, talk another 20mins, pull out cell phone/play video, etc.
    Seated calf raise machine esp. & leg equipment in general seem to take the most abuse from people relaxing on, marking territory, laying stuff on

with those folks, I usually just ask to work in.

they at least have to stop staring at their phone to answer me.

sometimes I don't even want to do a set, I just want to free up the space for others.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    Just make yourself at f*ucking home

hbb2az1pp1zs.jpg

We have a UNISEX shower facility at work (single shower, simple towel rack and a sink) and there is a dude that would do that daily. He eventually had a mountain of sweaty laundry on the floor. What is wrong with people?

Kick his stuff off the bench.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I don't belong to a gym. Here's 27 reasons why. 😁
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited September 2018
    Just make yourself at f*ucking home

hbb2az1pp1zs.jpg

Kick his stuff out the locker. If someone asks, just say the janitor put it there lol
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I really hate it when people drive on the roads I need to cross. I mean, really, I'm running here!
    https://youtu.be/cy46iOwWQiE
  • mazurkiepolish
    mazurkiepolish Posts: 363 Member
    When I go to touch a machine and it’s covered in sweat.

Another one is when all I can hear are people dropping weights. Why can you just place them on the floor? Why do you have to drop them?
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    Oh when ladies treat the locker room like a meeting spot & there is a group of 10 women just sitting there on the benches on their phones & chatting away with each other leaning back on the lockers so people have to maneuver around them to get their stuff.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    When I go to touch a machine and it’s covered in sweat.

Another one is when all I can hear are people dropping weights. Why can you just place them on the floor? Why do you have to drop them?

Because only the coolest guys drop their weights lol! Funny how Women never have issues just placing them down normally. At least at my gym.
  • Being asked if they can have my babies...can't you see I'm busy? Dannnnnng!

Ridiculous! We all know men can't multitask ;)
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    I agree with all other posts about gym etiquette but I do have a very specific thing that annoyed me that happened years ago at a gym in another city I don't even live in anymore.
    I used to teach step aerobics, and the gym had some floor matts, the thick foam kind, almost styrofoam texture that can't be rolled up. They were NOT yoga mats. The aerobics teachers typically had students to use them at the end of class for an work. They were also cleaned after use in class.
    We also had a yoga class on the regular (no extra fees on top of regular gym fees) schedule. That particular gym DID NOT provide yoga mats.
    The yoga instructor actually complained to gym management that the other instructors were allowing people to use those mats as well and that her students did not want us to do that because we wear shoes on the mats that some of the yoga participants used...
    Really? 1)Those mats weren't even yoga mats so if you want to come to yoga buy a proper yoga mat or deal with the fact that you aren't the only one allowed to use the mats 2)Step, kickboxing, boot camp students etc pay the same gym fee as the yoga students, so they should have equal access to the equipment. If it had been a separate program with extra fees, then restricting equipment to just that class would not have been uncalled for, but that wasn't the case.
    Not knocking yoga because I do it all the time but with mats that I bought myself, and I certainly wouldn't expect to have general gym equipment use taken away from someone else to keep me from having to buy my own mat. It's the entitlement that I found annoying.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    sarjenki wrote: »
    I agree with all other posts about gym etiquette but I do have a very specific thing that annoyed me that happened years ago at a gym in another city I don't even live in anymore.
    I used to teach step aerobics, and the gym had some floor matts, the thick foam kind, almost styrofoam texture that can't be rolled up. They were NOT yoga mats. The aerobics teachers typically had students to use them at the end of class for an work. They were also cleaned after use in class.
    We also had a yoga class on the regular (no extra fees on top of regular gym fees) schedule. That particular gym DID NOT provide yoga mats.
    The yoga instructor actually complained to gym management that the other instructors were allowing people to use those mats as well and that her students did not want us to do that because we wear shoes on the mats that some of the yoga participants used...
    Really? 1)Those mats weren't even yoga mats so if you want to come to yoga buy a proper yoga mat or deal with the fact that you aren't the only one allowed to use the mats 2)Step, kickboxing, boot camp students etc pay the same gym fee as the yoga students, so they should have equal access to the equipment. If it had been a separate program with extra fees, then restricting equipment to just that class would not have been uncalled for, but that wasn't the case.
    Not knocking yoga because I do it all the time but with mats that I bought myself, and I certainly wouldn't expect to have general gym equipment use taken away from someone else to keep me from having to buy my own mat. It's the entitlement that I found annoying.

Passive Aggressive Yoga ?

..... I suppose there's a market for most everything.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    sarjenki wrote: »

Passive Aggressive Yoga ?

..... I suppose there's a market for most everything.

Lol. I suppose so.
    As far as specialty markets, I find Goat Yoga to be a lot more fun than "Passive Agressive"
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    When someone flexes I front of the mirrors after lifting a 20lb Bell
    Strong af 😆
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    go_cubs wrote: »
    Strong af 😆

Hey.....i didnt think you saw that ;)
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Have any of you ever used a machine and have someone straight away ask, how many. Sets left? So many experts in the gym come running to tell you how to do the exercise? Stalking people stand in front of you and stare?

So many machines /bench have dripping sweat all over and no one wipes after use. Anyone else had those issues?

Yes!! I relate to that with the questions and feeling rushed. Or they wait with their arms crossed and stand in front of you. Entitled mothas. Good news though I pretty much made my own gym at home. Bought an elliptical, treadmill and dumbbells so far.

• go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    go_cubs wrote: »
    Strong af 😆

Hey.....i didnt think you saw that ;)

Oh I seeent it !