Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Replies

• joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Being asked if they can have my babies...can't you see I'm busy? Dannnnnng!

Ridiculous! We all know men can't multitask ;)

@bulletwithbutterflywings Exactly Dee! I can hardly walk and talk simultaneously!
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Have any of you ever used a machine and have someone straight away ask, how many. Sets left? So many experts in the gym come running to tell you how to do the exercise? Stalking people stand in front of you and stare?

So many machines /bench have dripping sweat all over and no one wipes after use. Anyone else had those issues?

Yes!! I relate to that with the questions and feeling rushed. Or they wait with their arms crossed and stand in front of you. Entitled mothas. Good news though I pretty much made my own gym at home. Bought an elliptical, treadmill and dumbbells so far.

I know, standing with their arms crossed. Lol i tried ignoring but some have the nerve to tap on my shoulders with their sweaty hands. No one should touch anyone in any kind of way.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Oh I have loads - its how I entertain myself whilst working out!
    - sitting on bench/machine and playing with mobile phone
    - sitting on bench/machine and chatting
    - dropping weights from a great height
    - leaving stuff on a bench while they go off and use other machines/whatever
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    people doing supersets and hogging several pieces of equipment at the same time. People who hog the squat rack for an excessive amount of time (like I've literally been at the gym for 40+ minutes and the same person was using the squat rack the entire time.) Have some common courtesy. You don't need a squat rack to do bicep curls JFC.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    people doing supersets and hogging several pieces of equipment at the same time. People who hog the squat rack for an excessive amount of time (like I've literally been at the gym for 40+ minutes and the same person was using the squat rack the entire time.) Have some common courtesy. You don't need a squat rack to do bicep curls JFC.

See now that could be me, but the rack I use is also suitable to be set up for benching. Both my squat and bench workout take longer than half an hour and at one point I only had 2 days a week where I could hit the gym, so would spend upwards of an hour using the rack.
    Funnily enough no one ever complained, and I never complained if someone else was using the rack. I either found someone to spot me on the bench, or asked to work in or found something else to do. Mind I have my regular times that I'm in the gym, it's a local place in a village/small town and everyone knew is be in there at that time.
  • joemac1988 wrote: »

@bulletwithbutterflywings Exactly Dee! I can hardly walk and talk simultaneously!

Try doin' it in heels with a baby on your hip...in the snow... uphill both ways! 🤪
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    joemac1988 wrote: »

Try doin' it in heels with a baby on your hip...in the snow... uphill both ways! 🤪

@bulletwithbutterflywings Who am I talking to? What are we talking about? Whose baby is it? How many inch heel? Are they open toe? Where am I going? How steep is the hill? I have so many questions.
  • joemac1988 wrote: »
    joemac1988 wrote: »

@bulletwithbutterflywings Who am I talking to? What are we talking about? Whose baby is it? How many inch heel? Are they open toe? Where am I going? How steep is the hill? I have so many questions.

How the heck should I know Joe? It's your life.... Sooooo much pressure!
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Geardo peeps with all the gloves, wraps, belt, etc... on the cardio equipment.
    Prissy Pants all dolled up in the gym.
    The interrupter
    The hey Im not done with that yet........
    The ones on the cardio eqpt whom go for an hour, make it a mile, only thing drained is there cell battery.
    Chatty Charlie / Kathy its the gym not social hour

Now that being said, I will gladly help someone, or if i see someone doing something unsafe I will offer a suggestion or assistance.

I guess Im Safety Stan guy..... haha
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »

I know exactly what you mean. Some people take so many different dumbbells or machines and say, im using them. Even the squat rack/even the smith machine.

The worst is when its busy.
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    For me its when I'm trying to concentrate and someone keeps talking. I dont mind saying hi in between. Also when ppl watch it makes me uncomfortable. I don't like ppl not sharing the equipment and leaving it sweaty for the next person. yuck
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Have any of you ever used a machine and have someone straight away ask, how many. Sets left? So many experts in the gym come running to tell you how to do the exercise? Stalking people stand in front of you and stare?

So many machines /bench have dripping sweat all over and no one wipes after use. Anyone else had those issues?

Yes!! I relate to that with the questions and feeling rushed. Or they wait with their arms crossed and stand in front of you. Entitled mothas. Good news though I pretty much made my own gym at home. Bought an elliptical, treadmill and dumbbells so far.

I know, standing with their arms crossed. Lol i tried ignoring but some have the nerve to tap on my shoulders with their sweaty hands. No one should touch anyone in any kind of way.

OMG. If anybody touched me, I'd probably go berserk. I can't stand strangers touching me! :o:s:#
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    ...When I got up and finished, I overheard them say, "if she even is a woman." One of the muscular dudes jumped up and loudly defended me saying, "some people don't know how long someone has been working on at this and what is possible!" I was cool about it, because I'm very feminine looking, so I knew they knew I was a woman, and they were just trying to calm their hurt egos.

LOL. This reminds me of a young, not-so-fit couple who were working out near me a couple of months ago. The woman was facing away and couldn't see me. They were giggling about something. They thought they were being quiet, but their voices carried. The woman was complaining about how this weight training stuff just isn't for her. "You get all muscle-y and everything." They continued on with their conversation.

A minute later I heard him say, "There's one of them now." I was resting in between sets. When I rest, I do stretches. I looked up from my stretch to see who the guy was talking about. I got eye contact and he looks away and tells his girl "Never mind! Don't look, don't look!" The woman says, "Eew. How BAD is it?" He responds, "Not too bad. She's pretty proportional, actually." I was the only "she" around, so I knew they were talking about me. Which is hilarious, since I'm not built. I couldn't help but smirk. After a few half-hearted attempts to move weights around, they wandered away. I don't know if she ever got a good look at me, because I got distracted by a really good song coming on and I was busy doing stuff. I hope she wasn't too grossed out by my fit body. LOL.

I was surprised by this, since I've never actually heard people talking smack about others in real life in the gym before. I think it's more a reflection on them than anything. I could have been offended, but I took it more as a compliment, because I am rather well-proportioned. He's not wrong. ;)

• St4rFire
    St4rFire Posts: 236 Member
    Existing.