JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @Basilin @Bex953172 Thank you for the encouragement! I ended up finding my old external hard drive and looking at some old stories that I had been working on years ago. It didnt really stir anything but it was nice to go back and look at the things I did when I was good.

So yesterday was a total bust! Flo came for a visit yesterday afternoon so that through a wrench in my vacation plans ;) It also made me pretty sad although it also explains another reason why I have been down the last week. I ended up eating candy and popcorn for dinner :# Totally ate my feelings. I just needed comfort yesterday. But I shouldn't have tried to find it in junk food. It didnt help anyway.

But today is already looking better. I got up at a reasonable time without the help of the alarm clock. I'm sitting here drinking my first cup of coffee of the morning and thinking of you all. You all make me feel so happy. So full of life and contentment. I love that I get to share my life with you. I've never been a big Facebook person. I dont have a Twitter or Snapchat. This is my social media. I dont care that I've never "met" any of you. You guys are closer to me than a lot of other people. I love that we laugh, cry and rejoice together. Thank you all for being here and for "listening" and sharing your life with me! It is a great honor.

Okay! Enough sentimentality.

JFT, 9-24-18

1. Log all food! Be accountable!
    2. Drink lots of water to wash out the salt and sugar!
    3. Take out trash
    4. Go food shopping!
    5. Talk about prep for the BBQ w/ Matt
    6. Put something in the crockpot
    7. Transfer chicken to freezer
    8. Dinner/Dishes
    9. Bed whenever!

AWWWW GIRRRRL!!! YOU'RE GOSH GOLLY GEE TERRIFIC!!!🙋♎⭐🌟❇✨❇🌠🌠😀
    I LOVE YOU BIG OL BUNCHES💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🌹😇
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,776 Member
    Options
    KeriA wrote: »
    How did I miss this thread. It is just what I have been looking for all year. However it is nearer the end of the year and so I want to ask if you would mind me joining so late in the year? Also I am finally taking my yearly vacation next week and will be without WiFi for most of 9 days starting the end of next week. However I am working hard to continue to make progress this next week and while away.

Just a bit about my weight loss journey. I lost about 20 pounds on here when I 1st joined then hit an impossible wall. I did everything to get through it. I ate less. I exercised more and I did both. I changed up my diet and my exercise. All the things people recommend but they didn't work. It turned out that although I had set my loss for just 1 pound a week I was eating below my BMR and that was the problem. I lost my next 20 pounds by eating more. I took a break and got to my TDEE and stayed there before lowering but eating more than what I had when I lost the 1st 20 pounds. This was all during the economic downturn and I had a lot more time to exercise daily. Then I started getting job offers and went back to work until I had 2 on-call jobs. I gained the weight back with concentrating on jobs and having less time not to mention commutes and no constant schedule. I have been working at a real job for the last 2+ years that I love. I stopped the weight gain and thought I had it turned in the right direction. Then my scale stopped working and my new scale showed me back up so I have spent this month stopping the scale again and getting it going down yet again. I am back to where I generally weighed with my new scale but not to where I thought my recent low was. That is my weekly goal now.
    • So I am pretty good at logging.
    • I weigh daily. My weight fluctuates a lot.
    • My problem is getting in more exercise, (I go to aquafit 3 days a week)
    • upping water and
    • tweeking my meals. Eating healthier not just keeping the calories at my goal. For now I am eating less calories but plan to take a rest and get on a smaller deficit for the long run once I start to make progress losing.

How did you go about figuring this out? Did you use a certain calculator different from MFP's?
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Hidie Ho Sisters! Hope your day is going well so far.
    I have no "fires" so to speak, to put out today. Here in Cornelius, North Carolina... It finally has a slight feel of fall. The wind is blowing, and it's cloudy. A relief from the high temperatures.... Ahhhh☺
    I am working at relaxing. Lol…. Relaxing doesn't come easy to me. Not complaining, stating a fact.
    Today's Inspiration: "DO DIFFERENT, GET DIFFERENT RESULTS"...
    TODAY I WILL GLADLY EAT FRUIT.. FRUIT IS MY NEW DESSERT.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT
    1. Eat when hungry - stop when full :| overate dessert last night
    2. Grocery shop - redo meal plan to be a little healthier now that theres more time in the weekend to prep >:) grocery store on a Sunday sounded like torture.
    3. Hot tub chems :)
    4. 2 Things off to do list :) very productive weekend
    5. Log all food :)
    6. Take meds >:)

JFT
    1. Eat when hungry - stop when full
    2. Eat packed lunch
    3. Meal plan, grocery shop
    4. Pick up craigslist kuerig @ 5
    5. Take meds
    @AJB1014 ...JUST WANTED TO INDIVIDUALLY SAY I LOVE YOU! I ALWAYS SAY I LOVE YOU COLLECTIVELY AS A GROUP THOUGH... LMBO...
    I should totally be thinner in my butt as much as I laugh it off, don't you think😂😂😂
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Been off this for a little while, just feeling very low in motivation and things have got a little on top of me.

Work is getting stupidly busy again and I'm feeling trapped because I'm not getting anywhere with my career planning. I have thought several times about chucking my job, in order to restore my mental sanity and give myself a bit of space to actually think and apply for jobs. We could manage for a little while if I did. But I'm not sure it's a good idea overall. I haven't been especially productive on my 'career planning' days off so I'm not sure having lots more of them would help much. And I'm not sure I would look that good to potential employers, it would look like I couldn't hack the pressure (which is true). Plus on many days I do still like my job... So it is a bit of a dilemma.

Have also been feeling a bit despairing about what's going on in politics in the country. It feels like the country is going to hell in a handbasket and there is nothing I can do about it. I'm sure the answer to this is to stop worrying about things I can't control, but it is very difficult to do this when the stuff that's going on is very likely to directly affect me. My boyfriend is French and works for a big European company that is very likely to relocate abroad if a messy Brexit goes ahead. For example, if there is a 'no deal' Brexit, they would definitely move and his right to stay in the country would disappear overnight (though I think it's unlikely that the Government wouldn't do something to rectify those rights quickly, it would be chaos otherwise as there are 3 million EU citizens in the UK).

This uncertainty is messing with the career planning I mentioned above as it makes me feel that there is no point in making plans until we know what the h*ll is going to happen with his job and immigration status.

It's also making me feel like I really have to put effort into my French as who knows, I might have to move there in six months. But I feel like I have no energy to do that on top of everything else. And I'm worried because I'm starting a proper exam course in a week and have done very little for it, and the last time I did an intensive French course I had to give up because I couldn't cope with doing it on top of work. And work is no better now than it was then.

Anyway, sorry for the massive moan. I'm going to stop feeling sorry for myself now as this won't help anything!

I am totally in for the 'getting a*se moving for Thanksgiving' challenge. Thanksgiving doesn't really mean much for me :smile: But I want to lose 11.5 lb by the end of the year, so Thanksgiving will be a good marker to aim for. By that time I should be nearly there (particularly seeing as December is always tricky for weight loss). So let's say I'll aim for 8lb loss at least (156 weight).

Simple goals for today:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - No alcohol
    - Spend some time on career planning
    - Do a little work on French
    - Make a plan for when I'm going to do French
    - Do exercise DVD
    - DO NOT READ THE NEWS

You sound like you just need a hug and a good cry! I agree with you that trying to find another job while unemployed isn't the ideal situation. I have always heard that it's easier to find a job when you are employed. I hope that you can do something about the stress at your current job though, this much stress isn't healthy for anyone.

I don't read the news anymore, haven't for years because it's all so depressing. It sounds like you need to take a break from it for a bit.

Hugs to you.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT
    1. Eat when hungry - stop when full :| overate dessert last night
    2. Grocery shop - redo meal plan to be a little healthier now that theres more time in the weekend to prep >:) grocery store on a Sunday sounded like torture.
    3. Hot tub chems :)
    4. 2 Things off to do list :) very productive weekend
    5. Log all food :)
    6. Take meds >:)

JFT
    1. Eat when hungry - stop when full
    2. Eat packed lunch
    3. Meal plan, grocery shop
    4. Pick up craigslist kuerig @ 5
    5. Take meds
    @AJB1014 ...JUST WANTED TO INDIVIDUALLY SAY I LOVE YOU! I ALWAYS SAY I LOVE YOU COLLECTIVELY AS A GROUP THOUGH... LMBO...
    I should totally be thinner in my butt as much as I laugh it off, don't you think😂😂😂

LOL! Love you, Mary! Have an awesome day!!! <3
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @Basilin @Bex953172 Thank you for the encouragement! I ended up finding my old external hard drive and looking at some old stories that I had been working on years ago. It didnt really stir anything but it was nice to go back and look at the things I did when I was good.

So yesterday was a total bust! Flo came for a visit yesterday afternoon so that through a wrench in my vacation plans ;) It also made me pretty sad although it also explains another reason why I have been down the last week. I ended up eating candy and popcorn for dinner :# Totally ate my feelings. I just needed comfort yesterday. But I shouldn't have tried to find it in junk food. It didnt help anyway.

But today is already looking better. I got up at a reasonable time without the help of the alarm clock. I'm sitting here drinking my first cup of coffee of the morning and thinking of you all. You all make me feel so happy. So full of life and contentment. I love that I get to share my life with you. I've never been a big Facebook person. I dont have a Twitter or Snapchat. This is my social media. I dont care that I've never "met" any of you. You guys are closer to me than a lot of other people. I love that we laugh, cry and rejoice together. Thank you all for being here and for "listening" and sharing your life with me! It is a great honor.

Okay! Enough sentimentality.

JFT, 9-24-18

1. Log all food! Be accountable!
    2. Drink lots of water to wash out the salt and sugar!
    3. Take out trash
    4. Go food shopping!
    5. Talk about prep for the BBQ w/ Matt
    6. Put something in the crockpot
    7. Transfer chicken to freezer
    8. Dinner/Dishes
    9. Bed whenever!

Love you, Hannah! We seem to have started cycling together I've noticed - I got a good laugh because its funny that it happens with people I "spend so much time with" ON THE INTERNET. But I'm really feeling for you thru these days of hoping for a positive test and praying for you guys. Enjoy your time off and Happy (belated/early? - I'm all mixed up on my days sorry!) birthday!!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    My day has been awful. I have been eating my feelings. I hate everything. Well, not everything. Just lots of things. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go have some vodka.

Oh no sorry its been so rubbish!

I'll join you with a vodka if you fancy :D
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    My day has been awful. I have been eating my feelings. I hate everything. Well, not everything. Just lots of things. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go have some vodka.

Enjoy that vodka, it sounds like you need it or two... Hope your evening is better.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    At least I'm having it with Crystal Lite? ;D
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Recap Sun. 9/23
    1) Put veggies & roast in crockpot for supper :smiley: & thanks to hubby for peeling veggies the night before, definitely helped w/ prep time :smiley: This was rare for him, so I let him know I really appreciated his help. <3 He grew up w/ older mother (born 1916) from the rural south, and she thought all cooking chores belonged to women. :#
    2) Bible class & church :smiley:
    3) Walk dog = 4.04 mi 1:05:48 happy dog :sunglasses: & happy me :sunglasses: Fitbit 14,799 steps, 250+ steps 9/14 & 60 floors :smiley:
    4) Packers game on TV noon >:) team played like crap
    5) Wash dishes :( After game, assisted hubby to finish electrical hook-up of double switches. Earlier, before church, since switch on one side of kitchen didn't work, I figured out we needed different switch, so on way home, bought new 3-way switch. Hubby had the task of figuring out which wires connected where, for the fan/light and kitchen light with dual switches... due to scary, screwy way it had been wired before, took him forever, and lots of trips to basement circuit breaker, but he did it! <3 3+ hours later! :o At 1 hour, I was ready to call the electrician. :D
    6) Find & update last weekly weigh-in post :/ maybe Mon. or Tues.
    7) Net calories green & 12c water = Net calories green (yay :smiley: ), sodium -828 (ack), sugar -2, fiber & protein ok, 10c water :|
    8) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :s / retainers :s / verify alarm, in bed & TV off 10:30 :smiley: (walk dog M before work)

JFT M 9/24
    1) Walked dog before work 3.61 mi 1:01:53 & stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Talk w/ manager about my possible ineligibility for wage increase ~ be humble & respectful & polite = Early afternoon finally got chance to discuss w/ boss lady ~ she had no idea of rules change, and impact that her past decision would have :o ~ she seemed genuine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. She will look into & get back to me. I thanked her ~ it's all I could ask for at this point, and I did what I could by bringing topic up. At least the knot inside me is not so bad. @snowflake1968 thanks for your support!
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    4) Prelog meals & snacks when have a chance / net calories green / 12c water
    5) Evening: deadhead roses / Schwan's delivery / 1 load laundry / put birdseed in plastic bins / prep birdseed order & car license renewal for mailing / finish washing dishes (some done before work)
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / verify alarm, in bed & TV off 10:20 (walk dog before work weather-permitting)

I'll catch up reading everyone's posts later, but for now, HUGS to everyone!!! <3