What I Hate About Watching My Weight/New Lifestyle/Dieting, etc. (A Place to Vent)

Options

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    xmarye wrote: »
    That I can’t eat a pint of Ben and Jerry’s every night. I sooooo want to!

@quiksylver296 Well there are diet ones like Halo Top that is delicious! Around 300cals for the whole pint. I love them ♥

Yeah. I know. My freezer's full of them. They still aren't B&J's The Tonight Dough. :/

Not even close!
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    I also hate that I looked up the calorie count for Thrashers Fries (a boardwalk tradition since 1939) and Grottos pizza (the legendary taste of the Delaware shore). Why can't I just enjoy the last beach trip!!!

Don't forget an orange vanilla swirl cone at Kohr Bros. It's right by Thrashers, and part of the experience.
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    skram01 wrote: »
    I'm going to put this here today. Sorry about the shouting.

Oh my God. I'm about to take on this old dude at the gym. I'm just trying to dig deep today. I'm trying to find the will to exercise today. Baby steps day. I make into the gym. I'm just *kitten* walking towards the locker room and he tells me to smile. No dude. No. *kitten* you. I don't have to smile. Smile doesn't equal happy, it doesn't equal pretty, and I don't have to smile to be either of those things and I sure as hell am not going to smile for you.

I hate that some days I struggle just to make it into the gym. I hate that some days, dudes think they have a say over what I do with my body. Nope. I know I'm an intense person. I know I have at resting *kitten* face. That doesn't change the fact that I LOVE MYSELF AND I WILL SMILE WHEN THE *kitten* I WANT.

You need this! ;)

aprujofikmwv.jpg

I do need this. That's making it to the shopping list.

Oh my God. I'm about to take on this old dude at the gym. I'm just trying to dig deep today. I'm trying to find the will to exercise today. Baby steps day. I make into the gym. I'm just *kitten* walking towards the locker room and he tells me to smile. No dude. No. *kitten* you. I don't have to smile. Smile doesn't equal happy, it doesn't equal pretty, and I don't have to smile to be either of those things and I sure as hell am not going to smile for you.

I hate that some days I struggle just to make it into the gym. I hate that some days, dudes think they have a say over what I do with my body. Nope. I know I'm an intense person. I know I have at resting *kitten* face. That doesn't change the fact that I LOVE MYSELF AND I WILL SMILE WHEN THE *kitten* I WANT.

Say "mind your own business" in the coldest tone you can muster.

If I weren't running late. Next time!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    xmarye wrote: »
    That I can’t eat a pint of Ben and Jerry’s every night. I sooooo want to!

@quiksylver296 Well there are diet ones like Halo Top that is delicious! Around 300cals for the whole pint. I love them ♥

I tried the strawberry cheesecake Enlightened this week - is good. Gooooood.

Bananas Foster is my FAV!!!!

My favorite is Chocolate Peanut Butter!
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    CCgal2018 wrote: »

That sounds deeply annoying and super cringy. Talk about stepping over boundaries! It’s annoying enough when people make unwanted conversation at the gym, let alone try to regulate your emotions?! Oh *kitten* no! I’d be given him the side eye Lol. I had one of the gym employees trying to “pump me up” one day and it was literally all I could do to keep from walking back out. I’m like “I’m here. That’s good enough.... goodbye”

Is it deeply annoying and cringy when a cashier or waiter says have a great day or someone says good morning? Same thing.

The person wasn't talking to her in the middle of a set, she was walking in the place.
    No, it isn't. Let's assume for the sake of argument that you are a heterosexual man:

One morning, you wake up feeling hellish. On the way to the bathroom, you discover, with your bare foot, that the cat has thrown up on the carpet again. You clean that up and head into to the kitchen, where you discover that you're out of coffee. You re-use yesterday's grounds, get something together for breakfast, and head out the door with your gym bag - come what may, you are going to get to the gym this morning, *kitten* *kitten* it!

The "what may" that "comes" is the first blustery rainstorm of fall. Leaves are blowing off the trees and into the gutters, where they clog drains and flood the streets. You battle the storm and traffic to the gym, find a parking space on the far side of the lot, and finally make your way into the building. You're wiping your feet and shaking the water out of your eyes when some guy in the lobby half-grins, half-leers at you and says: "Hey, c'mon - give us a smile! A nice guy like you shouldn't be going around with a smile!"

1) It's not the same as a cashier wishing you a good morning.

b) Rule of thumb: if a man saying something to a heterosexual man would come across as a homosexually inappropriate remark, then a man saying that same thing to a woman constitutes a sexually inappropriate remark.

The poster that brought up.the smile thing didn't mention anything about the guy leering at her, mentioning anything about her appearance.

I would not get all hot and bothered if someone regardless of sexual orientation greeted me with a come on smile comment in passing at the gym.

Might find it hard to smile if just lost a loved one, but most likely not at the gym either.

I get the smile comment a lot because I have had Resting Mean Face since childhood, and I usually wound up from the immense amount of stress I'm under daily. So I might be managing my best smile or smiling on the inside. On the other hand, I was walking down the street in a tough neighborhood with a little smile, obviously happy about something in my musings. Then this woman yells at me "what the *kitten* are you smiling for". RMF can definitely be a protection. Too many crazies in my vicinity.