JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,477 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 LOL! I wondered if you took your dog for a walk today before work. Maddie woke me up at 5:45 and it was dark and cold and blowing so hard out there that I decided no walk for her this morning, but I did think of you. I thought for sure you would have slept in! :wink:

I would have skipped but we've missed so many days recently because of rain! We had all our LED & reflective gear on because we leave an hour before sunrise. And Sat. I'm walking in a 5K event, so Cayenne (dog) is sure to be very sad when I leave the house. I love that Maddie is having such a good life with you, and helping motivate you to walk. Which dog park? The one off FF/Mason?
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB how is the next stage of the quilt coming along!
    Glad you're having such a good time with Maddie! Do you have a pic? :)
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @PackerFanInGB how is the next stage of the quilt coming along!
    Glad you're having such a good time with Maddie! Do you have a pic? :)

Yes! A cute Maddie Dog picture is definitely needed!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 - I had said that I would post my weight on Wednesday's for my 7 day average and then I forgot to do it yesterday.

My weekly weigh in for October 10th - 181.8 - This is exactly the same as the week before. Considering all of the stuff I ate for Thanksgiving and such I'll take it.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I am having a truly miserable day at work today. As you all know I have been pressured into trying to sell business when I have been nothing but honest since before I was hired that I was not a salesperson.

I have not been successful in getting business at all! We are not even getting requests for quotes. Last week we lost our last remaining guard coverage contract, we still have a mobile patrol/alarm account and that is it. I was told last week that I need to think about what to do with our mobile department as we cannot continue to have staff 24 hours a day without revenue to support it. We are losing approximately 18000/month. This does not include my wages, fuel costs for the vehicles, insurance, power, heat, etc. My suggestion was to get rid of the one remaining mobile patrol/alarm account and lay off the 4 staff that this would affect.

My boss has been away on holidays so I hadn't sent my email with my suggestion to him as I was waiting on his return today. Today that client went out to tender, they had told us in the Spring that it would be going out in the Fall before the contract ends. I receive a terrible email from him asking why I hadn't been informed they were going out to tender, and what am I doing to get more business here. I actually called him to talk to him instead of trying to do it through email and he ended up hanging up on me. I told him I was doing what I could to get business but I didn't know what more I should be doing. I also told him about actually not submitting a tender for the contract and saving money that way. At least we would be only losing about 5000 a month at that point. He told me he doesn't think I am treating this as if it's my own business which is what he wants and hung up on me.

I am stuck as to what to do. I really think I should start looking for other work, but my only vehicle is the company vehicle that comes with this job. I'm hoping that his mood changes and he sees that I am suggesting what is best for the company. If they close the branch I will at least have EI, if I quit I get nothing.

Ugh! Sorry for the vent!

Don't apologize for reaching out... My dear Sister you're carrying a heavy load which would be a strain on any one of us. I'm thankful that you did share and that this is a great place to vent. My apologies that I can't offer you a helpful solution at this time, however, since we have been presented with this information, I will do what I believe and that is to pray and ask for wisdom in this matter. I have confidence in prayer and in the other ladies who have known you longer to assist you.
    Teddy Bear Hugs from me for now love💖🙏(((HUG)))
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,200 Member
    Options
    I am having a truly miserable day at work today. As you all know I have been pressured into trying to sell business when I have been nothing but honest since before I was hired that I was not a salesperson.

I have not been successful in getting business at all! We are not even getting requests for quotes. Last week we lost our last remaining guard coverage contract, we still have a mobile patrol/alarm account and that is it. I was told last week that I need to think about what to do with our mobile department as we cannot continue to have staff 24 hours a day without revenue to support it. We are losing approximately 18000/month. This does not include my wages, fuel costs for the vehicles, insurance, power, heat, etc. My suggestion was to get rid of the one remaining mobile patrol/alarm account and lay off the 4 staff that this would affect.

My boss has been away on holidays so I hadn't sent my email with my suggestion to him as I was waiting on his return today. Today that client went out to tender, they had told us in the Spring that it would be going out in the Fall before the contract ends. I receive a terrible email from him asking why I hadn't been informed they were going out to tender, and what am I doing to get more business here. I actually called him to talk to him instead of trying to do it through email and he ended up hanging up on me. I told him I was doing what I could to get business but I didn't know what more I should be doing. I also told him about actually not submitting a tender for the contract and saving money that way. At least we would be only losing about 5000 a month at that point. He told me he doesn't think I am treating this as if it's my own business which is what he wants and hung up on me.

I am stuck as to what to do. I really think I should start looking for other work, but my only vehicle is the company vehicle that comes with this job. I'm hoping that his mood changes and he sees that I am suggesting what is best for the company. If they close the branch I will at least have EI, if I quit I get nothing.

Ugh! Sorry for the vent!

You vent all you want ..... I am so sorry this is happening to you. Hopefully things will work out, but in the meantime, I will also say a prayer for you. I remember when you started the job and they wanted you to do things you were not comfortable doing. Hang in there. Hugs.
  • LivYourDream
    LivYourDream Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone ..my first day back in a long time
    JFT....i finished logging all my meals and feel very good about it ...
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

Ugh! Sorry for the vent!

Ugh! Sorry for the vent!

Oh @snowflake1968 that is just so unfair!! I know from your previous posts that you’ve been nothing but upfront with your boss about what your role should be and despite this have still worked really hard on the selling side even though it should have been outside your remit! And they have not helped matters by not even letting you be competitive in tenders. It sounds as though your boss has no idea how to make it a success so is putting all the responsibility and blame on your shoulders and that is unacceptable.

I really think you should start looking for another job. I’m not sure how much you need the vehicle so I can see how this would be a major consideration but this is making you miserable and I don’t think you should continue to be treated like this. It is deeply unprofessional for a boss to hang up on someone who works for him.

I wish I could help more but please come on here and vent all you like. Just don’t question yourself - ever. Your boss has the title and - presumably - the bigger salary that means the buck should stop with him, not you. If his team is struggling he should fix it, not have a tantrum. Know that you have done all you can and be angry, not sad. Use that anger to motivate yourself to find the job you deserve.

Big hugs xxx
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY - Thursday 10/11/18
    1) Log all my food for the day :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake :/
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having a Diet Coke :)
    4) Go to the gym :)
    5) Work on orders from my shop :)

JFT - Friday 10/12/18
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having a Diet Coke
    4) Go to the gym
    5) Work on orders from my shop
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. AM gen run: 16 laps, aim for <35 min. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Put Jacky repairs 10:30 Sat on future JFTs.
    2. File papers before class. Contact B about Saturday. FINISH week 11. (Check standards!) Write blog post. Write discussion responses. VERY IMPORTANT: GRADING LIST!
    3. Class 2-3: POETRY INTRO. Linking verb practice (2 - new sentences; 3 - fix old, add new). Conference on analysis reports? If time, Kahoot. Set up desks in groups of 4.
    4. Class 4: Poetry Intro.
    5. Review assessments. Grade character analysis essays. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Draft essay. Revise one-pager and Villain Protagonist directions. Put chocolate in school bag.
    6. Update class websites. Write blog comments. Plan for absence on 10/22. MUST TURN IN FAILURE REPORTS.
    7. LEAVE FOR THEATER BY 5:00. Take some grading along. Continue essay.
    8. Prep Fri lunch: Beef stew. Chop celery. Prep oatmeal for breakfast.

JFT Friday
    1. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Put Jacky repairs 10:30 Sat on future JFTs. Stop at library before class at Y on Saturday.
    2. Sign up for computer cart using green calendar. ESSAY. Plan Week 12 (check standards); draft week 13-14. Write blog post. Put research lessons in unit format. Print PRs for 4.
    3. Class 2-3: Figurative language in poetry; finding examples. Finish conferences. Print PRs.
    4. Class 4: TPCASTT. // Correct capitalization.
    5. Review assessments. Grade character analysis essays. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Revise one-pager. Brainstorm Malala.
    6. Update class websites. Blog comments. Finish essay if possible. Create program for play.
    7. Leave for park by 4:45. Take grading. Update iTunes and check playlists.
    8. Prep Sat lunch/dinner. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 11:45; devices off by 12:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    Today: 186.6

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager. Revise research checklists!
    12. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday Recap
    1. Prelog meals - even if they change, I can go back and adjust. but this helps give me some insight that I've lost recently. :) and then added in my peanut butter and jelly snack I couldnt resist
    2. Two waters before noon. Three waters after that at work. Another water with dinner. :)
    3. Take meds when alarm goes off - be intentional about this, stop what I'm doing and take them that very moment. :)
    4. 10 wall push ups per bathroom trip :)
    5. Walk away from computer at least once per hour :)
    6. Practice 5 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing tonight to destress :)
    7. Early to bed - 9:30PM latest in bed :) Hahahaha I went to bed at 8:30 :#

JFT Friday AM Recap
    1. Early to rise - 6AM up and at em :) WOOOOHOOO, sans alarm and everything
    2. Take fish oil :)
    3. Smoothie for breakfast :)

JFT Friday
    1. Prelog meals - even if they change, I can go back and adjust. but this helps give me some insight that I've lost recently.
    2. Two waters before noon. Three waters after that at work. Another water with dinner.
    3. Take meds when alarm goes off - be intentional about this, stop what I'm doing and take them that very moment.
    4. 10 squats per bathroom trip
    5. Walk away from computer at least once per hour
    6. Practice 5 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing tonight to destress
    7. Bring home meds for the weekend
    8. Shred mail
    9. Clean buffett and bring in from porch
    10. Change MFP password so I can log in on app this weekend

JFT Saturday AM
    1. Smoothie for breakfast
    2. Take fish oil
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member