The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Bridget758199
    Bridget758199 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Would love to hear from people out there and what you do to keep at it.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options

Hi Bridget,

I just keep trying. My goal is to fail one less time than I attempt. I go through a lot of ups and downs but I never allow myself to quit in the down period. I guess the big reason for that is I've seen my family health history as we age. Staying physically and mentally active and controlling my weight are the only non-medical ways I have to stop the trend.

Plus, I still want to look desirable to my wife. After 22 years of marriage, it's too easy to get comfortable. I still want her to enjoy looking at me so I keep making the effort :smiley:
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 653 Member
    Options

I try to find an activity that I like doing. It makes it easier to do if you like it. Currently it is Karate, scouts and running. Watching my eating is a bit harder, but I try to make small changes over time as I find it easier to manage. I also realize that it is a long term process and worrying about daily fluctuations does not help me, so I know if I keep at it it helps.
  • tammythaxton
    tammythaxton Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Finally added lower body and core weights in 2 weeks ago plus am doing a plank challenge. Unfortunately, went to a weekend craft/antique fair with my daughter and ate pumpkin ice cream both days.........but it was SO WORTH IT!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    kcpond wrote: »

I try to find an activity that I like doing. It makes it easier to do if you like it. Currently it is Karate, scouts and running. Watching my eating is a bit harder, but I try to make small changes over time as I find it easier to manage. I also realize that it is a long term process and worrying about daily fluctuations does not help me, so I know if I keep at it it helps.

This is excellent advice. It's easy to keep active if you're enjoying yourself.

I myself figure skate I always have my entire life and I took up curling a couple of years ago. I backed off on skating a bit due to an injury so I added an extra day of curling. So much fun I'm loving it all
  • brendal8
    brendal8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey. Just started up (again) here on mfp. Would love to join ur group. I’m almost 53.
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    nicktiday wrote: »
    Hi New here on a life journey after a HA 6 months ago
    Lost 5 stone eating healthy exercising regularly
    Would be good to meet new people on the journey

Great job!!!so glad you're doing well...that is some scary stuff!! I lost my dad to one one month after he turned 60 (on Valentine's day💔)and I love to hear that you beat it and are doing so.well!!!!

Big hugs!
    Ali🌼👍
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    brendal8 wrote: »
    Hey. Just started up (again) here on mfp. Would love to join ur group. I’m almost 53.

I just turned 50 myself this month and I'm making it my mission to make my 50s the most fabulous years yet...join me?!👍😉🌼
  • ReeRich
    ReeRich Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    37. Feel free to send me a fr!
  • dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday peeps. First leg day of the week in the books. Make your workout count!
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks! Bit slow today but workout was great. Have a nice one. :)
  • lemonita12
    lemonita12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello all.
    I am 42, looking for friends to motivate each other! Add me if you want.
  • HeadsCarolinaTailsCalifornia
    Options
    Oh No...the big 50! Looking for friends around my age, love to see what others are eating so open diaries are a plus! If you need motivational friends, add me!
  • donnaaccounts
    donnaaccounts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A place for us middle agers to become friends and share fitness advice. Feel free to add me!

Hey 🙀
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Morning middle agers.
    Another day another curling league. But first physio. I couldn't get very comfortable last night so not a lot of sleep was had. Oh well physio will fix me right???
  • FitnTrimSteve
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Oh No...the big 50! Looking for friends around my age, love to see what others are eating so open diaries are a plus! If you need motivational friends, add me!

Happy Birthday! Though looking at your profile pic, I'm convinced you made a typo. You meant the big 3-0 didn't you? :smile:
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    Howdy all. Looking forward to a better day. Less hectic than yesterday so staying on target should be easier. Have a fantastic day/night!!
  • drthomas1640
    drthomas1640 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    New to the community and I need a good aged friends who to share my exercise experience and health benefits.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday evening.I hope you all had a good day today and got themy workouts in.