Of refeeds and diet breaks

Options

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    It would be interesting to see some stats on what % of thyroid cases can be handled by the normal simple blood tests to direct the meds needed, and which require the expanded to get a handle on what can work.

Obviously dosage still an experiment, but it would be nice to know you are part of % of cases that always needs better details.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Alright so I couldn't get through all 214 pages so I'm not sure if this question has been asked before.

Do you HAVE to take a diet break every 12 weeks? Can you go longer in a deficit if you feel satisfied all the time?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Alright so I couldn't get through all 214 pages so I'm not sure if this question has been asked before.

Do you HAVE to take a diet break every 12 weeks? Can you go longer in a deficit if you feel satisfied all the time?

The first post was edited to answer most FAQ. The answer to your question is to take the diet break. Trust me. And read the very first post.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    That's great that your parents lift, it's such an important thing to do to combat aging.

I'm big on adding sets/reps for progressive overload since lifting too heavy tends to trigger migraines for me, so I feel ya for how you went about things with your parents.
  • reality7001
    reality7001 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to find out who the woman he's referring to in the video at 19:30 is it Anne Lukes? Am I hearing that name correctly? I'm trying to find her online but no luck.

Watch, you'll probably learn stuff.

https://youtu.be/emjl1Uui3Yw[/quote]

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I'm trying to find out who the woman he's referring to in the video at 19:30 is it Anne Lukes? Am I hearing that name correctly? I'm trying to find her online but no luck.

Watch, you'll probably learn stuff.

Closed captioning shows Anna Lukes.
  • gogetemrogue
    gogetemrogue Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    For those looking for more studies, I found this one in a comment on Lyle's site. This one is for a two weeks on, two weeks off approach. This one was done on obese men. https://www.nature.com/articles/ijo2017206?fbclid=IwAR0ZhVzOfmco8x_eNyDZHg5bRDO-udp2wCNJeYm7TjLaSqwCK8DAALxXtJE
  • _piaffe
    _piaffe Posts: 163 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hi everyone. Looking for guidance on my refeed strategy. I re-read about 20 pages but am hoping I can get your insights on my data:

5'11F
    CW: 161.5
    GW: 155
    BF ~21-22%
    TDEE: 2,500-2,700
    Deficit: 500 calories a day
    Aiming to eat 2000 (40P/30/30)

Target NET cals Sunday - Thursday: 1350 - I achieved this (avg cals for the week was 2250 gross)
    Target NET cals Fri / Dat: 2700 - I achieved this

This week DEFICIT days, I tried to increase carbs:
    • Saturday: 39% carbs (not 30%) - 236g (Fat was 66g)
    • Friday: 39% carbs - 260g (Fat was 53g)
    • Sunday-Thursday: 30% carbs ~125-150g

I am "afraid" of big carb numbers. Should I try for 300g and keep fat level?

Any insight and personal anecdata appreciated!