October 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 i know people who still email their loved ones who aren't here any more. my stepdaughter feels it is therapeutic.
    one of the football players kept his mom's phone on and leaves voicemails for her
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    October goal: 95 miles

10/2: 5.5 miles
    10/3: 5 miles
    10/4: 5 miles
    10/6: 3.1miles Old Rip 5K - PR and 2nd place AG
    10/8: 5.2 miles
    10/10: 5 miles
    10/11: 5.2 miles
    10/14: 9 miles
    10/15: 3.5 miles
    10/17: 5 miles
    10/18: 4.1 miles

55.3/95 miles completed

I got a run in at lunch. 4.1 miles. I was pretty quick. I guess it was knowing that I had limited time. I usually have limited time, but my limited time is usually enough to get 4.5 - 5 miles in and at lunchtime I am doing good to get 3 miles. With all the rain we've had I am going to have a tough time reaching my goal this month. I guess it is an arbitrary goal that I set for myself, but I still like to reach it each month. I did enjoy my run. It was nice to run in the daylight for a change. I'm just glad the rain let up for a bit. It's supposed to start back up again around 7 pm and rain all day tomorrow until about 6 am Saturday. I don't know how people can stand to live places where this much rain is normal. I think I would go crazy.

exercise.png

2018 races:
    5/19/18: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon - 2:43:59.7. - 2nd place AG
    10/6/18: Old Rip 5K Run - PR 29:43.5, 2nd place AG
    11/10/18: Wags & Whiskers 5K
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @Orphia

Thank you for the chart of the 26.2 hour run! I'm delighted to see all the time slots were covered. Yes, the time and distance for me is correct.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    @_nikkiwolf_ @Orphia I sent the request into Strava with the link to nikki's data she provided and my data with the hope that Strava would have a solution. I looked at the Group's and Event's options they had but didn't think either would work as they would grab all the data for an individual which meant some false extra data from adjacent days activities. Like the MFP group where it shows a summary for the whole week - There might be a way to put a narrow time zone window or just link the individual files that I didn't see.

"Strava ticket #1183613 Combine multiple Strava Activities from all over the world for a single event"
    @Orphia @juliet3455
    Hmm, I was thinking either exporting all the gpx files and sending them to one person - (export to gpx is easy to do from the strava website in the browser).
    And then maybe use something like gpsvisualizer.com . For a plain map http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/map_input?form=jpg to create a map :smile: set boundaries to "-90,-180,90,180" in advanced map options, upload all gpx files. The name given in the GPX file in the "name" tag will appear on the map in the corresponding place (e.g. <name>Carol's marathon</name>). But I'm not sure how it looks if runs are too close to each other, the text would probably overlap.

Or (maybe easier): create a new Strava account just for this purpose, upload all the activities there. Then people who didn't record can also add manual entries. And it would be easy to use existing tools to map all runs, e.g. https://heatflask.herokuapp.com/ or http://www.jonathanokeeffe.com/strava/map.php
    Or make a nice summary graphic with https://www.madewithsisu.com .

eta: actually, now that I think about it, I'm not sure anymore if you could actually see individual runs on a world map. Most of us don't run far enough for that :wink: Maybe just markers on a google maps map?
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    @Orphia my time slot was correct actually did 1:24:50 starting at 0605 EDT and total distance was 5.57 miles on our relay.

Today's run got cut short because I overslept/went to bed late. Whatever, still got one in. 3.4 miles in 41:21, includes cool down walk.

Thank goodness for running or I may have wound up as an inmate at my facility today, and not the nurse. :D

exercise.png
  • Butterchop
    Butterchop Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    @Orphia my slot is correct. I ran 6.2 miles I recorded on strata also but do not know how to post a link. You guys are so awesome!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    1---2.30 lunch
    2---3.59 intervals
    4---3.42 haphazardly done.
    5---9.02 bike
    6---7.0 (3,3) intervals
    7---2.00 TM
    8---3.21
    14---6.63
    18---2.22

Running   30.4/65 to 90
    Cycling. 9.02/60

Upcoming Races

October 14th Spirit of Survival Lawton OK. Quarter Marathon
    November 3rd Dinosaur Valley Endurance Run. Half. Glen Rose TX
    January 5 BIRR Ultra relay. 50k. Hawaii. For @KeepRunningFatboy
    March 31, 2019 A2A Undecided distance. Ardmore OK
    April 28, 2019 OKC Memorial Marathon (half)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the thanks guys. But nothing would have been accomplished without the group support. And i hate losing Dennis. I can let a little work overshadow his memory.