Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Keto diet = good or bad

Options

Replies

• bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    From what I have been reading lately, Keto has its place to help with certain medical conditions. I am not a fan of using it strictly for weight loss (I still feel it's a fad diet in that context). If it's to help with those conditions as well, and your doctor encourages it, I say go for it.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    wmd1979 wrote: »
    https://nutritiouslife.com/eat-empowered/food-cravings-really-mean/

@jjpptt2 the above is just a quick find that can help us all learn how to dig deeper on this subject. As noted this is relative a new discovery for most of us.

Just learning calories was not the root cause of my 40 years of obesity has been helpful already.

Calories were the root cause of your obesity though, specifically, too many of them. You can continue to blame cravings or specific foods all you like, but the simple fact was you ate too much. You'll gain weight if you eat too many calories on keto too, and that is a fact whether you choose to believe it or not.

Well no point in studying patients with obesity or it's cause because you have it figured out. Just think of the money that can be saved because you have ruled out genetics and hormonal issues completely.

if genetics and hormone issues cause obesity then I would have never became obese. both parents were of healthy weights,both grandparents on my moms side were as well, my grandma on my dads side was of a healthy weight. my grandpa(her husband) was 6'4 and over 300lbs. not sure if that would make him overweight but from pics Ive seen he didnt look overweight. me and my 4 sisters were all thin and of normal weight most of our lives until we hit a certain age and became less active but ate more than we thought we were eating, we werent fed junk as children except for a rare treat or it was our birthday and had a party. we were active kids too I became obese due to being less active and eating way too much.

my mom and her brother were thin yet my aunt was on the heavy side always was. most of my family is on the thinner side or normal weight only a few of them are obese,but most of them are obese due to their diets.
This discussion has been closed.