November 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    zeesparrow wrote: »
    Dumb question, but what's the "Woo" reaction mean? Is it a "woo hoo" or is it a "woo - that's crazy" or something else entirely?

LOL - I assume it means Woo Hoo!

No, it does not. It is a very negative remark, according to the mods. The mods also said they plan to USE it to make decsions, but they did not say what decisions. It is a horrible idea and needs to be struck from the board. But, eh, not my house, not my rules.

Oh no! Shows what I know! Thanks for setting me straight. I feel like an idiot that I've clicked it sometimes when I thought I was cheering people on! :cry:
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Dumb question, but what's the "Woo" reaction mean? Is it a "woo hoo" or is it a "woo - that's crazy" or something else entirely?

No, it does not. It is a very negative remark, according to the mods. The mods also said they plan to USE it to make decsions, but they did not say what decisions. It is a horrible idea and needs to be struck from the board. But, eh, not my house, not my rules.

Oh no! Shows what I know! Thanks for setting me straight. I feel like an idiot that I've clicked it sometimes when I thought I was cheering people on! :cry:

LOTS AND LOTS of people assume that. It is the most natural thing to think for most people when they see it. All the other options are positive, so "woo" looks like "woohoo." It is why the button is beyond stupid. But, as I keep telling myself, not my house, not my rules. :)

It is best to just completely ignore it.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

LOTS AND LOTS of people assume that. It is the most natural thing to think for most people when they see it. All the other options are positive, so "woo" looks like "woohoo." It is why the button is beyond stupid. But, as I keep telling myself, not my house, not my rules. :)

It is best to just completely ignore it.

If I see a 'woo' in this particular thread I assume it's a positive 'woohoo!' In any other thread I assume it's a negative 'you're talking out of your backside'.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    @PastorVincent What a hoot!!!

Tempting plan!

Wouldn't work in my neck of the woods, we are all firearms enthusiasts :D
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent What a hoot!!!

Tempting plan!

Wouldn't work in my neck of the woods, we are all firearms enthusiasts :D

I have Tanerite. I could up the ante, in pounds ;)
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @sarahthes The only saving grace about that forecast is it looks like the winds will be fairly light. Today might be a good rest day...
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @sarahthes The only saving grace about that forecast is it looks like the winds will be fairly light. Today might be a good rest day...

Nah, I'm good for the temperatures. It gets worse here.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    @sarahthes I glanced at that and thought - wow, ideal running weather, what's she complaining about?

then I read your comment.

brrrrr.