WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• SarahKratos
    SarahKratos Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The place I am most grateful for is Heaven. I look forward very much to be in the presence of God one day.

I did my exercise with the kettle bell today. Starting out slow. I am saving all my calories for going to the Golden corral today for the early bird special rate for seniors. There is a large group of us going. I already filled out my diary of the food that I will be eating there today. Just because it is a buffet does not mean I have to have 20 plates full of food :o I actually love the options there because you can eat very healthy. Also my only meal for the day so I have a lot of calories to work with.

:) Sarah
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,797 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Woot! Got an interview Tuesday afternoon with the Girl Scouts Diamonds of Arkansas, with a teensy little bit of Oklahoma and Texas thrown in, for basically the same position I have now, but more heavily leaning toward grant writing, rather than fundraising per se. And it would be from home, as I am now. And no more plane flights, I can drive anywhere in the council. Talked to my prospective boss for nearly an hour, and she'll be in Fort Smith to meet with me Tuesday... already made sure she had full disclosure of the upcoming knee replacement, and it didn't seem to faze her a bit.

Rori will be so pleased to know that I might stay with Girl Scouts. :smiley: And I'm over the moon at the thought of continuing to use what I've learned in the last year and a half to benefit the girls of this amazing state! If I can get to the interview stage, I usually get the job offer. Possibly because I am intrinsically lovable and confidence-inspiring. :smiley: Your guess is as good as mine.

Love y'all,
    Keep a good thought for me...
    Lisa in AR

Good luck Lisa, how do you exude that confidence and lovable"ness" in an interview! I am always so nervous.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the welcome.

@Katla49 no, not a Lippizan. Annie us a Thoroughbred/Percheron cross.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Lisa: Great News! We will all be rooting for you.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,875 Member
    Options
    Supposed to be cold and rainy here today. I have a pulmonologist appointment this afternoon. Should go okay. I have not had any breathing problems except this summer with the smoke.

My favorite place right now is my gazebo. It sits in front of the house and I can see out through the trees to the gate and the road. It is just a peaceful place.

I love the book discussion. I need to make a list and read some of these books. Many I have already read so I feel right at home with all of you.

Lisa - Hope the surgery gets scheduled soon. It will be nice to have it done. Also good luck with the new job, sounds perfect for you.

Jan110144 - You and Annie look good together! My DD's first lesson horse was named Annie and she was white but much smaller, a 1/2 Arabian.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I'm behind on the 30 days of gratitude project, so I'll catch up here:

#1: I am grateful for the smell of grinding roasted coffee beans.
    #2: I am grateful for my blood pressure cuff (technology)
    #3: I am grateful for the color blue (the sky, my husband's eyes)
    #4: I am grateful for curry. (A new "discovery" for me, and I could eat it every meal. Lol)
    #5: I am grateful for the sounds of my children (who are mostly adult now) laughing and getting along.
    #6: I am grateful for the ocean.
    #7: I am grateful for the memory of having "tea" with my great-grandmother when I was 3.
    #8: I am grateful for The Great Gatsby. The most perfect novel written in the U.S. to date.
    and #9: I am grateful for Crater Lake -- which I haven't yet been to since I moved back to Oregon but which I have visited a few times before I left Oregon in my early 20s.

Happy for the weekend. I have a women's breakfast to attend tomorrow morning, and that always makes me happy.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,324 Member
    Options
    All kids in bed. :D
    Glad there isn't any alcohol in the house! I think we would be tempted to hit it. Poor DH still has his chesty cold and has been working hard all day , keeping Bea entertained. The parents did FaceTime this evening, chaos as usual! I was going to Skype, but just before they were due to call I realised that Skype had wiped out my account, so I struggled to reset it, getting more and more desperate. I still haven't figured it out and now my accounts are all mixed up. Boo! Luckily their iPad had just enough charge in it for them to FaceTime. Max showed us how to work it. :D
    Don't know how you manage it KJ. <3
    Three kids is a lot to organise with the different ages and they all want DH's attention at once.

I managed to make some kind of dinner for the two of us with packaged lentil curry and boiled eggs. All I could find. I added a tomato and cucumber salad. Hot pickle. Not bad. We still have stinky cheese, pears and chocolate to come. Will be well over calories as I only got the school run in exercise today. It's just one day.

We have both found it hard work, but also wonderful. It tried my patience occasionally, especially when I was struggling with the Skype thing. If DH had been well he wouldn't have been so tired, but even his infinite patience with Bea was tested.
    It is so worth it though as we have given my son and DDIL the kind of break I could only dream of when I was a parent. So good for a couple and a marriage. I know they are very grateful.

My favourite smell is gunpowder. The kind you have in fireworks. I love that smell and it reminds me of my back garden when I was a child, when we had our Bonfire Night on the 5th of November. Wellington boots, damp weather and waving sparklers around in my gloved hand.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Lisa! So excited for you, just know you will knock it out of the park and one groups loss will certainly be the other groups gain!
    Cari, what I sometimes do is open MFP in two windows, read one and comment in the other, then when I'm done I can just post the reply and everything is done. I don't do that when I'm at work or on my tablet, can only do it when on my desktop at home, but I have found it helps me. My posts tend to be longer that way, but I do get to comment on more things directly. My posts aren't usually very short anyway, so probably nobody notices a difference.... :)
    Barbie, so glad to hear that you are feeling so much better, you've done a wonderful job with knowing your limitations and staying within them, I'm sure that contributed to your healing fairly quickly! Also, thank you so much for starting this thread anew every month!
    Rebecca, feeling sad for you, missing your boy. My boy moved a few provinces away and, while I have seen him most years since he's been gone, it's only once per year, and only for a few days at a time. He keeps saying he's moving back here, I've quit hoping and will believe it when I see him standing on our doorstep. sigh.
    Heather, so glad things are getting organized in the new home.
    Machka, I continue to marvel at how much you accomplish and at your husband's steady progress.
    I know there were others that I wanted to comment on, but my memory fails.... I am still struggling daily, but I think I might be getting a handle on things again, keeping my fingers crossed for that!! lol
    In the meantime, hugs for those needing one, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island where there was definitely frost on the pumpkin Wed night!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisa: I’m with you on Walter Farley and Dick Francis. His son is now writing the books. :star: I am sending good thoughts for the positions that you are aiming at with the Girl Scouts. I think you’ll be brilliant and happier. :heart:

Jan: Annie is gorgeous! :star:

We’ve had a weather shift to much cooler air. It is definitely chilly today and I’m cold even though I have on a thermal top and quilted vest. BRRR!

Katla in chilly NW Oregon
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Beautiful Janet!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Jan & Annie <3

Karen in Virginia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,324 Member
    Options
    Fabulous garden Terri! :o:o:o:o:o:o

Lisa - Sounds like you have a great chance at the new job. Much better for you without all the travelling.
    Good luck. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,314 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Heather UK : It's wearing it's summer finery. At the moment the trees are ablaze with autumn colour, but it's too wet, and dark to take a photo tonight. Lol!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    #8 BOOK. Like many of us here, the Bible, but not just one version, all the different versions allow for a better understanding of the writings. As a child, anything to do with horses, like Black zzz Beauty, or science fiction. Still a sci-fi fan!

#9 PLACE anywhere in nature. There is so much beauty around us if we just take the time to notice.

RV Rita
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm having a stressful time. My adult sons moved in with me. I worry about my younger son since he just changed jobs. I started a new exercise routine at the gym since I was given the ok to exercise after an injury. I've join MFP when I shifted to maintenance mode. I'm eating less than I should. I lost three pounds the last two weeks of October, but the weight loss has stalled since.

Are you not wanting to lose more? You said you’re on maintenance now. With the holidays coming, we’ll all cheer each other on to make good choices. We DO worry about our kids, don’t we, but they’ll turn their lives in new directions, and we get to stand back and cross our fingers that it works. Just because they’re back in your house doesn’t mean you live your life for them. It’s time for YOU, now. Just my opinion.

Sharon near Seattle