WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: I have only ridden Arrow with the bareback pad twice. He has a very bony back. This time, it was a very long lesson. I’ve ridden Tucker, my teacher’s horse, with no saddle and also no pain. Back in the beginning of lessons, I had problems with saddles as well as without saddles. I do have bike shorts and may put them on under my riding pants next time my teacher wants me to ride bareback. :ohwell: Love your Master Gardener Mojo! :bigsmile:

Pip: Great photos of you and Kirby. :smiley:

Heather: I think you have very good reasons to skip this get together with your Portsmouth friend. The simple way out is the truth. You’re still in the process of moving, and sick into the bargain. I hope you feel better soon. :heart:

RV Rita: Love your photo! :star:

Suddenly MFP doesn’t wat to recognize my phone. I am not a happy camper. :mad: They want me to sign in as a new person or log in through facebook. I don’t trust facebook. Advice welcome!!!!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Heather, your post made me smile, just picturing you enjoying your new home! So very happy for you that it finally came to be!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Katla - My phone didn't want to log in either but it finally did a few minutes ago.

Okie
  • Katla49
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Okie: Thanks, I'll try again. I appreciate your ray of hope. :heart: (PS: So far no luck.)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My sister-in-law posted this and I thought it was good ...

lkzkyg4kxd5w.png

So ...

Nov 1 - my roses. :)

Nov 2 - social media and staying connected with family and friends.

Nov 3 - blue. The blue of the mouth of the river/bay/start of the ocean out my window. The blue of the sky. My new blue sleeping top that was nice and comfy last night.

Machka in Oz

Nov 4 - food ... cheese. I ate a lot of grilled cheese sandwiches when my husband was in hospital. They were my comfort food. Also cheese has calcium which I think I need. Unfortunately, cheese does tend to be a bit high in calories so I shouldn't eat too much of it. But anything cheese-y is comforting. :)

Machka in Oz

Nov 5 - sound. I like listening to the waves and the birds, but I think the sound I'm most grateful for today is my husband's voice. Just the fact that we can talk to each other again. :)

M in Oz

Nov 6 - "What in nature are you grateful for?" ... That's hard to narrow down to one thing. Oxford dictionary describes nature as "the phenomena of the physical world collectively, including plants, animals, the landscape, and other features and products of the earth". I am grateful for all of it. I find that getting out into any sort of nature helps to relieve stress.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Okie: Thanks, I'll try again. I appreciate your ray of hope. :heart: (PS: So far no luck.)

Sorry Katla, now it doesn't work for me either. It tells me invalid email or password. I've heard others saying their were issues yesterday also.

Okie
  • Katla49
    Options
    Machka: Nov 6 - "What in nature are you grateful for?" ... That's hard to narrow down to one thing. Oxford dictionary describes nature as "the phenomena of the physical world collectively, including plants, animals, the landscape, and other features and products of the earth". I am grateful for all of it. I find that getting out into any sort of nature helps to relieve stress."

I agree with you. Getting out in nature is healing. :flowerforyou:
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Janetr g34076.gif
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Janetr, What a lovely card from your granddaughter, definitely far better than any that money could buy!
    So many ladies I want to comment too, but the memory is short and as I am at work, can't really open this in two screens and type away!
    Sharon (trucker) I too like reading longer posts, so don't shorten anything on my account! I've been guilty of long ones too, so you're in good company (imho - lol).
    Trying to get back on the wagon, fell off in a big way. Having a tough time clambering back on, probably because my butt is too heavy!!! ugh.
    Anyway, onward and upward, or downward? Hmmm, must give that some thought.
    Congrats to those celebrating various stuff, hugs to those who are having tough times with theirs or a loved one's health, hugs to those who just need one too! And, of course, welcome to the newbies!
    Oh, quick bio about me, turned 60 this year, married for 37 years, 2 boys now 33 and almost 30, 1 grandson who turned 2 in June, the light of my life! Been overweight all my life, really need to lose 20 lbs. Ideal weight would probably be 40 lbs less, but I need to be realistic about this too, and 20 lbs lighter would make me comfortable in my skin (not to mention the closet full of clothes I have for that size!!)
    Hope everyone has a great day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Katla49
    Options
    Barbie: You've had a successful day at the dentist. I'm glad that you had a fabulous dentist who was good at letting you know what was going to happen. :star: Wishing Jake successful cataract surgery. DH had both eyes done last winter in separate appointments. The first appointment was snowed out and had to be rescheduled. The surgeries were a success and he is doing well. After-care consisted of eyedrops and then a return visit to the eye doctor. I helped with the eyedrops.

:heart: Katla
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    Strava app says one time, 9.29min mi,

Chip time says another, 9.48min mi

When I saw the time display as soon as I crossed the finish line it said 1hr, 58min 20 sec, 9.01 min mi

ng41c0kit9pz.jpeg
    snaq7ps57491.png
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    My iPad won’t let me log in but my phone brings me right in. So annoying!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did 1 segment of a 10MS Butt Lift DVD, held my plank for 3 min, then took the extremepump class. Since I have a doctor’s appointment in the morning tomorrow, the plan is to do an Intense Fitness/15 Minute DVD.

Karen in VA – Yes, I thought the grapefruit pie was surprisingly good. I guess because grapefruit is somewhat on the sour side, I was expecting it to be sour. But the jello was a great compliment so it wasn’t sour. I just didn’t put the Cool Whip on top. Plus…it’s fairly easy to make. I was afraid that sectioning the grapefruit would be hard, but it really wasn’t

Penny – life at the Pole seems so exotic to me. I don’t think I could do it, but I love reading about it.

Janetr – happy birthday. What a lovely card!

Steve came here, we went to Pie Five for dinner. Never went there. I had a spinach salad (no dressing), feta, carrots, banana peppers, mushrooms, jalapeno, bacon, tomatoes. Quite good and filling. Just water to drink but I had about 30oz. What a pain that if you go somewhere and order water, you get just this tiny plastic cup and you have to go refill it multiple times.

Beth – oh no about your SUV!!!!

Barbie – glad your mouth is feeling better. Good thoughts being sent for Jake.

Carol Ann – welcome

Michele in NC
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,490 Member
    Options
    Pooped out on starting "Happy Adult" yoga today, the SWSY did me in. Will try "Chair Yoga" tomorrow.

Sharon, your posts are nowhere near long as mine. Keep on keeping on ;)
    Katla and Kay, same thing happened to me, could log in from windows laptop, but not iphone. Resolved after awhile, then kicked out again. STRONGLY recommend not logging into anything with facebook, except of course FB itself. Who knows what kinds of security issues mfp is having? https://downdetector.com/status/myfitnesspal . iphone still can't login :rage:
    Barbie Brava for handling that root canal. what a whirlwind of activity for you and Jake tomorrow. Look forward to kitchen/stove pics.
    Welcome Carol Ann!
    Rebecca I can hear "the hills are aliiiivve..." ;)

Oops just noticed I omitted age (68) from bio :blush:

Back to Leslie Sansome to get today's steps, then yoghurt then zzzzzzzzz.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 2/4, rx/vits 4/4, meditate 3/4, walk one more step 3/3, knee exercises 4/4, play with Tumble 3/4, core 2/8, SWSY UP 2/8, SWSY LOW 1/8, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 2/4.
  • Katla49
    Options
    I am back! They’re getting the mess sorted out. I hope they are able to get everything back on track.❤️