WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Machka - I have thought a ton about what really makes me happy, and I am happy a lot, but the that real glow happy was Friday/Saturday – I talked to my god-daughter in Boston for about an hour as I gardened, then my nephew came over and we spent a day and a half together – pure bliss.

Love the gratitude list…

Lisa – I am thrilled you were not coming to the Museum of Ice Cream with me ---LOL we will have to do something else if you make it out here sometime. I was delighted to hear how John is doing, I remember when you were so worried about him, and am totally impressed in how far his come.

Newbies – welcome, logging every bite is what most of us have found is the most critical step. You can lose weight with just logging, but exercise – even little bits help a ton…. And you’ll begin to see places to add in the bits of exercise… It is also great to learn about the foods – what is higher or lower in calories and where you can make a difference. Sauces for me was a surprise, I found a salad dressing and a BBQ sauce that I like but both are under 60 calories per 2 tablespoons instead of the 200+ on the ones I used to prefer. Those “surprise” calories can make a huge difference over a week/month/year….

Lanette – I am glad the fasting thing worked for you, even the amount of fasting I had to do for my colonoscopy almost got me to call the ambulance, my body could not handle it.

Janetr – beautiful ornament

Sue – so happy for a year of no co-pay!!!

Irish Teri - I’ve missed you

Heather – what a fun event!

Monthly Gratitude
    1. Smell – today it is clean dog, as it was bath day for Levi
    2. Technology – my smart phone
    3. Color – sunrise – orange/pink/red
    4. Food – herbal teas – they solve so much for me, a snack, a warm thing to hold, …..

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Way to go Pip! Congrats to you and Kirby! Next time if you aren't going to run with Kirby, leave his ($* behind and get your sub 2 hours!

Okie

Love that!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Way to go Pip! Congrats to you and Kirby! Next time if you aren't going to run with Kirby, leave his ($* behind and get your sub 2 hours!

Okie

Love that!!

And don’t answer the phone!
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Whoops! Life got complicated and busy! Here it is the 4th and you’re 11pages in already, so no comments for now. I’ll just go back to the beginning.

Goals for November:
    Get surgery date firm!
    Continue on plan of small portions
    Plan for the holidays ahead of time.
    Get items for pre-surgery and post-surgery diet and supplements ready.

Sharon, AHMOC near Seattle
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Well I'm home and in bed,what a lovely evening with good friends...music was great..
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Oh dear! I won’t post so huge again! Sorry!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My sister-in-law posted this and I thought it was good ...

lkzkyg4kxd5w.png

So ...

Nov 1 - my roses. :)

Nov 2 - social media and staying connected with family and friends.

Nov 3 - blue. The blue of the mouth of the river/bay/start of the ocean out my window. The blue of the sky. My new blue sleeping top that was nice and comfy last night.

Machka in Oz

Nov 4 - food ... cheese. I ate a lot of grilled cheese sandwiches when my husband was in hospital. They were my comfort food. Also cheese has calcium which I think I need. Unfortunately, cheese does tend to be a bit high in calories so I shouldn't eat too much of it. But anything cheese-y is comforting. :)

Machka in Oz

Nov 5 - sound. I like listening to the waves and the birds, but I think the sound I'm most grateful for today is my husband's voice. Just the fact that we can talk to each other again. :)

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did the entire 10 Minute Solution Tighten and Tone Pilates DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do one segment of the 10 Minute Solution Butt Lift DVD, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

M – how I wish summer was coming! We just turned the clocks back (boo, boo)

Kate and Lisa – I so agree, I’ve learned that a pound or two isn’t the end of the world. That’s one of the things I’ve learned on this forum

Does anyone else keep getting the message “site temporarily down for maintenance”? It gets annoying because you close the app, open it again, and it works! Or if I go to log a food, it’ll say that site is down but when I go back, the addition has already been done.

pip and Kirby – great run!

We trimmed the bushes today. I really don’t care for the bushes (at least some of them). To me, they are too large and a security risk. Vince feels they’re OK as long as you can see between them. I still want some smaller ones. And there is one that really scares the life out of me when Vince has to trim it. It’s on a slope and he has an electric hedge trimmer and has to stand on a ladder with me holding it. I’d love to get a tree like we had when we were in PA. It’s an evergreen, in Christmas tree shape. But it grows VERY slowly. In the 12 years we lived in PA, I don’t think we once trimmed that tree. Now that’s the kind of tree for me. But I know that he’s concerned about the cost. He feels that its only once/year that they have to be trimmed. I feel they should be trimmed more than once/year. Last year we didn’t trim them – life just got in the way. I’d like to get bushes that don’t grow above 4 or 5 feet.

Sorry, I don’t remember who asked for it, but I remember someone asked for the recipe for the grapefruit pie:

1 (9inch) pie crust, baked (I used graham cracker)
    4 pink grapefruit
    ½ cup white sugar
    2T cornstarch
    ¾ cup grapefruit juice
    1 (3oz) pkg strawberry flavored jello-o

Peel grapefruit, removing all pith. Cut up into bite-size pieces, drain in a strainer for 4 or more house, collecting the juice (this can be done the day before)
    Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and ¾ cup juice in a small saucepan, if the collected juice does not measure ¾ cup, top it off with water. Bring to a boil. Stir in strawberry gelatin. Cool slightly

Spread grapefruit in the bottom of the baked shell and pour gelatin over the fruit. Chill several hours or overnight

Cool Whip can be used as a topping. Enjoy!

Michele in NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :):)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I had a long riding lesson, a good time, & came home with a very sore backside. I was using my bareback pad to work on balance & had a great lesson but—ouch! :#
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Pip That is so inspiring. Wonderful run for both of you. Congratulations!

Michele That grapefruit pie sounds fascinating. I have never seen a citrus fruit recipe before. It sounds like a fruit jello dessert/salad but in a pie shell. Do you like it?

Cheri Did you get yourselves totally l moved in and your new furniture exactly where you want it? Would love to see a couple more pics. I've been enjoying Ros's cat pics on FB.

Heather So glad for you after all the anxieties you endured getting into your house.

Karen in Virginia
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Busy weekend getting Knitting orders completed and making Christmas card orders ready to send to customers. Trying to revamp my Etsy shop with more bespoke baby knits. Have a good week all. Carol Kent

Cutyjanelondon . What part of London have you moved to?

Trucker743. And there me thinking I was over qualified to jump into this group!!!

Irish Terri. 💁💁you never know where you may meet!!!