Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    @Barbiecat the cat and dog look puzzled 😕 wondering what you are doing with the clocks and if it makes a difference to dinner or walkies time!!!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Pretty granddaughter Janet
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Janetr Your granddaughter looks so beautiful in her Halloween costume!

Barbie Bernie & Bessie are so intently watching you. So darn cute! :)

Michele The dinosaur is my 12-year old grandson. There were 4 dinosaurs in their busy neighborhood (it's practically a street festival over there on Halloween). It would have been fun to get a photo of all 4 together. The costume he wore was a safety hazard, so he had a "handler" (his mom), to be sure he safely negotiated stairs, etc. He was surprisingly nimble, though. He's an awkward kid, but he felt "safe" in the costume. Feeling safe boosted his confidence & agility. He even ran in the costume, which about gave me a heart attack. It was hilarious to see that big dinosaur & my daughter-in-law running down the street together. :D

Rebecca Safe travels for your son. <3

I love this, Machka! Thank you for starting this!

#1 Delectable Smell of my homemade chicken vegetable soup.
    #2 Bluetooth Technology in my car.
    #3 The Color Aquamarine in the dichroic glass at the craft show.
    #4 My morning coffee with a sprinkle of my spice blend & a dollop of heavy whipping cream.

Happy Sunday, friends!

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,841 Member
    Options
    Sunday -- My husband and I Zwifted again this evening!

Distance: 21.22km
    Elevation: 122m
    Moving Time: 48:27
    Elapsed Time: 48:48

...................... Avg ............... Max
    Speed ............. 26.3km/h ....... 46.4km/h
    Heart Rate ...... 127bpm .......... 144bpm
    Cadence .......... 77 .................. 99
    Power ............. 97W ............... 152W

Plus I climbed a bunch of stairs and did a few weights. Summer's coming and I want to have arms that look at least halfway decent in a sleeveless top. :)

Machka in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies
    I am up and down at the nursing home waiting for my DFIL just relaxing and waiting...
    I have to stop at the store and get a few cards and then go home and walk Alfie then go to the Christening ...
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    well my DFIL ate really well and mostly on his own... Tom was there and found out Elena will be moving in after the first of the year.....wish them both the very best... I will miss going down in the mornings to walk the dogs... but im sure I will get to see them at other times..
    more birds coming to the feeder ,it makes me happy for the time being.... as I don't know how long I will be able to keep it... but will enjoy it while I can...
    going to rest a bit before going to the Christening and birthday party and maybe take a nap between the party and going out tonight....
    today is a busy day for me
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Sunday! Yesterday was some what busy. I got my shopping, house cleaned and yogurt started before Trentin arrived at 11:30am. He and I went for a walk then played a couple of board games (Sorry and Yahtzee). He had never played either until he started coming here; to make it more "interesting" for him, we add $$ to the mix. lol We use the play money and along with trying to win the game we try to also have the most money at the end. For Sorry: drawing and using a Sorry card will get you $20, an 11 (if you choose the "switch places" option) will get you $10, a 3 will get you $5, and a backward 4 will get you $1. For Yahtzee: two of a kind will get you $1, three of a kind will get you $5, four of a kind will get you $10, and a large straight will get you $20. We found out that Miss Kelly likes to win; but Trentin likes to go after the money! lol I made him count it first using his brain; but then he could check his math with the calculator. He was also the banker.
    This morning has been busy so far. 6am got the yogurt in the strainer and back in the fridge, 6:30 got some butternut squash and pears roasting in the oven, 7am put beans, rice, chicken broth, corn, tomato, and chilis in the crock pot, 7:30 started a whole wheat/whole grain bread (made using my whey from last weeks yogurt), 8:00 started a new batch of pumpkin muffins (also whole grain and made with whey), I still have whey from last week's yogurt batch, so if I get at least a quart from this batch, I will try making some ricotta when Trentin leaves this afternoon. I also got a load of laundry done this morning, so I am sitting pretty good for the weekend's to do list. lol Thank God for that extra hour of sleep!

Machka
    - I love that daily gratitude calendar! I keep a gratitude journal, but having a prompt is really nice at making me think of things that I haven't thought to be grateful yet. Let's see...#1- a smell I am grateful for is fresh ginger (smells like sunshine), #2- I, too, am thankful for the technology like email, soc media, Facetime, Viber, Skype, that allow me to see my grandson on a daily basis, #3- I LOVE the bright vibrant reds of fall, but there is something about the wonderful golden color I see on trees (the goldenrod color). It reminds me of my late sister and a book we read when we were little about trees with golden leaves and little chocolate cookies grew on the trees. lol I can NOT remember the name of the book and I have searched for it, and asked sis (who couldn't remember), so I am wondering if it really wasn't a tree that grew cookies and that storyline was just one that we made up before we were able to read, and had to tell the story from pictures in the book...#4- a food I am grateful for...hmmm...it is a toss up. I am loving milk because of it's versatility and so many things you can get from it and do with it. BUT...I do love eggs. They are a staple as they are used in a lot, but for me, there is something comforting about having a couple of lightly basted eggs on my rice, or with toast, or on a sandwich...
    Irish Terri- So nice to have you back! What a great day with your daughter! That is a LOT of steps!
    Welcome new girls!
    Heather- Whoot! Well done on the Parkrun!
    Pip- Love the photos! So many smiling happy people! Good luck on your run!
    Something funny/odd/coincidental- My cousin is running the NYC marathon and his flight number (flying in to NY) matches his bib number! lol CRAZY!
    Lisa- You are so busy! I love to see the transformation on your home! I will be checking your blog for photos! Don't over do it!
    Rori-Enjoy your trip! When do you leave?
    Beth- Lucky you! A new SUV! Our lease on our Jeep is up next summer, so I am hoping to turn it in for a mini van or something with more room to haul things.
    Rebecca- Hugs to you! Flight tracker can be fun to watch, but also a little stressful. I am sure your DYS is going to settle in fine and have many adventures to write home about!

Well, I have to take muffins out of oven and put breads in- better fly. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    lol It took me two hours to write the above as I was up and down doing things. NY Karen I giggled when I saw coffee as your grateful food. Coffee has made my gratitude journal too many times to count! (probably more than any person!)