WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Bonfire Night here, lots of fireworks last night but expect more tonight. Hairdresser this morning for the full works, too much grey showing.

Have to get exercise done before I go so will catch up later.

PIP well done

Kate UK <3
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Can't believe it is 5th November and I'm already 12+ pages behind :o I'll have to stop reading now as I need to get ready, getting my eyes tested (broke my previous pair of glasses) but it has been nearly two years since my last eye test so maybe a good thing?
    Weather turned quite cold here so I'll need to wrap up. Have a great day everyone and welcome to the new people :)

Viv UK
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Morning, all,

Welcome to all the new ones, and welcome back to the ones we haven't seen in a bit! Viv - it's good to see you posting again. Hope the eye test goes well.

Up at 3:30, as someone else said, because was out of it by 8 p.m. last night. Was restless sleep, as it was the first time in a while I haven't taken a sleep aid, so only made it 6 and a half hours, but nonetheless, feel fine.

Penny - I'm right there with you on the quietness - and my husband marvels at how quiet it is here all the time. Not like "nearly to the North Pole" quiet, but so much better than in the city.

My favorite sound is the domestic noises that mean I'm home. I miss them so much when I'm traveling...

I did take pics yesterday, but was too exhausted to post 'em up on the blog. Going to go do that now, as I'm pleased with how it's all turning out, especially the bathroom, which has just a few tiny things left, getting the new door put up, a bit of baseboard trim, and it will be fully done.

Next weekend, three doors to put in (one outside, bedroom and bathroom) and we're yanking out the dishwasher. We need a bit more storage in the kitchen, and want to be able to put a bar stool both sides of the kitchen counter. We've decided we're only going to work one day each weekend on the house, and reserve Sundays for ourselves, and whatever we couldn't complete on the Saturday. We all need a break.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in Arkansas
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    well I didn't get to sleep until almost 10 which is super late for me lol. had a great time last night..I worked with Ray and have known him more than 20 yrs...we lost touch as he had been dating someone but ,now he is single a confirmed bachelor at 63... but he and his whole family are sweethearts.. working 9-5 today...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    qac4azfunq5t.jpeg
    Had to show this one again
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,871 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Had to stop a couple of times to answer the phone, never again, and slowed down looking for kirby, I truly think I would’ve done it under 2 hrs

Congratulations!!

• Machka9
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    lol It took me two hours to write the above as I was up and down doing things. NY Karen I giggled when I saw coffee as your grateful food. Coffee has made my gratitude journal too many times to count! (probably more than any person!)

Especially the first one in the morning!! For me, that's when I arrive at work. Drop all my stuff in my office, go make a cup of coffee ... and then I can begin my day.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka love your Tips and Extras, sounds similar to what works for me. When I'm feeling low or bad, the "just do one thing" to make myself feel better really helps.

I'm doing a lot of the "just do one thing" lately. Last week, I felt like I was spinning in circles and getting nothing done, and then on Friday I told myself to "just do one thing" ... I did and felt much better for it. And I've been doing that each day since then ... and actually getting some stuff done!!

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Gratitude #4 - Since I grew up in SoCal and lived in Texas, TexMex or Mexican food, is my favorite. I love cheesy enchiladas, guacamole and tortilla chips, and tortilla soup. Hot salsa, fajitas, cilantro and quesadillas!! My DH usually go out for Mexican on Friday nights. So I limit my calories so I can partake.

Yeah, I love Mexican food too ... not easy to come by in Australia!!

M in Oz

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Monday!
    Janet- Love the ornaments! You always use such gorgeous colors! I love the jewel tones.
    PipWhoot! Go girl! Did Kirby scold you for waiting for him and missing the under 2 hour mark? I am guessing you and Kirby carry phones in case one of you needs the other or help? IF you tell me that those calls that interrupted your race were political; I would believe you. Those are maddening and should be illegal! O.M.G. Your legs are gorgeous!
    Michelle- I had problems yesterday logging my food. I had no problem logging in, but every time I tried to log a food item, it will send me to the "site is temporarily down..." page. I just hit the back button and it would take me back to the food diary page, I would hit refresh and it would let me enter it AND it would accept it. But yes, a pain in the booty having to do that each time.
    Sharon- lol don't sweat the long post; we all do that from time to time. Except maybe Pip, she tends to keep her posts short and sweet (or sometimes not so sweet >:) )

Well, time to fly. I have one who just finished his breakfast and a couple more pulling in. ttfn xoxoxo
    Kelly

Hmmmm #5 A sound I am grateful for today...my alarm going off in the morning, because it means I have another day!
  • Machka9
    Options
    It reminds me of my late sister and a book we read when we were little about trees with golden leaves and little chocolate cookies grew on the trees. lol I can NOT remember the name of the book and I have searched for it, and asked sis (who couldn't remember), so I am wondering if it really wasn't a tree that grew cookies and that storyline was just one that we made up before we were able to read, and had to tell the story from pictures in the book...

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory has trees that grew various candies and cookies and things.

The Magicians Nephew has a tree that grew from a packet of toffee, with leaves like the paper the toffee was wrapped in and fruit that was like toffee but juicier.

Or maybe it was "The Cookie Tree".

https://www.amazon.com/Cookie-Tree-Jay-Williams/dp/B0006BPSUU

To quote one of the reviewers ...

""The Village of Owlgate was quiet and tidy, and nothing surprising ever happened there." So when an extraordinary tree with silver bark, golden leaves, and cookies growing on its branches, inexplicably appears in the middle of the square, the villagers are at a loss with what to do with it. Some don't believe it exists. Some think it's a sign of impending doom. Some just can't figure out what its for. The children, however, believe that it is a gift to the city from a kind magician."

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Monday!
    Janet- Love the ornaments! You always use such gorgeous colors! I love the jewel tones.
    PipWhoot! Go girl! Did Kirby scold you for waiting for him and missing the under 2 hour mark? I am guessing you and Kirby carry phones in case one of you needs the other or help? IF you tell me that those calls that interrupted your race were political; I would believe you. Those are maddening and should be illegal! O.M.G. Your legs are gorgeous!
    Michelle- I had problems yesterday logging my food. I had no problem logging in, but every time I tried to log a food item, it will send me to the "site is temporarily down..." page. I just hit the back button and it would take me back to the food diary page, I would hit refresh and it would let me enter it AND it would accept it. But yes, a pain in the booty having to do that each time.
    Sharon- lol don't sweat the long post; we all do that from time to time. Except maybe Pip, she tends to keep her posts short and sweet (or sometimes not so sweet >:) )

Well, time to fly. I have one who just finished his breakfast and a couple more pulling in. ttfn xoxoxo
    Kelly

Hmmmm #5 A sound I am grateful for today...my alarm going off in the morning, because it means I have another day!

The. 2 calls were from my brother and his wife calling me from the finish line to see how far away I was so they can take pics of me crossing.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Gratitude #4 - Since I grew up in SoCal and lived in Texas, TexMex or Mexican food, is my favorite. I love cheesy enchiladas, guacamole and tortilla chips, and tortilla soup. Hot salsa, fajitas, cilantro and quesadillas!! My DH usually go out for Mexican on Friday nights. So I limit my calories so I can partake.

Yeah, I love Mexican food too ... not easy to come by in Australia!!

M in Oz

Many, many years ago when hubs and I were living in Shanghai, we spent Chinese New Year in Australia and New Zealand. Our hotel suite in Auckland had an oven, which we didn’t have in Shanghai, and we made nachos with lots of jalapeños. We had been missing Tex-Mex and that was the best we could do.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,339 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - thank you for finding my mojo! Looks like it's having fun.... but it hasn't showed up here yet, lol. Maybe today.

Machka
    - I am considering going into the cookie tree business, lol. That looks like a great little book, by the way.

Pip- congrats on the race! Drat that phone. Bet it felt good to be in warm sunshine. Looks like we'll be having cool sunshine later this week - some of you are seeing temps in the 20's or lower already at night. Yikes!

Penny - I always love hearing about life in Norway. Is your DH Scandinavian? Do you speak both Norwegian and Swedish? You probably posted and I skipped right over it. Way to go on the jogging!! Is the lone reindeer still around?

Lisa - love the house tour. What lovely property (now that you can see it, lol.)

My decluttering today will be a shelf, maybe 2, in the office. I look around in the living room here and there's plenty that needs to be attacked, but I need to get DH out of here for a few hours so the activity doesn't interfere with his TV watching. Hey, I might find some of my mojo hiding somewhere, lol.

Here's a question about pain.... do any of you notice when you binge on sugar, your arthritis/various aches and pains seem worse? My shoulder pain seems to have started a month ago when those fun size candy bars jumped into my grocery cart. Seems it's getting better now that candy season is over.

Have a good week, ladies!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    1756773k3idbu3mjk.gif
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    New office manager here..from North Carolina,has quite the drawl and same name as me but with Ls ..we shall see how it all works out...you know me I get along with everyone...but who knows what changes will happen..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Heather: I am happy that you are so pleased with your new home! I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a home that was three stories high, unless it was actually a basement plus two stories. I hope you’ll eventually post pictures. :flowerforyou:

Pip: Congratulations on your medals. WTG!!!!! :bigsmile:

Allie: Congratulations on a wonderful evening. :smiley: I hope your new office manager turns out to be a good person. :flowerforyou:

Machka: Today I am grateful for nature’s hummingbirds. I love your 30 days of gratitude. Thank you so much for sharing. :star:

Michele: I’ve seen the site down screen, too. I seem to be able to get around it. :huh:

Penny: It is so good to see your post! I’ve missed you. :bigsmile:

Lanette: We haven’t had frost yet. The forecast for us has a potential low of 34 on Thursday night. Being next to the river, temps are often more moderate here than just a few miles away &/or higher in elevation. I’m NOT complaining. :noway:

I’m hoping to go to yoga today, and shop for a new phone charger with a nice long cord. The one by my nightstand disappeared. I have no idea where it is. :grumble: Yesterday's bareback pad riding lesson left me with a very sore backside. I think I've already whined about that. I'm guessing I'll have to work at keeping my whine to myself. :embarassed:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    B)