WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    #1 Delectable Smell of my homemade chicken vegetable soup.
    #2 Bluetooth Technology in my car.
    #3 The Color Aquamarine in the dichroic glass at the craft show.
    #4 My morning coffee with a sprinkle of my spice blend & a dollop of heavy whipping cream.
    #5 Profound silence after getting in my car after a chaotic day at work. I'm with Penny on this one, wish I had her setting.
    #6 Nature: I love thunderstorms. Especially the smell of the air during a thunderstorm.

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    Yes MFP is having issues ...

They say:

"Well it's definitely a Monday. We are aware of the issues with the app. Our techs are on the case and we'll resolve it as quickly as possible. Thank you in advance for your patience."

And then:

"On the afternoon of November 5, some users reported log in and syncing trouble with MyFitnessPal. We are working to correct and, while there may be occasional delays, the app and site should be more stable."

Of course, it's actually November 6, but ... OK.

M in Oz
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Janet lovely flowers

I couldn't log in last night on iphone or ipad but seems ok this morning, had 4 pages to catch up on but got there in the end. Off to exercise now

Kate UK <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    I tried making the picture larger

oztzuys16y6x.jpeg

Janetr OKC

Happy Birthday!!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
    JanetrOKC inspiring bio, weight loss journey and pics.

<3 NYKAREN
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    good morning! Happy Tuesday! Women in the U.S.A., if you haven't done so already, go vote! B)
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Allie - you reminded me of something I've always remembered from Anne Morrow Lindbergh: "Only love can be divided endlessly and still not diminish." So many see it as a limited resource, when in reality, the more we love others, the more we CAN love.

And yes, "busyness" has somehow become a virtue, and I seriously have my doubts about that. How many times have you asked someone, "How are you?" and the answer comes back, "Busy!" or some variation on it. I'm just as guilty as the next person on that one. I so look forward to the day when someone asks me the question, and I can say, "Enjoying life." I feel as if I'm almost there.

Speaking of which... :)

Love y'all,
    Lisa in Arkansas
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I think I mentioned that I voted early a couple of weeks ago, but If I didn't, I've voted, have you? (Obviously only for the ladies in the US.)

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Machka9
    Options
    I think I mentioned that I voted early a couple of weeks ago, but If I didn't, I've voted, have you? (Obviously only for the ladies in the US.)

Okie in the TX Hill Country

We had an election here too ... completely by mail or drop off, and we had to get our votes in by Oct 30th. All the local councils hold their elections at the same time.

M in Oz
  • mjschmitzmojo
    mjschmitzmojo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

Happy Tuesday - was able to get a 2.5 mile interval workout in yesterday before it got to dark in the neighborhood. Was super excited about that since I had been off for 3 days from working out, and gained 3 lbs from the weekend of parties. This weekend coming up is a short family vacation celebrating my hubby of 37 years (my high school sweetheart) 60th birthday. Our kids are going with us so super excited about it.

I too had issues with MFP and it seems to be ok this am. Keep our fingers crossed they have it rectified.

Rebecca - that is a beautiful picture of your cat and the scenery is just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing I am a cat and dog lover but only have a cat at this time.

Barbie - Glad things worked out for you at the dentist, not my fav place for sure. I have horror stories and could write a book about dentist experiences.

Janet OKC - Happy Birthday - loved the card from our granddaughter and the flowers from your hubby. You look awesome keep up the good work.

Carol Ann - Welcome to the group, I am pretty new myself and so far seems to be an awesome group of ladies who have interesting lives.

Machka in OZ- prayers all turns out for you, as for the software issue, just go in with a positive attitude that you can do this and you will be fine.

Voting day - do your thing!!!!

Everyone have a great day the choice is yours!!!!! 7557ebr3efgj.png
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,751 Member
    Options
    Machka ... good advice! Decluttering my basement is a humongous job ... but cleaning the shelves on the north wall, emptying the first drawer on the filing cabinet, picking up everything off the floor and sorting, etc ... that's doable! The old "eat an elephant one bite at a time."

Busy-ness ... I don't think this is a virtue either. Yes, there are times when we need to have activity in our lives and it is beneficial as compared to nothingness, but it needs to be balanced with time for rest and reflection ... for peace. I try to stay off of the busy treadmill as much as possible.

Michele ... never tasted grapefruit pie before. Interesting.

#6 nature ... I am grateful for rainbows ...

I have not voted yet, but will be stopping mid-afternoon between appointments. Regardless of party affiliation/politics, voting is a privilege denied to many in the world. I don't take my blessings lightly.

Beth near Buffalo

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    :) I voted by mail about two weeks ago.

:) Today is Jake's cataract surgery and the start of our modest kitchen remodel project and a dry day so I can plant more daffodil bulbs. Who could ask for anything more?

<3 Barbie from chilly and always beautiful NW Washington
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Allie - I like watching Joyce Meyer and have a couple of her books. She cuts to the chase, lol. I don't intend to get into a discussion on religion here, but wanted to mention I've been attracted to Christian Science and Unity teachings throughout my life (tho I'm a confirmed Methodist, lol.) I think it's because my INTJ brain understands what I consider a literal interpretation of Jesus's teaching.

Beth
    - decluttering by eating the elephant one bite at a time is working for me. Good luck to you! I managed to get two shelf tops cleaned off yesterday, plus tossed a big box of old plastic food containers that had been living in the garage into the recycle bin just before the truck came.

Machka and Rye (if you are popping on here) - I just read that hypnosis works sometimes for menopausal symptoms! Perhaps a person is given suggestions to feel chilly when the hot flashes start up? If I was still going through them I would check into it. I know our minds can be quite powerful when it comes to controlling pain. Fascinating.

Mjschmitzmojo - sorry, I have forgotten your name and location already, lol. Wanted to say your walking and exercise is impressive! Keep it up and so glad to see you and other newbies posting a lot on here.

Ah, election day is finally here. Vote early and vote often! B);) No more political ads...hooray! Let the Christmas ads begin >:)>:) AARRGGHH, lol.

Have a good day!

Lanette
    Chilly SW WA State
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm another Carol, but I'm known by friends as Carol Ann. I turned 75 on Oct. 31st. I was diagnosed with T2Diabetes a couple of years ago, so not only am I trying to lose weight, but also trying to keep my blood sugar in check. I'm a widow and live in Ohio. My companions are 3 fifteen year old cats from the same litter. Recently sold my house and moved into a ranch condo and love it. I love to knit, crochet, read, color, and write.
    Beginning weight: 182
    Current weight: 167
    Goal weight: 130

lol I'm Carol Ann too but only known as Carol, lots of Carol Ann's
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Janet you look fab!

Welcome to new Carol Ann

Carol from Kent UK
  • allarounddice
    allarounddice Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Tanya. I've only been using my fitness pal for a week, but it is exciting to see the difference it makes. I can see what I'm eating and see how much activity and water that I'm getting. Hard to make much of a difference in a week. But tomorrow, I'm planning on walking to work; thanks to this community and wanting to see a difference in my level of activity.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka: I wonder what tipped the apple cart over. I’m glad I can record my food and find my friends. Right now that is the most important part of it all for me. :star:

Janet: What a wonderful birthday card from Callie. WOW!!! Happy Birthday! :heart:

KJ & Machka: Oregon is a vote by mail state & we turned in our ballots last week. They’ll count them all after polls close today. There seems to be lots of crackpots running for office this year. :ohwell: There are also some very good people. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: I love this quotation, “Only love can be divided endlessly and still not diminish." The quotation is very insightful and you may see me post it now and then. Thank you! :heart:

Barbie: My DH has had cataract surgery and it was a huge blessing. He had one eye done at a time, and the two surgeries were about a month apart. I hope Jake’s surgery goes very well. :star:

Tanya: Welcome to a great group of women. Stop by often for encouragement and support. :flowerforyou:

I am wondering about the list serve. I am not seeing it on my phone yet. I hope that It will reappear soon.
    We don’t have anything planned for today. It is currently foggy outside & the hummingbirds have been busy at the feeders.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

"It is not selfish to be happy. It is your highest purpose. Your joy is the greatest contribution you can make to life on the planet. A heart at peace with its owner blesses everyone it touches." ~ Alan Cohen
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Well I am at work and there to many people here...I was supposed to assist the Dr and another assistant showed from another office...plus the new office manager and one from Hartford. And 2 Drs full house and then some..