Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant to the point I break out across my face and get severe stomach pain if I have dairy.

I still drink a milkshake whenever offered... :neutral:

Same.... And mostly I don't even regret it. However, I have a gallstone that is bothered by refined sugar that has considerably improved my will power.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    I'm a diabetic and I told my doctor that I can eat a candy bar if I drink a diet soda with it because the soda removes the sugar & carbs and cals. Also, when I eat other sweets like cake or cookies taking more insulin to cover the carbs does the same thing. My doctor asked me; "And where did you go to medical school?" I said; 'Oh I just know this stuff because it works for me alright." He told me no I think you better listen to me but I don't.

Eugenia, this is not judgment, but it is a warning: please please please listen to your doctor. Insulin may make you feel okay today, but my dad is in a long term care facility because of diabetic neuropathy, among other health problems. He sometimes cannot stand up on his own and he can no longer drive because he can't tell which pedal his foot is on.
  • Lindz2H
    Lindz2H Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I HATE going to the gym. or Exercise in general. I always accumulate new injuries and they become costly to take care of.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Yay for first Christmas with grandbaby, Mo!! That's exciting. I agree with Mel that he'll just play with the boxes (and wrapping paper). And I don't think you're selfish for thinking a December birthday sucks. I was sad to find out baby P was due in December for the same reason. I didn't want him growing up hating his December birthday.
    Also- boo to Chandler marking in the house!

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Still debating on going to my CG workout this evening. We do it outside and the temps are going to be low 40s to the upper 30s. I am thinking I would much rather stay home and warm. At least there is no rain.
  • melissafeagins
    edited November 2018
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Still debating on going to my CG workout this evening. We do it outside and the temps are going to be low 40s to the upper 30s. I am thinking I would much rather stay home and warm. At least there is no rain.

Just go do it!

"I really regret doing that workout."
    ~No one, ever

I don't know, Quik. There was that guy at my gym who cracked his sternum doing bench press. I am pretty sure he regretted that workout... Or at least his decision to bench without a spotter.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Lindz2H wrote: »
    I HATE going to the gym. or Exercise in general. I always accumulate new injuries and they become costly to take care of.

Can you walk in your neighborhood at least? I lost most of my weight walking my dog and then I joined the Y.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I'm a diabetic and I told my doctor that I can eat a candy bar if I drink a diet soda with it because the soda removes the sugar & carbs and cals. Also, when I eat other sweets like cake or cookies taking more insulin to cover the carbs does the same thing. My doctor asked me; "And where did you go to medical school?" I said; 'Oh I just know this stuff because it works for me alright." He told me no I think you better listen to me but I don't.

Eugenia, this is not judgment, but it is a warning: please please please listen to your doctor. Insulin may make you feel okay today, but my dad is in a long term care facility because of diabetic neuropathy, among other health problems. He sometimes cannot stand up on his own and he can no longer drive because he can't tell which pedal his foot is on.

And my grandma had both legs removed below the knee for the same reasons! Take care of yourself, @eugeniaramage!

@eugeniaramage Diabetes is nothing to play around with. I really hope you listen to your doctor and not your logic and reasoning. My Dad had to have all his teeth removed because diabetes rotted them all. He now has to wear dentures.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Friday fun: what's everyone doing for the weekend (besides Quik, who's chasing bad guys)?
    I am going to see my dad this evening, then going to do some Christmas shopping tomorrow after yoga and visiting a local brewery for their food truck round up. I'm the designated driver, but my favorite truck makes a killer Cuban that I always eat without bread. And she always serves me first so there hasn't been any bread on her grill. :smiley: gotta love a business like that.

Christmas shopping :cry:

I dont wanna think about Christmas yet!

I'm not ready for Christmas! I still can't believe Dark Thursday/Black Friday is next week already. Where has this year gone? This year we have to work 3 PM to midnight.

Boo!!! Dark Thursday stinks!!!

I will forever boycott Dark Thursday. Freaking ridiculous.

What is dark Thursday?
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I boycott Dark Thursday and Black Friday.

I refuse to take part in that madness!!!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

My only mall Black Friday purchase will be a latte at my friends' Carl and Susie's coffee shop. My daughter will be manning the cash register so they can concentrate on food and drink. I intend to pay in loose change so they have it for the long weekend. I will do some shopping at locally owned places downtown.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Friday fun: what's everyone doing for the weekend (besides Quik, who's chasing bad guys)?
    I am going to see my dad this evening, then going to do some Christmas shopping tomorrow after yoga and visiting a local brewery for their food truck round up. I'm the designated driver, but my favorite truck makes a killer Cuban that I always eat without bread. And she always serves me first so there hasn't been any bread on her grill. :smiley: gotta love a business like that.

I'm not ready for Christmas! I still can't believe Dark Thursday/Black Friday is next week already. Where has this year gone? This year we have to work 3 PM to midnight.

What is dark Thursday?

Thanksgiving. I am not sure when Kelly opens for shopping, but I am going to be praying for her.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options

My only mall Black Friday purchase will be a latte at my friends' Carl and Susie's coffee shop. My daughter will be manning the cash register so they can concentrate on food and drink. I intend to pay in loose change so they have it for the long weekend. I will do some shopping at locally owned places downtown.

I am ok with this -- Local retailors need the revenue, but I refuse to be in the heard that hits Walmart at 1 AM. That is INSANE! Also, I feel like folks need to be with their family on Thanksgiving, so I will not shop that day.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

What is dark Thursday?

Sales that start on Thanksgiving night. People leave their family/friends/holiday to go shopping, which makes the store clerks also leave their family/friends/holiday. :explode:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I wanted to call into work sick so badly this morning. I'm exhausted and stuffed up. I didn't call in because I want to use all my accumulated comp-time to take Black Friday and Christmas Eve off.

I hope I'm not getting sick again! Zinc for me.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

I hate that it has travelled to England. We were perfectly happy with our Christmas Sale madness and now this as well. The worst part is that we have gone over the top about it. I just heard an advert on the radio say 'Black November' so now its the whole friggin MONTH?! WTF.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

Tell me you aren’t serious
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

Tell me you aren’t serious

:# I'm waiting for Nicole. She's gonna hit the roof.