New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited November 2018
    fish9283 wrote: »
    syrom5vlalkb.jpg
    0l6r1jkw6dgx.jpg
    bwm9xf521usw.jpg

This all-in-one frozen turkey dinner from Trader Joes is pretty tasty. It's turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes in a crispy pastry shell, with separate packets of gravy and cranberry sauce. I cooked it in a toaster oven, and came out delicious! It was enough food for me and my husband, with leftovers for tomorrow. My husband wished that there was more gravy, and the cranberry sauce was too thin, but it sure was an easy way to make a pseudo-Thanksgiving dinner.

(The cut slices actually looked more appetizing IRL than the photo appears)

Thanks for telling us about this! I ended up buying for a dinner I was hosting and everyone LOVED it! It was awesome! I recommend it as well. I am not even a big thanksgiving food fan (I usually just like the turkey and pie, hate stuffing etc), yet I thought it altogether in a pastry was delicious. I would buy this again.

I ended up putting mine on broil for about 10 minutes to get the outside a bit more flaky and crispy.
  • crystallee85
    crystallee85 Posts: 50 Member
    This post is gonna be a Youtubers Made Me Buy It edition XD

I tried quite a few new things because I heard multiple weight conscious youtubers raving about them. Some were good; some were underwhelming.

1) Smart Sweets. These are a knock it out of the park find. I'm a total gummy lover. Back in the day I could easily polish off an entire bag of Welch's Fruit Snacks every day. Now that I know that's not exactly ideal, I went on the hunt for something calorie friendly and that would satisfy that sweet tooth. Enter Smart Sweets, a brand of gummies that are only 90 calories a pouch (and a good sized bag too!). There's the regular fruit bears, sour gummies, and a Swedish Fish knock-off. I actually loved the sour ones best, which is the one I thought I'd like least. They aren't too sour like Sour Patch Kids tend to be -- they're actually dusted in a light sour sugar. The Swedish Fish are my next favorite because they were a berry flavor and extremely soft. The fruit gummies were all right. I liked them well enough, but I kinda thought they just tasted like regular old gummy bears. Please seek these out at your local GNC or Whole Foods (or online). They make an awesome movie snack too! ;)
    !

100% agree on smart sweets. I have only had the old formula which was regular and sour for 152 calories but still great. They are a tad bit pricey though, $3-$4 a portion in Canada at least

• Lindz2H
    Lindz2H Posts: 36 Member
    edited November 2018
    brk991n2lf6z.png

THESE!!! OMG so good, so filling. Got them from Aldi
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    go9gs552ztga.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    This post is gonna be a Youtubers Made Me Buy It edition XD

I tried quite a few new things because I heard multiple weight conscious youtubers raving about them. Some were good; some were underwhelming.

1) Smart Sweets. These are a knock it out of the park find. I'm a total gummy lover. Back in the day I could easily polish off an entire bag of Welch's Fruit Snacks every day. Now that I know that's not exactly ideal, I went on the hunt for something calorie friendly and that would satisfy that sweet tooth. Enter Smart Sweets, a brand of gummies that are only 90 calories a pouch (and a good sized bag too!). There's the regular fruit bears, sour gummies, and a Swedish Fish knock-off. I actually loved the sour ones best, which is the one I thought I'd like least. They aren't too sour like Sour Patch Kids tend to be -- they're actually dusted in a light sour sugar. The Swedish Fish are my next favorite because they were a berry flavor and extremely soft. The fruit gummies were all right. I liked them well enough, but I kinda thought they just tasted like regular old gummy bears. Please seek these out at your local GNC or Whole Foods (or online). They make an awesome movie snack too! ;)

2) Quest Tortilla Chips in Nacho Cheese. A lighter and more airy Dorito. I like them but I'm not sure I'm crazy about them yet. I just tried it a few minutes ago, so maybe I need to eat more ;) I bought them to go with my turkey meat enchiladas tonight.

3) Built Bars. The 110 calorie protein bar, which is decidedly more candy bar to me. You can try a sampler pack of 6 bars for $3 right now with the YouTube codes floating around. They remind me of a more pillowy version of the creme-filled Whitman's chocolates. They're pretty tasty but definitely don't serve as a meal replacement. I eat them as a snack. My favorites so far were the Chocolate Raspberry and Chocolate Orange. The chocolate is definitely very nice, so if you're looking to satisfy that chocolate craving with an added protein bonus, try these. I think they have free shipping too.

4) Smart Cakes. God, these are all over the internet now. I drove to a bagel shop 20 minutes from me because their store locator said it was sold there, and to my knowledge it's only readily available online. Only 38 calories a cupcake. The shop only had cinnamon or chocolate to purchase, so I went with cinnamon since the chocolate didn't get great reviews. I was a little underwhelmed, honestly. It wasn't bad per se, but I felt like I ate some air. I wanted it to be a little more dense than it was. The taste was nice, though-- like a Drake's Coffee Cake. I still wanna try more. I have my eye on Coconut and Lemon.

Whew, that was lengthy. Sorry! Thanks for letting me talk about food!

I love the smart cakes. The coconut was one of my favorites!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    The protein ones weren’t good. Loved the regular ones. They have a really nice crumbly texture which reminds me of no bake cookies. Lots of pumpkin seeds which gave them a really nice crunch. Really big for only 200 calories. Chocolate pb wasy favorite because really tasted like those no bake cookies made with rice krispies chocolate and peanut butter. ct1dmw3xtsdf.jpeg
    gsvdqjfsfi2j.jpeg
    i3tsxraswqyc.jpeg
    gffw991934eb.jpeg
    00reygphte4b.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited November 2018
    go9gs552ztga.jpeg

This was already posted awhile back.

Oh. Sorry :)
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    I found the peatos!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    I found the peatos!!

WOO! What flavor :). Did you get the free sample 10k I posted too?
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    I found the peatos!!

WOO! What flavor :). Did you get the free sample 10k I posted too?

I purchased firey and classic! I missed the freebies😞
  • Noreenmarie1234
    widgit808 wrote: »
    go9gs552ztga.jpeg

This was already posted awhile back.

Rather a duplicate gets posted then potentially missing a neat new product!
    and given there are thousands of posts i'd say repeats are no harm no foul 😉

Agreed, lol!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Lindz2H wrote: »
    brk991n2lf6z.png

THESE!!! OMG so good, so filling. Got them from Aldi

I love the chocolate coconut ones - its like a mounds bar!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    For anyone who missed orgain kids bar sample it’s open again https://www.orgain.com/kidsbarsample.html#sampleform
  • admaarie
    admaarie Posts: 4,297 Member
    Has anyone tried nut pods? What’s the verdict