Less Alcohol - November 2018 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    I have to say, I am loving my new approach. Info AF Sunday through Thursday and allow myself to drink on the weekends. I do not over indulge on the weekends. I have found I sleep better during the week. I am seriously considering a dry January. I did it a couple of years ago.

@pjmfitforme Wow, moderating like a pro!! Love it.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    Welcome both @SkinnyGirlCarrie and @raindogmaa it is great to have you on our thread. Both of you have had some bad run ins with the alcohol as we all have. YAY for coming to the step that allows you to be around others that are or did have the same struggles.
    Share any thing and ask any thing you care to. Your important to us!! 😊
  • MissMay
    bevin1972 wrote: »
    Just checking in, made it through the weekend af, so today is Day 5. As to my box of wine, well I realized yesterday I would have finished it so I just poured it out. What an eye opener on the amount I was putting in my body watching it go down the drain😳😱anyway I felt this amazing giddiness knowing it’s gone. I even cleaned out the fridge.
    BRAVO @bevin1972 !! That is a big step to do "the drain pour". Love the fact you became giddi. Look at those days talling up fast and furious. Keep it going.
  • MissMay
    @forestdweller1 awesome job to almost your goal weight. And for the almost 5 month AF. That is remarkable. YES keep away from the x SIL

Also, thanks for your kind words. It is my pleasure to help. 😊
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Welcome to the new people. Congratulations @forestdweller1! Five months is amazing. @MissMay that sounds awful. How awesome you were able to handle the situation in a way that you feel proud of. Yay!

I failed on my weekend away. I started out well. I ordered two large bottles of Perrier at the concert, but the night was just too long (there was the initial wait from when doors opened and then three bands for a total of 5 hours). I ended up ordering a wine, which would have been fine, but it came in a can and was 8 oz. That was large enough to get me quite buzzed (my tolerance is quite low currently) and proved to be my undoing, and I ended up saying yes to another. I learned: a) I am currently not able to go sit in a bar/club for more than a couple of hours and not drink; b) once I have the first drink, I am likely to have a second (and third and maybe fourth).

Starting over. Day 4 AF. My birthday is in a couple of Sundays, and I have to figure out a fun activity that will not involve drinking. My liver is unhappy with my two nights of drinking, so that should be sufficient motivation to take a good long break again.

That right, start over. Eventually it'll get less and less if u focus on af it'll will come.

Happy, happy birthday to u when it comes. If u want to drink on your birthday may be u could try to keep dry till then. Then on your birthday have sips of water through out the night . That keep u hydrated and fill u up. Alcohol is dehydrating. Abt!! Have a super wonderful day :)
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    ElC_76 wrote: »
    Welcome to the new people. Congratulations @forestdweller1! Five months is amazing. @MissMay that sounds awful. How awesome you were able to handle the situation in a way that you feel proud of. Yay!

I failed on my weekend away. I started out well. I ordered two large bottles of Perrier at the concert, but the night was just too long (there was the initial wait from when doors opened and then three bands for a total of 5 hours). I ended up ordering a wine, which would have been fine, but it came in a can and was 8 oz. That was large enough to get me quite buzzed (my tolerance is quite low currently) and proved to be my undoing, and I ended up saying yes to another. I learned: a) I am currently not able to go sit in a bar/club for more than a couple of hours and not drink; b) once I have the first drink, I am likely to have a second (and third and maybe fourth).

Starting over. Day 4 AF. My birthday is in a couple of Sundays, and I have to figure out a fun activity that will not involve drinking. My liver is unhappy with my two nights of drinking, so that should be sufficient motivation to take a good long break again.

That right, start over. Eventually it'll get less and less if u focus on af it'll will come.

Happy, happy birthday to u when it comes. If u want to drink on your birthday may be u could try to keep dry till then. Then on your birthday have sips of water through out the night . That keep u hydrated and fill u up. Alcohol is dehydrating. Abt!! Have a super wonderful day :)

Thank you! I want to try not to drink until we go on our family snowboarding holiday in December, so I am going to aim for AF till then. That will be about a month.

I sure am noticing how awful I feel the next day after drinking. And water just doesn’t seem to cut it for me when I am out, but the flavoured Perrier was delicious. I felt weird ordering a third Perrier. Geesh. So silly thinking about that now. And I have to let go of trying not to drink my calories in those nights. I thought I had, but when the time came, I quickly ordered the wine. It would be much better for my health to have a pop or juice than a drink or drinks.

My way out now is soda water or mineral water with sliced lemon or berries. You can have as many as u want, by the end of the evening u feel good.
  • raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    edited November 2018

Thank you! I want to try not to drink until we go on our family snowboarding holiday in December, so I am going to aim for AF till then. That will be about a month.

I sure am noticing how awful I feel the next day after drinking. And water just doesn’t seem to cut it for me when I am out, but the flavoured Perrier was delicious. I felt weird ordering a third Perrier. Geesh. So silly thinking about that now. And I have to let go of trying not to drink my calories in those nights. I thought I had, but when the time came, I quickly ordered the wine. It would be much better for my health to have a pop or juice than a drink or drinks.

My way out now is soda water or mineral water with sliced lemon or berries. You can have as many as u want, by the end of the evening u feel good.

I either have bitters and soda or lately I've been asking for tonic water and lime. It's a different taste but it adds variety and makes me feel like part of the crowd!
  • bevin1972
    bevin1972 Posts: 5 Member

My way out now is soda water or mineral water with sliced lemon or berries. You can have as many as u want, by the end of the evening u feel good.[/quote]

I either have bitters and soda or lately I've been asking for tonic water and lime. It's a different taste but it adds variety and makes me feel like part of the crowd!
    [/quote]

Have you guys tried La Croix? It’s super yummy with crushed ice in a fancy glass with lemon and/or limes.

You guys going to events and not drinking are so inspirational. I have done well because I haven’t gone anywhere except out to dinner and I have always only drank water with food anyway. But a party or gala would be very difficult for me, so props to you guys! That is awesome!!
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Thanks @Orphia yeah I’m finishing day three. So far so good. I definitely love not waking up with regret and saving 💰 money. I’m also doing the 10 day weigh in challenge on MFP so it’s a nice combo!