• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Yyyttyyyt
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Off soon for our anniversary dinner. It is C-O-L-D out there. And damp. :s
    We did venture out this afternoon and made it down to the North Laines by bus. We found a good vintage shop with a couple of coat racks and the guy there is going to send me a photo of one he has in store.
    We also found an Amnesty charity shop that takes books. In fact they collect them from your house, so we are going to do that. We need to shed a whole lot. We also bought our Christmas cards from the shop. Good to have that done.
    Had a coffee and I had a chocolate brownie. :o It's only once a year!
    Came back to wrestle with the utilities. Ugh. How things can be sooooooo badly organised beggars imagination. DH showed infinite patience.
    Now I'm dressed up and ready to go. I have a padded down coat and furry boots for the walk.

The people I am most grateful for are my grandchildren. And I am grateful that DH showed me how to enjoy them. I am continually surprised that I am a half decent grandmother. My own mother was useless. I find mine exhausting, but utterly wonderful. They seem to quite like me as well, although DH is the favourite, very deservedly. He is not their blood grandfather, but he is the best granddad ever. <3<3<3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Lisa- I had no doubt that you would ACE the interview and get the job...so very proud of you...you go girl!! Now that's a heck of a nice thing to happen on vacation huh?
    Heather and Johnny Happy Anniversary and enjoy your evening,you sound so happy now that your in Hove..
    3 more hrs of work...had to run over to the attorney's office because I forgot to sign a paper that had to go to the court..and paid 269.00 bucks for oil for dad's house more money out of my pocket but I don't want the pipes to freeze before the closing.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Heather: Happy Anniversary

Lisa: Congrats...Hoping this will be the best of jobs.

Carol in GA
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Lisa- I would love to be a fly on the wall when the intriem ceo gets your letter of resignation. And best of all, you won’t have all that travel that was part of your pay. Lol.
    Happy Anniversary Heather. Glad you enjoyed your brownie and your pub meal.
    Got my house cleaned with hubby doing the floors so just chillin now. Started a new book, “Killers of the Flower Moon”. I think it will be good as it was a Sunday Times bestseller.
    Seems like Saturday I guess because when I was working Saturday was th day I cleaned house and did laundry.
    SueBDew in TX
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Lisa hooooooorrraaayayyyayayayayayy! Insert dancing emojis here!

NYKAREN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Great job, Lisa! What a turnaround in a couple of weeks!

Had a very nice meal. Great to be able to walk there. I had Babaganoush folowed by Hake with mussels and beans etc.

Tomorrow I must go for a run before the blind man arrives. DH said he might come with me. He walks , I jog. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Lisa!

Battled the grocery store today by myself while Dave was volunteering at the Food Bank. I told him that almost made us even for all the running around he had to do yesterday to rescue me. That place was crazy! I did my random act of kindness by taking somebody’s checkbook and shopping list to the service desk. They left it on the bananas!

• PressingPatience
    PressingPatience Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Lisa, on both the job and working water. :smile:

Willow in WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies~
    well I am home and in jammies~
    so excited for you Lisa...
    next 24 hrs are going to be busy.... working 9-3 tomorrow and then dropping Alfie off with Tom, its like traveling with a child, his crate, toys food etc.. lol
    then will be leaving early thursday morning..
  • lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I only read the last page I keep falling way behind All is well the foot is healing but taking it's sweet time it doesn't know that I have no patients. Better hurry up.
    Lisa Congrats on a new job hope all goes well.

See you lighter
    Linda in the great white Northern Ontario
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Karen, that tree is gorgeous! Hope you enjoy your time with your daughter.
    Viv, hard when our parents are getting on. I'm surprised at how long it took for the ambulance to get there, is that normal?
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Heather, happy anniversary! Glad that you enjoyed your dinner!
    Lisa!! So happy for you! Congrats on the job. I'm sure there was never any doubt.... I truly hope you are granted that exit review, the higher ups need to know what that interim CEO is doing.
    Allie, you are a better woman than I! I would have gone into the office when I got there the first time. As someone else pointed out, there are any number of reasons for you to get there early and it's certainly not up to her what time you get there and what you do before you start work.

Well, today I did it! I went to the gym this morning, got on the treadmill and did an interval program that included running! It felt really good too. I paid attention to the time, did one minute walking flat, two minutes uphill, one minute flat and then some running. The first run was about three minutes so I upped the speed the next time, still managed two minutes at a time. Will definitely will be doing that again!
    Hubby and I put up our Christmas lights this afternoon, we don't do a lot outside but the weather is supposed to get kind of ugly after today, so we wanted to get it done while it was still decent. Very happy to have it done now. Hubby won't let me start on the insideof the house til after Dec 1, and I'm okay with that too. I do have a plan for outside the front door, but that shouldn't take long and I need some chicken wire before I can get that taken care of. Might go get that tomorrow....
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to any newbies that I may have missed!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    u6jdnpeq9hgf.jpeg
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies: Went to the YM this morning. I have filled out an application to sub as a volunteer for just one aquatics teacher. She teaches Arthritis and Injury water exercise. I taught arthritis water classes from 1980 until 2015 so have just a little experience. I think it will be fun and not too often as she is almost always there.

DH starts chemo the day after Thanksgiving. It is pills so no need to go to the center for infusions at this point. He needs to have his blood checked fairly often though. I wonder if we may be able to do this in town here.

Got a surprise, my mom is planning to come up for Christmas. We will enjoy having her but I was surprised as she told me at the family reunion this summer that she was done traveling for this year. She is 94.

Heather - Happy anniversary to you and your DH.

Lisa - WooHoo! Congrats to you on the new job.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA