December 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins when's your half?? This weekend or next? I lost track!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 so exciting, welcome to the rollercoaster that is preparing for HM1! When is it?
    @Deviette welcome to the group, sounds like a good goal for you, I find setting something reasonable and achieving it far more motivating than setting something overenthusiastic then failing.
  • Charlene____
    Charlene____ Posts: 110 Member
    Options

Beka3695 wrote: »
    @Beka3695 so exciting, welcome to the rollercoaster that is preparing for HM1! When is it?
    @Deviette welcome to the group, sounds like a good goal for you, I find setting something reasonable and achieving it far more motivating than setting something overenthusiastic then failing.

It is March 9th, 2019. I think with my other upcoming runs, I will be fine. I do not imagine I will run the ENTIRE thing. I see some random walking thrown in.

Upcoming runs:
    12/8/18 - Reindeer Run 10k
    01/26/2019 - Java Jog 10k
    02/17/2019 - Hot Chocolate 15k
    03/09/2019 - Berry Half Marathon
    07/04/2019 - Atlanta Peachtree Road Race

DECEMBER GOAL 75 Miles

I’m also doing the HC 15K and Peachtree. Sending you a friend’s request. :)

• Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Thank you! I'm terrible for setting somewhat optimistic goals and then being disheartened when I fall behind them, so I'm hopeful that this isn't going to be one of them. I want to push myself, but I don't want to give up!

@PastorVincentPastorVincent Aaaah, SMART goals, I'd forgotten about them :smiley:
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Deviette wrote: »
    @eleanorhawkins Thank you! I'm terrible for setting somewhat optimistic goals and then being disheartened when I fall behind them, so I'm hopeful that this isn't going to be one of them. I want to push myself, but I don't want to give up!

@PastorVincent Aaaah, SMART goals, I'd forgotten about them :smiley:

I think most of us try to! :lol:

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 50 for December. Real goals are to do well at St Jude Marathon Weekend 5k, keep running and get used to the colder weather, and hopefully run the Buffaglo 5k night time fun run through the Christmas lights at Shelby Farms.

My goal for St Jude is to at least beat my time from last year, which was the first race I ever ran. This is a crazy big race with five thousand people mostly on teams walking abreast, so anything could happen. Last year I was forced to walk for eight minutes before space cleared out enough to run. So not going in with any particular expectations. Also, current forecast says there's supposed to be a lightning storm and heavy rain at race time, and I am not a good rain runner, or immune to lightning bolts!